C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone kit for running nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 09:13 AM
JCox23
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Stand alone kit for running nitrous

Who makes a good stand alone kit for an '08 Z06 to run nitrous?

While I am not new to running nitrous at all, I am new to the stand alone fuel systems. I am planning on installing a plate kit on my C6 Z06 this winter and I don't want to take any short cuts. I am getting the full kit (purge kit, bottle heater etc.), dual bottles (mostly because it looks bad ***) and I only plan on spraying 150 shot with the stand alone kit but the bottom line is I don't want to take any short cuts. I want the stand alone just for a little extra added insurance with spraying 100 octane good race fuel with the nitrous rather than just pump gas.

What are you nitrous guys' thoughts?

A little info on the car:
It's basically a cam only car right now putting down 550rwhp.
The sodium filled exhaust vlaves have been replaced with stainless vavles and the valve guides have all been changed out. I sent the heads off to a machine shop to have the guides replaced.
Other than that the mods are as follows:

Ragin' Racin'-Stage 4 Package
Halltech Cold Air, 160 Stat
RR-LS7 Ported Intake & TB
American Racing Headers.
RR-LS7 Camshaft (STALKER)
RR-.675 Dual Springs & Titanium Retainer
RR-LS7 Hand Ported Cylinder Heads
Centerforce Dyad dual clutch
Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Nitrous Outlet stand alone fuel cell for the C6Z for sale. I just replaced all the fittings from the old blue/red to the new black fittings, new hoses, brand new Nitrous Outlet fuel solenoid, -4 AN fuel line to the Nitrous Outlet Plate system, etc... I setup it all up for the same reason you are, but my tuner preferred to run a dry shot and let the ProEFI control the fuel through the injectors, so I'm not using this setup. It's got the fuel pump, regulator, lines, fittings, cap, vent, etc...
Attached Images   
Old 10-03-2014, 05:05 AM
dicky
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If jcox isn't interested in your fuel cell I might be, pm me about it.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
JCox23
Racer

Has anyone had any expeirence with the NX stand alone kit?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
0Shane@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCox23
Has anyone had any expeirence with the NX stand alone kit?
I helped a friend install the NX stand alone on his ZR1. He's still using the stand alone today with no issues. The only thing that some people may or may not like is where it's mounted. There's no room for it under the hood of a dry sump corvette, so you have to find another place to located it. My friend personally chose to mount it in his trunk with a vent ran to the wheel well.

Hope this helps!

-Shane
Old 10-08-2014, 04:45 PM
C5Z 8 U
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the NX stand alone on my car and it works flawlessly. I also happen to be a sales rep for them so PM me if interested!
Mine is located in battery tray for the c5

Old 10-08-2014, 06:48 PM
meatheadgn
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Nitrous Outlet Stand Alone on a H/C/I car that works really well. I use 110 octane race gas in it and use a 100 shot on a H/C/I car.
It makes about 580 rwhp off the spray and about 700 on it.
I put all of the safety items in it including a LNC-2000 timing box and have had zero issues or trouble. It is a nice feeling knowing that you are using high octane race fuel and taking some timing out with the spray.
Good peace of mind in my opinion.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 AM
JCox23
Racer

I would very much like to keep everything under the hood if possible.

That's another question I had. What grade of fuel do you guys run in your stand alone? I have access to 110 Unleaded and 110 leaded.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
meatheadgn
Racer

I would very much like to keep everything under the hood if possible.

That's another question I had. What grade of fuel do you guys run in your stand alone? I have access to 110 Unleaded and 110 leaded.
I use 110 octane leaded race gas only because it is easily available where I am located. The Nitrous Outlet Stand Alone fits under the hood in a great location. I put a cover over mine with some "Methanol" stickers on it as I have hidden the system from view.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:23 AM
JCox23
Racer

Yeah I like wear thats at also.

I wasn't sure if the lead in the 110 would affect anything as far as sensors go.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
meatheadgn
Racer

It is surprising on how little fuel is actually used during a run while on nitrous. Although I only use a 100 shot it does not use much fuel so everything I have read said that the amount of lead in the fuel in addition to how much fuel is used does not effect the O2 sensor in the car.
I would however use unleaded 110 octane fuel if it was available.
Good luck on the install. You will like the difference.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:22 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah I like wear thats at also.

I wasn't sure if the lead in the 110 would affect anything as far as sensors go.
Leaded fuel will destroy O2 sensors and cats real quick normally.. but I'm not sure how that translate when using a stand alone. What about just using the unleaded 110 instead?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 PM
JCox23
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Leaded fuel will destroy O2 sensors and cats real quick normally.. but I'm not sure how that translate when using a stand alone. What about just using the unleaded 110 instead?
I sell race fuel and the highest octane of unleaded I can get is 100. I used to get 104 but it acted about like a leaded fuel and done my O2's in. I wouldn't have any issue with running 100. That's kind of what I was thinking but I wanted to get a few other opinions.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I sell race fuel and the highest octane of unleaded I can get is 100. I used to get 104 but it acted about like a leaded fuel and done my O2's in. I wouldn't have any issue with running 100. That's kind of what I was thinking but I wanted to get a few other opinions.
I have the NX full kit with high pressure fuel cell, for about 2 years all sensors are fine and use c16 able to run a 100 shot with the NA tune
Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 PM
JCox23
Racer

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
I have the NX full kit with high pressure fuel cell, for about 2 years all sensors are fine and use c16 able to run a 100 shot with the NA tune
Looks good Dennis! I wish I could mount mine in that same location but that's where the dry sump is on my Z06
Old 10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes I seen that, I think your only alternative is the Nitrous outlet stand alone or put the NX in the hatch storage compartment, I dont even know if the Z06s have that, or just call NX and ask them if the have a solution I know it works really great and priced right, the Nitrous Outlet one seems to be placed where it would get the fuel very hot
Old 10-11-2014, 04:48 PM
RMA_C6
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am building my own stand alone system and am using the Cold Fusion tank that mounts in front of the radiator. Only problem I am seeing is that on my GS the oil cooler lines will not let the tank drop in all the way and will have to modify the tank. I will get a better look when I get my trans back in and the car lowered down. I plan on using Renegade 120 Nitrous fuel.

Get notified of new replies

To Stand alone kit for running nitrous

Old 10-11-2014, 07:51 PM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Running a race fuel along with a 125 shot adds horses to the hit or does it just add a peace of mind?

I would like to run a 125 nano setup on a cam and header Z setup with a progressive controller. If the stand alone fuel setup would help with a little more ponies and more consistent runs that I wouldn't mind buying one as well.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:50 PM
RMA_C6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6
Running a race fuel along with a 125 shot adds horses to the hit or does it just add a peace of mind? I would like to run a 125 nano setup on a cam and header Z setup with a progressive controller. If the stand alone fuel setup would help with a little more ponies and more consistent runs that I wouldn't mind buying one as well.
Not sure if it helps with HP but it will help with detonation. I'm going with a stand alone so I don't have to do a fuel system that will support it off the rail. Also, I don't want to run race fuel in the tank when I want to spray the car. I'm not sure what the Z06 fuel pump will support with your mods but if you don't use a stand alone just keep an eye on the fuel pressure while you dial it in and make sure it's not dropping. I'm no expert and am still learning. I hope to have mine done in a couple of weeks. Parts and pieces are still coming in and should have everything but the hose ends Tuesday.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 PM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Nitrous outlet makes good stuff. Running a standalone with blower spacer in my car.

Name:  image-1950151093.jpg
Views: 7407
Size:  479.8 KB

Quick Reply: Stand alone kit for running nitrous