C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at an '11 GS, few ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Cogf16
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at an '11 GS, few ???'s

The car has white "hashmarks" on torch red and red roof panels.
-Stupid question. Are the hashmarks painted and how difficult would it be to paint them TR?
-I had an '85 red coupe with the "black, see through" roof panel. Much prefer that look, I think it breaks up the red nicely. Are these roof panels available to buy?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

C6 Targa tops come in solid or transparent.
Solid can easily be painted, many do to get a contrast.
Either kind is available.

As for fender stripes.
IF they're vinyl a hair dryer & patience is all it'd take.
Buy new stripes, install.
IF they're painted, I'd talk w/ a good body shop.

Last edited by Landru; 04-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:35 PM
JEH03Vette
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Cogf16
The car has white "hashmarks" on torch red and red roof panels.
-Stupid question. Are the hashmarks painted and how difficult would it be to paint them TR?
-I had an '85 red coupe with the "black, see through" roof panel. Much prefer that look, I think it breaks up the red nicely. Are these roof panels available to buy?

Thanks
The hashmarks are decals and can be removed. New lexan roof panels can go anywhere from $1000 and up, or you can keep an eye out on this forum under C6 parts for sale, craigslist or ebay and score a used one.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:48 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by JEH03Vette
The hashmarks are decals and can be removed. New lexan roof panels can go anywhere from $1000 and up, or you can keep an eye out on this forum under C6 parts for sale, craigslist or ebay and score a used one.
Good advice!

Old 04-19-2017, 04:51 PM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

As the poster above mentioned, the hash strips are a $400 decal. Yup, that's what Chevy charges. One thing you may have to keep in mind is when removing, hopefully the paint won't be a different color than the car. I guess it would depend on where the car is located, and how it was kept. Being red, you may see a difference.

I have a white GS with red hashmarks & was considering removing them, at least with white any difference would be less noticeable.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:24 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I like my hash marks. My only advice is to swap the white ones for black.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 150 Posts

I don't have any hash marks on my Torch Red 2010 GS Coupe. That's the way I like it.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:20 AM
z06Don
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Has marks are a personal taste. Some love them....some are ambivalent...some hate them. I fall on the latter....When I was looking for my GS I would not even consider the car if it had them....but that is just my taste. I also was not interested in the lexan roof.....I was lucky to find the perfect Torch Red for me....
Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by z06Don
Has marks are a personal taste. Some love them....some are ambivalent...some hate them. I fall on the latter....When I was looking for my GS I would not even consider the car if it had them....but that is just my taste. I also was not interested in the lexan roof.....I was lucky to find the perfect Torch Red for me....
Z06Don, I am of the same opinion as you. When I was looking for my GS it had to have no hash marks, no lexan roof and no 4LT option package. The GS had to be an A6, 3LT, navigation, NPP and factory chrome rims. I also was lucky to find the perfect car for me. Everyone has their own tastes which makes the Corvette community interesting.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't mind the hashmarks but prefer none. Also, transparent roof was a must. So I shopped around... in Dallas there are enough for sale if you're patient and I found one with the setup I prefer.

I think stickers on a car looks..... teenager-ish. But this is 100% personal opinion and understand why others really like their decals. And unlike some mustangs, the decals on the GS are very tastefully done.

Lastly... white decals on torch red?? That doesn't sound very good :/ I'd keep looking or consider removing/changing.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
I don't mind the hashmarks but prefer none. Also, transparent roof was a must. So I shopped around... in Dallas there are enough for sale if you're patient and I found one with the setup I prefer.

I think stickers on a car looks..... teenager-ish. But this is 100% personal opinion and understand why others really like their decals. And unlike some mustangs, the decals on the GS are very tastefully done.

Lastly... white decals on torch red?? That doesn't sound very good :/ I'd keep looking or consider removing/changing.

I agree with the sticker comment, except I do prefer the hash marks on my GS. Previous owner went Jake theme and sticker crazy on my car. I've been slowly removing all the decals from my car. Haven't taken any recent pictures but I got the last Jake ones off this past weekend. I refuse to share the pictures of when it had Corvette stickers across the top of the windshield and on the side under the doors and a few more I care not mention. And I bought the car from the original owner who was in his 50's.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM
JEH03Vette
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I agree with the sticker comment, except I do prefer the hash marks on my GS. Previous owner went Jake theme and sticker crazy on my car. I've been slowly removing all the decals from my car. Haven't taken any recent pictures but I got the last Jake ones off this past weekend. I refuse to share the pictures of when it had Corvette stickers across the top of the windshield and on the side under the doors and a few more I care not mention. And I bought the car from the original owner who was in his 50's.
I'm hit or miss on hash marks. My cyber grey GS does not have them and I actually like the clean look of it, but those black stripes on your torch red GS look great.
The following users liked this post:
TorchRedFred (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Gotta-Qik-C7
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

My V ellow GS has the Heritage Package but NOT the hash marks. I'm assuming the first owner didn't spec them even though I'm sure they were standard with the HP.....

Last edited by Gotta-Qik-C7; 04-20-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
GSJeff
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My '10 GS Cyber Gray does not have hash marks yet. I personally like them as it relates to the racing heritage of the GS. I had some custom stripes made from Vette Stripes, just want my car buffed and polished before I apply them. As always, to each their own!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 PM
tomray
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hash Marks ? ......I don't dislike them, but I prefer not to have them on my '10 GS Magnetic Tint Coat Coupe.............

Don't get me wrong! I think they're great for a track car, but that's not what I do.............

My GS is a LT1 ............and that's just the way I wanted it!

Tom

Last edited by tomray; 04-25-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The hash marks are stick on.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:36 PM
jshot00
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JEH03Vette
I'm hit or miss on hash marks. My cyber grey GS does not have them and I actually like the clean look of it, but those black stripes on your torch red GS look great.
My Cyber gray has red and i love them!! to each his own
Old 04-26-2017, 02:57 PM
BROCKYJACK
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee

Hey man.....I like mine and think they look great. I would have chose silver to match the calipers if I had a choice but they were on it when I bought it.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Looking at an '11 GS, few ???'s

Quick Reply: Looking at an '11 GS, few ???'s