C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:17 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

Please click here for the PDF installation sheet

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Popular Reply

10-27-2016, 10:35 AM
mike123460
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Or... just reverse park everywhere. Not to mention you're posting in the c7 z06 forum, we have front facing cameras. If you hit a curb, you kind of deserve it.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:20 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 10-27-2016, 10:35 AM
mike123460
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Or... just reverse park everywhere. Not to mention you're posting in the c7 z06 forum, we have front facing cameras. If you hit a curb, you kind of deserve it.
The following 6 users liked this post by mike123460:
breakskeet (09-15-2018), DailyDrivenCorvettes (08-11-2020), lpabsolute (04-08-2019), mumf3 (08-15-2020), PLRX (10-22-2018), Y2KFirehawk (12-12-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:37 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mike123460
2015s don't have cameras.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 AM
ptcohen
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I Installed it (it was easy) and it WORKS !!!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:48 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Corvette Curb Alert

Old 06-12-2018, 10:53 AM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

jesus, how dumb do you need to be to have this
Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor90
jesus, how dumb do you need to be to have this
Wait until you hit something because you didn't gauge it right. I bought a 16 Z for the front camera.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Synacks
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

1LZ's don't have front cameras. However I'm looking into Navtool which would allow me to add camera(s) to the car utilizing the factory system.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Connman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

That dude should pay someone with a personality to do his videos.
Like listening to Ben Stein.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:57 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 04-29-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:28 AM
Toolin-Todd
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What did you find out about adding a camera?
Old 04-04-2019, 09:36 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Toolin-Todd
What did you find out about adding a camera?
We had no luck in adding a camera.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

We have the Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 08-23-2019, 01:36 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

I always back into parking spaces, trucker mentality I guess.
The following 2 users liked this post by TKgs2010:
Dbullis27 (08-11-2020), NortonCO (10-26-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 08:36 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 12-13-2019, 02:03 PM
KM1959
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 183 Posts

I used to think products like these were for the "challenged" driver but that was back when my only car was a Corvette. Since that time I routinely shuffle between our SUVs, cars with front lifts and bunches of rental cars. I've caught myself thinking my SUV would easily clear the curb only to realize (just in time) that I was not in fact driving my SUV. Phew.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Old 12-14-2019, 06:53 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by KM1959
I used to think products like these were for the "challenged" driver but that was back when my only car was a Corvette. Since that time I routinely shuffle between our SUVs, cars with front lifts and bunches of rental cars. I've caught myself thinking my SUV would easily clear the curb only to realize (just in time) that I was not in fact driving my SUV. Phew.
We've all been there! Myself, more times than I'd like to admit!
Old 03-11-2020, 09:13 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours today!

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert