C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06/Z07 owners looking for street wheel/tire package

Old 01-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Z06/Z07 owners looking for street wheel/tire package

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ben and I own WEAPON-X Motorsports. While we make and sell a lot of products, I have done THOUSANDS of wheels since 2010 for customers all over the world and have the lowest prices on the planet! I will give you my BEST quote up front on what you requested as well as some other options that you might like as well! I'm not the carpet salesman type who will give you my best price till someone else offers you something less and then all of a sudden find a little more savings for you trying to secure the deal. I have been a car enthusiast from the time I could walk, handed down from my father's love for Chevrolet and Corvettes and eventually a custom wheel fanatic and can recall 25 years ago flipping through SuperStreet Magazine, drooling over a set of twin spoke Momo monoblock wheels for months that I wanted so bad for my Stealth Twin Turbo. Ya know what, I never did get those wheels haha, but it's no surprise that I grew up a big kid and both of these loves have continued. It's not uncommon for me to have 3-4 sets of wheels for a car and go through them regularly. Now some of these are for street, track, and drag strip, but I do frequently change up the look too.

Now, I do have my own little boutique American made wheel line WEAPON-X Forged and it's no secret, that I have quite a few favorite brands like Forgeline, 360Forged, ANRKY, HRE, PUR, Strasse, Lite Speed, etc; however, I can get you any wheel you want! We offer wheels only or complete wheel and tire packages. Why should you want to consider a complete wheel/tire package? I always try to operate by removing steps and keeping it as simple as possible because with 4 businesses, 6 dogs, a lovely verrry supportive wife (tolerating all of my toys LOL), a sweet little 4yo and 2yo terror; my life is too busy as it is. So, why would you want to deal with hauling around wheels and trusting a tech making $15-20 bucks an hour at a tire store to mount your several thousand dollar forged wheels? Very few places have the touchless tire mounters like we have. One mistake and the lip is messed up, or the face is scuffed from not having fresh gaskets on the balancer cup. I always cringed (and have paid the price in the past) watching tires get mounted on custom wheels which is why I spent $15k on a Corghi, the same touchless tire mounting machine that Forgeline has (thanks for the recommendation Steve) as well as on the floor of nearly every major exotic car manufacturer and the Hunter Road Force Balancer! When you have the wheel manufacturer put the tires on, you remove that trip taking your new wheels somewhere to get tires mounted and either hauling them back or hauling the OEM wheels/tires back. You simply receive and inspect them at your house (before signing for them) and you can bolt them on in your driveway ready to roll! If the manufacturer happens to make the mistake, the wheels are there in their possession to refinish and mount to get to you. In addition, you get the tire setup you need as well, not what that specific tire store has.

NOW, here comes the big question - why should you buy wheels from me? Simple! Anyone can just chop money off of an MSRP and brag about saving you $X amount of money, but my focus is on your overall experience, from start to finish making sure you know ALL of your available options and you get exactly what you need for your intended usage. I'm an engineer by degree and spec my own offsets unless you have your own, or we can defer to the manufacturers' offsets whom I have a phenomenal relationships with, which always helps get you what you want, when you want it. But, most importantly, I have the firsthand experience because I've tested out these fitments on my own cars, so I know what works and what doesn't. My goal is to make sure you end up with what you need, not what someone was trying to sell you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to try to steer you towards something else, if you're an "I know exactly what I want/need kind of guy" and this isn't your first rodeo, then great, but unless you spend your life around this, odds are I can show you something you might not have seen yet!

The WEAPON-X Wheel Experience:
You need to be asked all of the right questions to ensure you get not just the style you're after, but also the size, finish, tires and fitment!

1. Wheel Style: I find out what wheels you like so I can make some other suggestions based on that style that you MIGHT like (so you don't end up with buyers remorse two months later), and if we end up back where we started, that's just fine. I frequently find that guys who reach out to me for wheels end up thanking me later for showing them a couple of other models they ended up liking even more.
Example: Juan's C7 ZR1 below on Forgeline EX1s! He was originally inquiring about one of their older designs and when I showed him this newer release, he was all over it and ecstatic for the recommendation!

2. Buyer's Needs: Next, we will discuss your order of importance, so you need to prioritize:
a - Looks
b - Performance/Weight
c - Cost
Example: For me, my street wheels go in this exact order. My race wheels would be Performance/Weight, Cost, and Styling. Everyone is different obviously, so you tell me how to help!

