Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

Default kinforest Tires

Hi Guys

Heard about this brand of tires (yes, made in China).

Turn off your flame throwers, as I am just putting it out there...

I have read some reviews of these tires that seem to be based mostly in the UK and Australia where they seem to have been available for quite a while now (kinforest kf550 UHP summer tire with a Y speed rating).

They get very good reviews. Don't want to say the price point here, but we are talking seriously less than brands you might be familiar with.

Pretty available in many tire shops around the City. You might want to have a look...good tire for cars that run around town and highway cruising. No comment about track duty...
Old 04-16-2017, 08:24 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Let us know how they work out for ya
Old 04-16-2017, 09:47 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dankhts
Let us know how they work out for ya
I am not looking to buy until well into the season, Was wondering if others here have also looked into them...
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 PM
luffy
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a supercharged c5 that I got with worn drag radials. I needed rear tires that I could use through the duration of the fall and the spring. I have new nt01s that I will mount up in the warm weather. Putting them
on now would have been terrible for upcoming cold and wet weather.

I bought and installed the Kinforest k550s in 295/35/18 as I've put 9000 km in the 6 weeks I've had the car and wanted something inexpensive to wear down during daily driving. Got them from a shop in Toronto for $135 each installed. They have 320 tread wear and have performed excellently.
I was caught in a huge downpour and had no issues, obviously not the traction levels of the Nitto 555r that were on, but adequate for normal use.

I couldn't give a **** about what other owners may think about putting Chinese tires on a vette. I've seen so many garage queen c5s with overly tire-shined 10 year old rubber that are closer to hockey pucks in compound at this point. I will almost certainly wear them out by next summer and don't ever want to second guess taking the vette on a long trip for fear of wearing down expensive rubber.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:19 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice to have some feedback - thanks

Originally Posted by luffy
I have a supercharged c5 that I got with worn drag radials. I needed rear tires that I could use through the duration of the fall and the spring. I have new nt01s that I will mount up in the warm weather. Putting them
on now would have been terrible for upcoming cold and wet weather.

I bought and installed the Kinforest k550s in 295/35/18 as I've put 9000 km in the 6 weeks I've had the car and wanted something inexpensive to wear down during daily driving. Got them from a shop in Toronto for $135 each installed. They have 320 tread wear and have performed excellently.
I was caught in a huge downpour and had no issues, obviously not the traction levels of the Nitto 555r that were on, but adequate for normal use.

I couldn't give a **** about what other owners may think about putting Chinese tires on a vette. I've seen so many garage queen c5s with overly tire-shined 10 year old rubber that are closer to hockey pucks in compound at this point. I will almost certainly wear them out by next summer and don't ever want to second guess taking the vette on a long trip for fear of wearing down expensive rubber.
The following users liked this post:
OhioDave (10-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To kinforest Tires

Quick Reply: kinforest Tires