C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have This Front Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:46 PM
ZachLegend
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Anyone Have This Front Lip?

Found this front lip on eBay. The price is amazing, and it seems to be selling well, but can't find reviews anywhere.

I love the aggressive look, and will totally pick this up if anyone has any good experience with it. Worried it could be too good to be true and have huge fitment issues.

Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-13-Chevy-...lXAqDo&vxp=mtr

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Brandon Cole Hurdle
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right under the marker light it wants to roll out. That was the main problem.
I got the one that is the zr1 style but the same cheap stuff. It was way off from fitting but with some working it with a torch and heat gun and some screws it fits decent but certainly not oem. the edges towards the wheels don't line up like I would like but it was cheap...

Last edited by Brandon Cole Hurdle; 01-16-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Cole Hurdle
I got the one that is the zr1 style but the same cheap stuff. It was way off from fitting but with some working it with a torch and heat gun and some screws it fits decent but certainly not oem. the edges towards the wheels don't line up like I would like but it was cheap...
The bolded part is a deal breaker. You shouldn't have to rebuild something that is supposed to be brand new and made to fit your car.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 01-16-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:58 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 482 Posts

On my Grand Sport. Fit was not perfectly flush with the fascia, so I got some black EDPM weatherstrip and this is the result. I'm very satisfied with it.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Brandon Cole Hurdle
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
The bolded part is a deal breaker. You shouldn't have to rebuild something that is supposed to be brand new and made to fit your car.
you get what you pay for. i just rather not pay $500 for a really nice one that will most likely get busted or ripped off cause my car is too low
Old 01-16-2017, 05:43 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

check this one out.................. a few here have it and installed it with great results........... less money as well......................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291118006276?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The following users liked this post:
MrNiceGuy! (12-29-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Brandon Cole Hurdle
Advanced

Originally Posted by rkj427
check this one out.................. a few here have it and installed it with great results........... less money as well......................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291118006276...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
that's the one I got. Came twisted in the box that's why I had to do a lot of heating and bending
Old 01-16-2017, 07:58 PM
ZachLegend
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Hm, okay. Thank you guys for the recommendations. One thing that's nice about both of these, is that they are local to me. They usually allow for local pick-up, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting all messed up in shipment. Hopefully they would let me pick one out, haha.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Brandon Cole Hurdle
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZachLegend
Hm, okay. Thank you guys for the recommendations. One thing that's nice about both of these, is that they are local to me. They usually allow for local pick-up, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting all messed up in shipment. Hopefully they would let me pick one out, haha.
Good luck man hope it all works out for you!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:47 PM
CaliVetter
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm local and also have this splitter saved in my eBay favorites as one I want to go pickup in person. Maybe some of us SoCal guys should try to offer them a few sales at once to arrive together and buy together. PM if interested
Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport

On my Grand Sport. Fit was not perfectly flush with the fascia, so I got some black EDPM weatherstrip and this is the result. I'm very satisfied with it.
I'm with NGS on this, looks much better IMO
NSF
Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 PM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

not sure why everyone is posting ZL1 style splitters, thats not what he posted, its a totally different style that i have been looking at as well.
i liked it because it goes over the front lip of the bumper, not hangs completely below it like the Zr1 style.
i have a steep driveway and trailer the car so the low hanging Zr1 style is a no go for me. the ebay one posted by the OP has a chance to not be so low. because it starts higher up on the bumper.

note how the top of the splitter/ground effects/air damn is actually starting at the TOP of the bottom of the grill opening.
The Zr1 style hangs completely below the BOTTOM of the bumper

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 01-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Ramler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
not sure why everyone is posting ZL1 style splitters, thats not what he posted, its a totally different style that i have been looking at as well.
i liked it because it goes over the front lip of the bumper, not hangs completely below it like the Zr1 style.
i have a steep driveway and trailer the car so the low hanging Zr1 style is a no go for me. the ebay one posted by the OP has a chance to not be so low. because it starts higher up on the bumper.

note how the top of the splitter/ground effects/air damn is actually starting at the TOP of the bottom of the grill opening.
The Zr1 style hangs completely below the BOTTOM of the bumper
This one is fugly. The other two that are shown are for wide-bodies. I had a ZR1 style on my 07 base but got it from Corvette Mods and paid more for it. I liked it and it doesn't seem to hang any lower than a Z06 style. I think I'll put another one on my GS. I did break it when I turned in too quickly at a gas station with a drainage dip but normally it did not cause any problems. I never trailered the 07 but it went up normally on ramps for oil changes.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by hoganj
This one is fugly. The other two that are shown are for wide-bodies. I had a ZR1 style on my 07 base but got it from Corvette Mods and paid more for it. I liked it and it doesn't seem to hang any lower than a Z06 style. I think I'll put another one on my GS. I did break it when I turned in too quickly at a gas station with a drainage dip but normally it did not cause any problems. I never trailered the 07 but it went up normally on ramps for oil changes.
Just looks sort of addonish, not very good looking, but hey as they say ******** so if you like it go for it
NSF
Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 AM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Nope!

Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
BowtieBilly1121
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How much ground clearance do you lose with the bumper lip & Z06 lip? It looks like you will lose much more ground clearance with the Z06 which is the better looking one. Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 01:29 PM
drthomas60
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Got mine from Ebay

Got mine from Ebay and mounted with screws and speed nuts on the back side, someone told me if I hit something be prepared to take a pound of bumper off. I guess if it happens I can replace the front fascia and get rid of the ugly license holder that is riveted on. Funny part is that i prepped it and primered and painted it a bright victory red with duplicolor touch up paint cans, several coats of both and even a couple of coats of clear, i was really proud because it looked really good. I picked it up to mount it and noticed a small crack in the paint, well within a few minutes later i had sucessfully scrapped every single bit of paint and primer off and back to original finish. I went ahead and mounted it without paint. preparation of plastic is a science prior to paintingI'm a believer. Good Luck. Name:  IMGP1928.JPG
Views: 2396
Size:  4.07 MB

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Have This Front Lip?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:48 PM
BowtieBilly1121
Racer

That looks very nice my Vette is Red and I think if I added one I would leave it black.How much ground clearance did you lose with it? Thanks for your reply
Old 02-12-2017, 06:47 PM
drthomas60
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ground claearance

Dont mean to hi-jack, but can help the OP as well. If you look close at the passenger front wheel you will see that i left the original air dam intact and it still hangs well below the front splitter. So you really are not at a net loss of overall clearance below the air dam. But it does extend the front end a few inches, important when it come to close quarters parking. Hope this helps.

Also I tend to be more aware of ins and outs of parking lots with any slope, if you approach at an angle it will allow for a little better angle and less scrapping.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:53 PM
BowtieBilly1121
Racer

I had to take my air dam off I only had 1 3/4 inches of clearance mine sets a little lower than a stock one. And I was hoping a front splitter might help make up for the loss of the air dam and it looks good as well. PS I have found that on slopes going at a angle helps as well.

Last edited by BowtieBilly1121; 02-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have This Front Lip?