3. Intended Use: What do you plan to use these wheels for?
a - Street - summer only or year round?
b - Street/Occasional Track
c - Street/Occasional Drag/Roll Racing
d - Dedicated Track Racing
e - Dedicated Drag Racing
Example: Since I have a few sets of wheels, I focus on a, d, or e. But guys who don't want to keep swapping wheels or spend too much money, might be looking more closely at b or c.

4. Tires - Tires dictate wheel widths! This is one of the most overlooked questions, because this will dictate quite a few things, but mostly the width you should be running. If you "think" you want a 12" wide wheel, but the tire choice you're after is only a 305, you're going to end up with a stretched look if it is in spec, or buying new tires if it's not in spec. This is why we offer complete bolt on packages as well. You get the wheels, with tires mounted so you don't have to worry about them getting scratched during mounting, and you get the correct TPMS inside so you're not driving around with a light on your dash and that feeling in your stomach you're going to have to do it all over again since they put the wrong frequency in there.
Example: Some tires are summer only and maybe you drive year round and should be looking at an all season? Or you are doing a larger 21" wheel, there are very few options wider than a 325 unless you do the Pirelli 355 Lambo tire, which is 28" tall.

5. Recommended Sizes: A lot of the factors from #s 2-4 come into play herewith this, because you might LIKE the look of stock sized wheels; however, if you're racing, you need smaller diameter wheels, not just for performance, but also things the novice might not consider such as replacement tire costs, which are cheaper for smaller diameter wheels, even in racing tires. So, I will discuss the benefits of recommended:
a - Diameters - intended use vs. aesthetics
b - Widths - narrower up front for drag, wider up front for track, user call for street unless there will be some crossover
c - Offsets - if not racing, are you a stock offset kind of guy, a flush face kind of guy, or a max offset/max concavity kind of guy? Personally, I strive to have the top of the tire flush with the fender lip above it AFTER proper alignment! Stock wheels are often sunken in 6-8mm.
Example: Not to bring up Juan's ZR1 again, but he got a set of ADV1s for his previous Z06 from a popular wheel dealer around here who didn't cater to his needs, just did their typical offsets. What he got were wheels that stuck out of the wheel well and while he loved the style of wheel, he was NOT happy with the fitment at all and constantly complained of the rock chips thrown up the side of his Z, which was worse than they're notoriously known for from stock. It turned him off so much, that he wanted the stock ZR1 offsets (which were sunken in) due to his fears of being too aggressive. I took a couple dozen different pics of the offsets of my Forgeline VX1Rs on my ZR1 and had to reconvince him to trust me and do a few mm further out to flush the faces properly, because that's the look he wanted and ultimately exactly what I delivered!

From here, you will get my best quote up front and I will keep you abreast along the way until your wheels are on the way!

I've been working with several Z07 package owners looking for another set of wheels with street tires on them to use the Z07 package tires for the track or just save them for the fun sunny days!

I'm offering complete bolt on packages with rims, tpms, and tires that are mounted balanced and shipped with the Michelin Super Sport 285/335 tires! One set of GZ3s are ready to ship out tomorrow for Douglas and Rick's GA3s with the center lock nut option will be ready later this month for his C7 Z06 Z07 convertible.

Contact me for best pricing!

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 10-16-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:19 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

any option for a drag race type wheel? I was looking at my brakes and they are huge. I bet a 19in will work but I doubt anything smaller?? have you done any tests? I am very interested if you can offer a setup like that. ideally a 17inch but I know it wont be possible, so I will say 18inch wheel
Old 01-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
any option for a drag race type wheel? I was looking at my brakes and they are huge. I bet a 19in will work but I doubt anything smaller?? have you done any tests? I am very interested if you can offer a setup like that. ideally a 17inch but I know it wont be possible, so I will say 18inch wheel
I am having a set of 18x12.5s done for my MT345s. I ran an 18x6" front and 18x11" rear wheel on my C7 and now with the wider fenders, I'll be running an 18x.12.5" wheel. They will indeed clear the carbon brakes! Give me a shout tomorrow and I can talk to you about it! 614.489.8360

I worked through the first set of 18" drag wheels on the C7 and have done a few sets since. 18x11.5s fit fine but touched the upper control arm over bumps sending the "service axle" into fits. Changed to an 18x11 and it's fine. That being said, you'll already have +5mm outward with the MT345 tire so you won't want to push the face of the wheel out much if any on the drag wheels because that tire is already nearly an inch taller than OEM. So, I can squeeze out another 12mm comfortably keeping close to stock offsets, but anymore either way and you might not enjoy it as much

