Sponsored by:

2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue

Howdy folks, this is my first post and I wanted to share with ya'll my experience so far being an owner of my very first 2014 Corvette C7.

I have purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 3LT and I am already experiencing issues with the nav screen. The screen randomly flickers and it looks like an "old tv", sometimes the screen will turn black completely, sometimes it will not slide down when its black. I have taken the Corvette to a GM dealership nearby my home and the service guys kept my car for a whole week and 4 days explaining to me to come and pick up the car as the issue was resolved with a re-flash of the infotainment system. After picking up my car, the very next day, the same issue happened once again and now its happening pretty much all the time. Needless to say, I am very upset and frustrated with this ordeal. This vehicle has full bumper to bumper warranty, however since this is a certified pre-owned, I was expecting all these little issues and annoyances to be already resolved by GM.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have created and posted a video on youtube so everyone can see what I am talking about:

Last edited by Matt-G; 05-19-2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Duplicated links.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:27 PM
hawkfe
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Take it to the dealership, my 2014 did that and they ended up replacing the screen.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:34 PM
motox621
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

yes the 14's did this bring the vid to your dealer to show them but the say is a plug or the screen mine is doing that to havent brought it yet tho
Old 05-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hawkfe
Take it to the dealership, my 2014 did that and they ended up replacing the screen.
Is this something they can do in one day? How long were you away from your car? I really don't want to leave there at the dealer for another week.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by motox621
yes the 14's did this bring the vid to your dealer to show them but the say is a plug or the screen mine is doing that to havent brought it yet tho
Interesting to know that I'm not alone on this issue and others were affected. Is this considered a recall ?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:29 PM
hawkfe
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Matt-G
Is this something they can do in one day? How long were you away from your car? I really don't want to leave there at the dealer for another week.
They had the car for four days, the screen was on constraint so they had to call the Chevy Techs to troubleshoot before they could order a part.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Interesting to know that I'm not alone on this issue and others were affected. Is this considered a recall ?
No. Recalls are only issued for safety issues.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 PM
chevybob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2014 with 1400 miles has the same issue.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:13 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkfe
Same here. My dealer replaced mine and said the software fix doesn't work.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Howdy folks, this is my first post and I wanted to share with ya'll my experience so far being an owner of my very first 2014 Corvette C7.

I have purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 3LT and I am already experiencing issues with the nav screen. The screen randomly flickers and it looks like an "old tv", sometimes the screen will turn black completely, sometimes it will not slide down when its black. I have taken the Corvette to a GM dealership nearby my home and the service guys kept my car for a whole week and 4 days explaining to me to come and pick up the car as the issue was resolved with a re-flash of the infotainment system. After picking up my car, the very next day, the same issue happened once again and now its happening pretty much all the time. Needless to say, I am very upset and frustrated with this ordeal. This vehicle has full bumper to bumper warranty, however since this is a certified pre-owned, I was expecting all these little issues and annoyances to be already resolved by GM.

I have created and posted a video on youtube so everyone can see what I am talking about:

2014 Corvette C7 Z51 3LT Navigation Screen Issue - YouTube
Hi Matt-G,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your Corvette's nav screen. Have you been in contact with the dealer again? We want to look into this for you; if you could PM us with your contact info, VIN, mileage and your involved dealer, we would be happy to follow up with them!

Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-20-2015, 09:09 PM
noel48
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Dealer told me the screens are on back order.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck getting it fixed. Hate to see a Vette owner have a problem and have to take it in more than once to get it fixed.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 PM
andoneward
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got my car back from the same problem. The small, local dealer didn't have the tool to troubleshoot it since this was their first time seeing it. I had to wait for a couple days and the tech worked with GM to resolve this and had to order a screen. The car spent 11 days (9 business) at the dealership and I'm happy to report that it works just fine now.
The only thing that pissed me off was the decsion to work on recall work after the screen was done versus the days we were waiting for parts. The fuel line recall could have been a 12 hour job pee the tech data if it needed work and potentially stayed there for another 2 days. If I did that with my aircraft then I would have a new job that same day. Fortunately there were no issues.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi Matt-G,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your Corvette's nav screen. Have you been in contact with the dealer again? We want to look into this for you; if you could PM us with your contact info, VIN, mileage and your involved dealer, we would be happy to follow up with them!

Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have just sent a PM.
Thank you for your assistance in advance!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chevybob
My 2014 with 1400 miles has the same issue.
I noticed the issue and took to the dealer at 11K miles...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by andoneward
I just got my car back from the same problem. The small, local dealer didn't have the tool to troubleshoot it since this was their first time seeing it. I had to wait for a couple days and the tech worked with GM to resolve this and had to order a screen. The car spent 11 days (9 business) at the dealership and I'm happy to report that it works just fine now.
The only thing that pissed me off was the decsion to work on recall work after the screen was done versus the days we were waiting for parts. The fuel line recall could have been a 12 hour job pee the tech data if it needed work and potentially stayed there for another 2 days. If I did that with my aircraft then I would have a new job that same day. Fortunately there were no issues.
That's exactly the reason why I am most frustrated at: my car spent a total of 10 days (8 business days) at the dealer. I went to pick it up expecting everything was going to be resolved regarding the navigation screen...and that was not the case. Now I have to take it back again to the dealer, should I expect to be away from my car for another 10 days???...we're having really bad weather this month here in North Texas (hail, storms, etc), its really sad to see my car being parked outside the dealer while they are working on it...for 10 days and not to have the issue completely resolved. I really don't need hail damage in my new car. This whole situation has been very frustrating and upsetting to me, I am emotionally drained. My apologies for venting this out.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I had this happen to my 2014 C7 and dealership replaced the screen..no problems since that was done!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue

Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

I have just sent a PM.
Thank you for your assistance in advance!
Thanks for the PM, Matt. We see your message and will be responding shortly.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Went through 2 additional screens before they fixed mine.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

My first answer is to take it to a different dealer !!! The original warranty should cover repairs no matter who you take it to for repair !!! I biught my car in KC and I live near Seattle !!! The dealer I take mine to gladly does recalls , repairs , etc !!!!! Wayne

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue