Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

how too get drives seat too go back ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Al B
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how too get drives seat too go back ?

Only driver

On the 84 power seat control is in center console that looks like a cup holder. Yesterday granddaughter thought it was a cup holder forcing her soda cup into that area .
Drivers seat moved forward. Would not go back
Discovered this issue years ago but since I am only driver completely forgot about it . Goes forward but does not return
Last time this happened brought my Vette too a shop I was using . Tech knew exactly what too do but I don't remember what he did ,
Have not used shop in years learned too do most of my own work
I think he lifted drivers seat base, access too motor. Motor is good cause he jumped it and it went in reverse.
Since I am only driver I completely forgot about fixing .
Last evening tried lifting seat base but will not come up easily and don't want too cause damage since everything on that car is old & brittle
any clips holding base too frame ?
What wire color is reverse ?

thanks as usual
Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

I mean this in the nicest way possible. Your use of the adverb "too" where the preposition "to" is clearly required makes your post TOO damn hard TO read.

http://grammarist.com/usage/to-too/

Good luck though!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield
I mean this in the nicest way possible. Your use of the adverb "too" where the preposition "to" is clearly required makes your post TOO damn hard TO read.

Good luck though!
^^. thnx. do u keep a red pen in your front pocket?

OP, very cool u had the grand daughter i the car. She enjoy it?

I am not familiar with which wire does what yet, but one thing i have read is to spray electrical contact cleaner in the switch in the console. u may want to bunch up some paper towel underneath it.

this is a substandard method to removing the switch for the cleaning but ive read it can work!

Last edited by VikingTrad3r; 04-17-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
^^. thnx. do u keep a red pen in your front pocket?
It is a curse. Journalism degree. I can handle some typos, but I have several folks on my ignore list who screw up "then" and "than" consistently.

There is logic here. Would you take advice from a doctor who didn't know then from than?

No red pen. It's TOO hard TO clean off the computer monitor. I remove the offending party.

Last edited by Renfield; 04-20-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

I believe to "jumper" as the shop did previously you only need to remove the bottom cushion. This snapshot and the thread should familiarize you well enough to accomplish the access to motors etc.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1574618699

There are several instructional from most of the vendors that accomplish the same but this read should help!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:32 AM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It is a curse. Journalism degree. I can handle some typos, but I have several folks on my ignore list who screw up "then" and "than" consistently.

There is logic here. Would you take advice from a doctor who didn't know then from than?

No red pen. I remove the offending party.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Bagpype
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck though!
Sorry guys but I agree with Renfield here. Reading is difficult when poor grammar is used.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bagpype
Sorry guys but I agree with Renfield here. Reading is difficult when poor grammar is used.
You need not apologize for having paid attention in grade school. Those who didn't would like to take you down for their ignorance. Doesn't work that way though.

I take the native language of the United States of America as seriously as my citizenship and my constitutional rights. Trample any at your own peril.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 AM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

I didn't find the OP's post too objectionable. It was easy to figure out what he was asking. The problem I have is when posters use texting shorthand that may have a regional or "cliqueish" dialect and expect you to be able to translate.

Last edited by RIC96; 04-21-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:16 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJoelieC
Spellpecker
Old 04-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Spellpecker
Not spelling, antfarmer. Grammar. Jolie was right. The OP didn't misspell TO or TOO But he clearly doesn't understand the correct usage.

I've sent several forum members to the virtual gas chamber for their ignorance of english grammar.

It's pretty simple. If they can't handle basic grammar, I'm not interested in their opinions about my C4.

In your case, the spelling errors and incomplete sentences are more like deciphering ancient hieroglyphs. I enjoy the challenge.

Get notified of new replies

To how too get drives seat too go back ?

Quick Reply: how too get drives seat too go back ?