Old 01-07-2015, 11:58 PM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are these ZPs or regular MPSSs?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:39 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't car much about going 11 or 12 wide. I would be be fine with 18x10.5 if they would work with our Z07 brakes and rotors
Old 01-08-2015, 01:26 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

do you have a 18 inch wheel that looks like stock z06 wheel?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:58 AM
bluedevil 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben: Thanks for your interest in supplying me with a second set of wheels and tires for my Z06/Z07. Great service and exceptional pricing. The new wheel/tire package as well as the carbon fiber rear fascia/ splitter will be installed as soon as I pick up the beast in Bowling Green. As soon as my mods are completed, I will get you pic's.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

pm sent
Old 01-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND
Are these ZPs or regular MPSSs?
All of the 335 sizes are ZP at this point, but I have access to the Sport Cup, Sport Cup 2, Sport PS2, and Super Sports in 285/335 sizes.

If you want to change it up and do a 345 rear, I can do Pirelli PZeros for about the same price.

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
I don't car much about going 11 or 12 wide. I would be be fine with 18x10.5 if they would work with our Z07 brakes and rotors
The problem is you'd be limiting yourself to a 305 drag radial. The MT345 is really ideal for an 18x12, but I can get you whatever you wish!

This is the MT345 vs the M&H 325 (which is too tall for most C7 owners liking)

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
do you have a 18 inch wheel that looks like stock z06 wheel?
Not exactly due to the forks at the end. I'd stick to a 1pc wheel if you're trying to match so the spokes come out to the edge unless you have all black wheels I'd say. The AR1 or GA1 would be the closest pattern to the 5 star design. The simple solution is to get matching fronts

GT1s are a favorite though too! I have a couple of sets for Z06s in the works now

Originally Posted by bluedevil 1
Ben: Thanks for your interest in supplying me with a second set of wheels and tires for my Z06/Z07. Great service and exceptional pricing. The new wheel/tire package as well as the carbon fiber rear fascia/ splitter will be installed as soon as I pick up the beast in Bowling Green. As soon as my mods are completed, I will get you pic's.
It's my pleasure to help! As a fellow owner/enthusiast, it's not just about the sale to me. I take great pride in helping you guys mod your cars and when it's something I designed, well, that just makes me grin more!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice work Ben!! Wheels look mint!!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default VX3Cs in gloss black with trans smoke lips

This is the popular VX3C 3pc wheel from Forgeline that I've done quite a few sets of. Thi particular set has a gloss black face and a trans smoke lip which looks great for a Vette owner wanting a darker looking rim without doing all black!

Or if you like the all black look, they do look mean!

Sizes options
I can get you OEM 18/19 or 19/20" Z51 sizes for you street guys and for you track guys I can do an 18x10" square setup as well as a drag setup with 18x6 and 18x11" for LT1 and 18x12.5" for Z06 guys with a 345 MT DR. I can fit the Z06 sizes of 19x10 and 20x12" on the LT1 car with 325 rears for those looking for a more aggressive look.

Finishes are endless as far as the face of the wheel and the lip!

Center or Monoblock Finish - Standard Powder Coat

Gloss Black - Gloss Black Powder Coat Center
Gloss Bronze - Center Finish - Gloss Bronze Powder Coat
Graphite Powder Coat - Center Finish - Graphite Powder Coat
Gunmetal Center - High Gloss Gunmetal Powder Coat Center
Matte Black - Matte Black Powder Coat Center
Matte Bronze - Matte Bronze Powder Coat Center
Matte Color Other - Matte Blue
Matte Color Other - Matte Other
Matte Color Other - Matte Red
Matte Color Other - Matte Silver
Matte Color Other - Matte White
Satin Graphite - Matte Graphite Powder Coat
Satin Black - Satin Black Powder Coat Center
Satin Bronze - Satin Bronze Powder Coat Center
Satin Gunmetal Center - Satin Gunmetal Powder Coat
Standard Silver Center - Standard Silver Powder Coat
Titanium Powder Coat - Titanium Powder Coated Center
Transparent Red - Transparent Red - Three Piece Center
Brushed Center - Brushed Center - High Gloss Clear
Brushed Center - Brushed Center - Low Gloss Clear
Custom Center Color - Custom Painted
Custom Center Color - Custom Powder Coated Color Center
Fully Polished Center - Fully Polished Center
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Brushed Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gloss Black Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gold Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gunmetal Accents
Matte Gold Powder Coat - Matte Gold Powder Coat with Clear Coat
Midnight Silver Powder Coat - Midnight Silver
Polished & Brushed - Polished, Brushed, & Cleared Three Piece Center
Race Gold Powder Coat - Race Gold Powdercoat with Clearcoat
Transparent Copper - Transparent Copper - Three Piece Center
Transparent Smoke - Transparent Smoke - Three Piece Center

