Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:43 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David
The following users liked this post:
shipahoy (04-29-2023)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:45 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above
Old 04-25-2014, 10:11 AM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered 2 of these. The order is from Brad Cooper. I will use these and report back to the forum
Old 05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by mastergunner
I just ordered 2 of these. The order is from Brad Cooper. I will use these and report back to the forum
Old 05-11-2014, 05:01 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above
Old 05-17-2014, 12:37 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Dumb question, you mention in your post about cleaning inside. what about exterior window cleaning?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:18 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
Dumb question, you mention in your post about cleaning inside. what about exterior window cleaning?
Hi
It works both inside and outside.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:15 PM
cegusa
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used this numerous times on several vehicles and am very satisfied with the results (and I am picky about details). What I really like about using this on the Vette is not having to cover the HUD like I was doing when I was cleaning the inside in a traditional way with a spray product. Adams glass cleaner is still my go to on the outside of the windows. It seems to leave them "slick" and helps to avoid things sticking to the outside.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Bought these several years ago at Corvette Carlisle. Did not work for me. Tried several times. And yes I followed the directions and watched the video.

I use a micro fiber and follow up with a cotton towel. No film, no streaks.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:55 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Crusher
Bought these several years ago at Corvette Carlisle. Did not work for me. Tried several times. And yes I followed the directions and watched the video.

I use a micro fiber and follow up with a cotton towel. No film, no streaks.
Sir, we are the only place to get these and have never been to Carlisle.
DMGKDG (10-28-2015)
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried mine that I bought from you guys and unfortunately I am disappointed. I put just a little water on the towel and it was too much. I tried the other one and sprinkled a little water on it and it was still too much. If you have to be so exact on how much water is used on these towels then they are not worth the hassle.
JasonInTexas (05-22-2023)
Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 PM
cegusa
Racer

Originally Posted by mastergunner
I just tried mine that I bought from you guys and unfortunately I am disappointed. I put just a little water on the towel and it was too much. I tried the other one and sprinkled a little water on it and it was still too much. If you have to be so exact on how much water is used on these towels then they are not worth the hassle.
I would try it again. Get it "soaking" wet and then wring it out pretty good. It should be damp when you use it. I was skeptical at first but I have abandoned any other way on the windshields of three vehicles I currently own. I still do the doors and hatch the traditional way with Adams glass cleaner and a waffle microfiber..
Old 06-22-2014, 10:42 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by cegusa
I would try it again. Get it "soaking" wet and then wring it out pretty good. It should be damp when you use it. I was skeptical at first but I have abandoned any other way on the windshields of three vehicles I currently own. I still do the doors and hatch the traditional way with Adams glass cleaner and a waffle microfiber..
Why not use it on doors and hatch?

Last edited by YLWFVR75; 06-22-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 PM
cegusa
Racer

Why not use it on doors and hatch

No particular reason really. I think since they are both so easy to reach and I really like the Adams cleaner I just go that route.

Last edited by cegusa; 06-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 PM
cegusa
Racer

I tried that this evening and it didn't work either. Unfortunately I think this is a waste of money. If people have gotten this to work they must have used some weird steps or something because the towel is leaving streaks because no matter how much I wring it out it is still too wet.

Did you try wiping it down and then just letting the glass air dry? I know at first I was tempted to try and wipe everything off but resisted. It seems to dry up well.

Last edited by cegusa; 06-23-2014 at 11:10 PM.
ETHYL (11-10-2015)
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Sir, we are the only place to get these and have never been to Carlisle.
Sir, you may have not been to Carlisle but someone was there selling the exact or very similar product. Looks like a duck walks like a duck, it's a duck. The duck I bought didn't quack......
Old 07-10-2014, 07:39 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sir, you may have not been to Carlisle but someone was there selling the exact or very similar product. Looks like a duck walks like a duck, it's a duck. The duck I bought didn't quack......
I guarantee it was not these. We have these made exclusive. Apples and Oranges...

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Old 07-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Mysticine
Instructor

I bought something else also called the "Ultimate Cloth" as well back in 2008 I'm guessing you had something similar? Difference was I thought mine worked like a charm. I liked it so much I ordered a few more and even ordered the mop.

I've always hated doing windows but the cloth definitely made it easier for me. I think I lost mine in two moves since 2008, so perhaps I'll check out the new one listed here.

Last edited by Tact; 08-04-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mysticine
I bought something else also called the "Ultimate Cloth" as well back in 2008 I'm guessing you had something similar? Difference was I thought mine worked like a charm. I liked it so much I ordered a few more and even ordered the mop.

I've always hated doing windows but the cloth definitely made it easier for me. I think I lost mine in two moves since 2008, so perhaps I'll check out the new one listed here.
I'm glad yours worked...so do ours!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:17 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

In addition to some fresh ZAINO I also ordered some of your window cleaning towels.

I can say they work as advertised, in fact my wife tested it on our sliding patio doors that are cover with dog slobber. She claims it was the easiest cleaning and most complete ever.

I need to figure out how to photograph a super clean car window.

Quick Reply: Corvette Window Washing Trick.....