C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new brake pad sensors for Z07 Carbon Ceramics

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 05:31 PM
kickball
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying new brake pad sensors for Z07 Carbon Ceramics

anyone know how to get these? I wanted to change my pads to Pagid since I track my car quite a bit, and they don't come with the sensors. The only way the local dealer sells them is with the pads.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:10 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 733 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by kickball
anyone know how to get these? I wanted to change my pads to Pagid since I track my car quite a bit, and they don't come with the sensors. The only way the local dealer sells them is with the pads.
If your OEM pads aren't worn down the sensors should still be fine. Could you not transfer them to the pagid pads when you replace the OEMs?

Bish
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 AM
kickball
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
If your OEM pads aren't worn down the sensors should still be fine. Could you not transfer them to the pagid pads when you replace the OEMs?

Bish
the rear are fine and I transferred the sensors. The front are worn down and the sensors triggered, so now I need to replace them...
Old 04-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Sometimes the sensors fall apart when you try to remove them the pad or the spring clips that hold them in place get loose and let them flop around. I haven't found any sensors separately available for the pads on the C7. However, I have found them for the C6 ZR1 (do a google search). They are shorter than the C7 versions but you can splice them into the C7 wires coming from the connector on the cradle.

Bill
Old 08-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Mwk
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just spliced the wires together to eliminate the light on the dash. If you track the car as I do you should be in the habit of looking at the pads vs relying on the light anyway.
Additionally, I once had the sensors melt on the track and it left the light on, drove me crazy. Get rid of them till you go back to driving strictly on the street, less problems.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:19 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by Mwk
I just spliced the wires together to eliminate the light on the dash. If you track the car as I do you should be in the habit of looking at the pads vs relying on the light anyway.
Additionally, I once had the sensors melt on the track and it left the light on, drove me crazy. Get rid of them till you go back to driving strictly on the street, less problems.
this was the first mod I helped my brother do on his Porsche Boxster GTS when he switched to more aggressive track pads.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:20 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by kickball
GM now services the carbon ceramic brake pad sensors separately. Fronts are part number 23316707 and rears are 23300243

RICH

Get notified of new replies

To Buying new brake pad sensors for Z07 Carbon Ceramics

Quick Reply: Buying new brake pad sensors for Z07 Carbon Ceramics