Outer Rim Finish Outer Rim Finish
Call weaponX motorsports for best pricing!
Brushed Outer - Brushed Outer with Clear Coat
Chrome Outer Lip - Chrome Plated Outer Rim Shell
Pinstripe on Outer Lip - Pinstripe on Outer
Polished Outer Lip - Polished Outer Lip
Powder Coated Outer - Candy Lime
Powder Coated Outer - Clear
Powder Coated Outer - Custom Color
Powder Coated Outer - Fly Yellow
Powder Coated Outer - Gloss Black
Powder Coated Outer - Graphite
Powder Coated Outer - Gunmetal
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Black
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Color Other
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Graphite
Powder Coated Outer - Midnight Silver
Powder Coated Outer - Satin Black
Powder Coated Outer - Satin Gunmetal
Powder Coated Outer - Silver
Powder Coated Outer - Titanium
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Blue
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Copper
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Red
Powder Coated Outer - Victory Red
Transparent Smoke
Old 01-10-2015, 01:31 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What size wheels on the white one? Great stance!
Old 01-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by petecaballero
What size wheels on the white one? Great stance!
Thanks Pete, those are 19x9 and 20x11.5 with my body kit but on your Z, I can do OEM widths.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Forgeline GT1 - a race worthy wheel

These hot wheels are the Forgeline GT1 with center lock option but also available in standard 5 lug. I have done a couple of sets of these in the past month and I feel are a very solid choice for the C7's body. They feature a uniform spoke pattern and are lightened on the sides of the spokes to reduce the weight. These wheels weigh in less than 19lbs for the fronts and less than 20lbs for the rears.

**If you like this style, this is also available as a 3pc wheel, the GT3 for a different look and multiple finishing options.

Derived from our GTD1 racing wheel, the Forgeline GT1 brings its racing DNA to the street. The GT1 combines the latest in advanced wheel technology, including one piece forged monoblock construction, motorsport engineered design, I-beamed spokes, and I-beamed spoke spans to deliver head-turning good looks with track-ready capability.

The Forgeline GT1 is a fully-forged one-piece monoblock wheel. Utilizing manufacturing technology similar to our very successful GA1R wheel, the concave 12-spoke design of the GT1 looks great and allows plenty of room for caliper clearance and extreme brake fitment. The one-piece monoblock forging and computer-simulated FEA design process yield a wheel that is very lightweight, extremely stiff, and has excellent fatigue strength. The GT1 is machined from a single forging of 6061-T6 aluminum.

Concave Profile
12-Spoke Design
Engineered fitments
I-Beamed Spoke Technology
I-Beamed Spoke Spans Along the Lip
Very Lightweight
Generous Brake Clearance

Sizes options
I can get you OEM 18/19 or 19/20" Z51 sizes for you street guys and for you track guys I can do an 18x10" square setup as well as a drag setup with 18x6 and 18x11" for LT1 and 18x12.5" for Z06 guys with a 345 MT DR. I can fit the Z06 sizes of 19x10 and 20x12" on the LT1 car with 325 rears for those looking for a more aggressive look.

I'll have pics on a couple of C7 Z06s very soon, but in the meantime, enjoy these:

Start to finish:

Centerlock From SEMA:

5 Lug:

Finishes are endless as far as the face of the wheel and the lip!

