C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM GM parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:05 AM
NotsofastC6
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM GM parts

I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I am trying to find the cheapest/most reliable place to get a replacement front bumper cover and many other items for my 09 Z51 C6 BASE. I have looked around and I cannot seem to find a good source for the items I am seeking. Thanks and again I apologize if this has been covered.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 AM
triple black c4
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default oem parts

you might want to try cultrag, they are a supporting vender. The problem you may have with the larger items like you are talking about will be the shipping.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

You need to get your best online pricing and print it.
Then visit you local dealership. The parts guys will usually try and price match.
A box of Krispy Kreme won't hurt either.
They do want you business.
All dealerships aren't bad no matter what you read on this forum.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Look to the right of the page, scroll down to parts. I usually compare prices for the best one. The forum vendors are the cheapest I have found, but then I haven't searched that much. I figure since they support the forum, I'll support them.

BTW, Culrag has parts at dealer cost right now. Can't get much cheaper than that.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 01-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:51 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I tend to plug PN's into google, if I'm looking for new OEM. In the case of body parts, I'd look for used on here or craigslist. If you get lucky and find the same color as your car, you save a bunch. Otherwise, you're going to prep and paint no matter if new or used. My car is used, so used body parts stand a lesser chance of DNA rejection.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:26 PM
z28hugger
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used both Cultrag and GMPartsDirect.com for parts. Both consistently have the best prices compared to a dealer, even with shipping.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by z28hugger
I have used both Cultrag and GMPartsDirect.com for parts. Both consistently have the best prices compared to a dealer, even with shipping.
Not that it matters about prices, but GMPartsDirect.com is the parts department of a GM dealership in Winston-Salem, NC.
Many dealerships have online websites operating essentially as a backdoor to the parts counter. Some even sell on Ebay and may use a different name.
Not too long ago, I bought a part on Ebay, who was a Chevrolet dealer in MI, because it was a low price including shipping. If I had bought the same part on their website, it was a tiny bit less, but shipping was extra. If I had bought from a local dealer's website, the price was more, plus shipping. If I walked in to the dealer's parts counter it was a lot more, even with my nominal 15% discount, since they won't price match their own website.

If you're dealing with some fairly pricey parts, you can save a lot by spending 30 minutes shopping online before you buy.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:34 AM
jballard
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Corvetterecycling.com, if they don't have the parts on line give them a call. They can sometime locate the parts for you in your body color. I bought a rear bumper cover for my Pewter Metallic C5 a few years ago. Color matched perfectly and was in perfect condition. They have a very large warehouse of used but like new corvette parts.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (02-20-2018)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Look to the right of the page, scroll down to parts. I usually compare prices for the best one. The forum vendors are the cheapest I have found, but then I haven't searched that much. I figure since they support the forum, I'll support them.

BTW, Culrag has parts at dealer cost right now. Can't get much cheaper than that.
Thank you for the referral. Just to make a correction, we are selling GM Accessories at cost. Not GM replacement parts. As mentioned here, shipping is the issue hurting the purchase of this item.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 02-20-2018, 06:08 AM
MVELOSO
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best website

I like to use OEMGMPARTSOUTLET.com for parts, i dont think the sell big body parts but they have the best price by far.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:06 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

any chance the cover you have could be repaired?

Get notified of new replies

To OEM GM parts

Quick Reply: OEM GM parts