Center or Monoblock Finish - Standard Powder Coat

Gloss Black - Gloss Black Powder Coat Center
Gloss Bronze - Center Finish - Gloss Bronze Powder Coat
Graphite Powder Coat - Center Finish - Graphite Powder Coat
Gunmetal Center - High Gloss Gunmetal Powder Coat Center
Matte Black - Matte Black Powder Coat Center
Matte Bronze - Matte Bronze Powder Coat Center
Matte Color Other - Matte Blue
Matte Color Other - Matte Other
Matte Color Other - Matte Red
Matte Color Other - Matte Silver
Matte Color Other - Matte White
Satin Graphite - Matte Graphite Powder Coat
Satin Black - Satin Black Powder Coat Center
Satin Bronze - Satin Bronze Powder Coat Center
Satin Gunmetal Center - Satin Gunmetal Powder Coat
Standard Silver Center - Standard Silver Powder Coat
Titanium Powder Coat - Titanium Powder Coated Center
Transparent Red - Transparent Red - Three Piece Center
Brushed Center - Brushed Center - High Gloss Clear
Brushed Center - Brushed Center - Low Gloss Clear
Custom Center Color - Custom Painted
Custom Center Color - Custom Powder Coated Color Center
Fully Polished Center - Fully Polished Center
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Brushed Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gloss Black Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gold Accents
HTM (High Tech Machined) Finish - HTM with Gunmetal Accents
Matte Gold Powder Coat - Matte Gold Powder Coat with Clear Coat
Midnight Silver Powder Coat - Midnight Silver
Polished & Brushed - Polished, Brushed, & Cleared Three Piece Center
Race Gold Powder Coat - Race Gold Powdercoat with Clearcoat
Transparent Copper - Transparent Copper - Three Piece Center
Transparent Smoke - Transparent Smoke - Three Piece Center

And while this wheel is a 1pc, if you opt for the 3pc GT3 wheel, then you would be able to choose from the below.

Outer Rim Finish Outer Rim Finish
Call weaponX motorsports for best pricing!
Brushed Outer - Brushed Outer with Clear Coat
Chrome Outer Lip - Chrome Plated Outer Rim Shell
Pinstripe on Outer Lip - Pinstripe on Outer
Polished Outer Lip - Polished Outer Lip
Powder Coated Outer - Candy Lime
Powder Coated Outer - Clear
Powder Coated Outer - Custom Color
Powder Coated Outer - Fly Yellow
Powder Coated Outer - Gloss Black
Powder Coated Outer - Graphite
Powder Coated Outer - Gunmetal
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Black
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Color Other
Powder Coated Outer - Matte Graphite
Powder Coated Outer - Midnight Silver
Powder Coated Outer - Satin Black
Powder Coated Outer - Satin Gunmetal
Powder Coated Outer - Silver
Powder Coated Outer - Titanium
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Blue
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Copper
Powder Coated Outer - Transparent Red
Powder Coated Outer - Victory Red
Transparent Smoke
The following users liked this post:
Damian M (10-04-2017)
Old 01-18-2015, 11:26 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I know this may sound like a dumb idea, but any chance of slightly narrower wheels with the proper offsets to bring the face out to stock location? My thought is to put a winter tire on the Z06 for the super cold months, and it doesn't need to be as wide as the max performance summer only setup.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
I know this may sound like a dumb idea, but any chance of slightly narrower wheels with the proper offsets to bring the face out to stock location? My thought is to put a winter tire on the Z06 for the super cold months, and it doesn't need to be as wide as the max performance summer only setup.
Not a stupid question at all! If you think it might see some snow/slush/ice, winter wheels are a great idea... much better than having a damaged VIN. I can do a 19" package with narrower snow tires for under $3k shipped

(2)- Front Wheels
(2)- Rear Wheels
(4) Custom Vette Caps
(2)- Front Winter Ice/Snow Tires
(2)- Rear Winter Ice/Snow Tires
(4)- GM TPMS Sensors
- Touchless Mounting
- Road Force Balancing
- Black OR Chrome Gorilla Spline Lugs
- Centering Rings
- FREE Shipping

Anthracite Machined 19x8.5, 19x10

-With Blizzak LM-32 225/40-19, 255/40-19… $2959

Machined Black 19x9, 20x10

-With Blizzak LM-32 225/40-19, 255/35-20… $2959

Old 01-18-2015, 01:05 PM
hootowlc7
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Great looking rims. I actually went with a wider wheel in the back (13) to give it a more aggressive look.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06/Z07 owners looking for street wheel/tire package

Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Forgelines on a Z06 today

Douglas just got his Forgeline wheels on his TSG Z06/ZX07 today. I can't wait to share some pics
Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

So will a 18x11 or 18x12 work on the back of a z06 with z07 pkg? Thanks
Old 01-19-2015, 06:03 PM
rob03zo6
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great question, Want 18" wheels too. Need traction you can't get a drag radial in the 20" Z06 sizes.
The following users liked this post:
61fuelie (03-19-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06/Z07 owners looking for street wheel/tire package