Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm I right?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 PM
DTA4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm I right?

So I know I feel several months ago i read a thread about what waxes too use best for black vette. Its that time to do my black 03z, I'm I right that the best results were from the zaino? I remember reading about Chadwicks as well but pretty sure zaino was the most popular.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Chadwick's
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,188 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

There are a number of very good waxes/polishes out there that you can choose from and you'll get a variety of opinions here on the forum. Everyone has their favorites. Spend some time in the Car Care section, look at the comments, and then you may just have to narrow your choices down and try them to see which one does the best for you.
The following users liked this post:
doublenut9 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 10:43 PM
chris308
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

When I bought my black vert i used Adam's stuff exclusively, now I just use Chadwicks...
Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,035 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
There are a number of very good waxes/polishes out there that you can choose from and you'll get a variety of opinions here on the forum. Everyone has their favorites. Spend some time in the Car Care section, look at the comments, and then you may just have to narrow your choices down and try them to see which one does the best for you.
Contact Autogeek and ask their advice. I can tell you that I use mostly Griots products as well as Meguires and even RejeX but there are so many great choices. Zaino seems to be a favorite here. Chadwicks is another favorite lately but I have never tried it and if I do I will clean my cars paint first.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,214 Likes on 533 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I've got a triple black '99 and I literally just tried chadwicks triple play (with paint correction package) TONIGHT!!! I did half the hood and front bumper, to try it. So far, pretty pleased!

The following 5 users liked this post by BAT:
doublenut9 (04-23-2017), friou (04-21-2017), Pounder (04-21-2017), Rico7142 (04-24-2017), SG Lou (04-21-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 PM
DTA4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need a buffer do it?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 AM
calguy
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
I've got a triple black '99 and I literally just tried chadwicks triple play (with paint correction package) TONIGHT!!! I did half the hood and front bumper, to try it. So far, pretty pleased!

I have often wondered why people have such a love affair with those high priced detailing products.
Taking the fourth picture down from the top, I will use that one to compare with my pickup right front fender.

I used plumber's putty as my clay bar, and followed up with good old( inexpensive) turtle wax in the green can.
The results are every bit as good, if not better than what you get with those designer, expensive detailing products.

Could never understand the logic behind using those products, when one can get the same results, while saving some bucks along the way.

Bob.
Attached Images  

Last edited by calguy; 04-21-2017 at 01:58 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by calguy:
jbelant (04-24-2017), Rico7142 (04-24-2017), WetteVette (04-24-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 07:38 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,214 Likes on 533 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
I have often wondered why people have such a love affair with those high priced detailing products.
Taking the fourth picture down from the top, I will use that one to compare with my pickup right front fender.

I used plumber's putty as my clay bar, and followed up with good old( inexpensive) turtle wax in the green can.
The results are every bit as good, if not better than what you get with those designer, expensive detailing products.

Could never understand the logic behind using those products, when one can get the same results, while saving some bucks along the way.

Bob.
My only reason is so people like you can question why I chose a particular product, to use for my my own personal needs. I'm not sure why what someone else does should be concern of yours, or any one else's for that matter. Good for you that you decided to use plumbers putty and a paste wax out of a can. Good to see you had good results and you're happy with them too. I decided not to use traditional (and unconventional materials) for my needs. I've traveled down that road before with the old wax on, wax off, all day long, blah blah blah. I was never able to get the results I've wanted. Hell, I've even used my old Dewalt buffer and various pads with other waxes, cleaners, polishes, etc. I asked around the various forums about what people use, for the best results to correct paint blemishes and get that deep shine. Oddly enough, not one person mentioned plumbers putty and/or paste wax from a can. Maybe after these products are gone, I will reach out to you as to what I should use next.
PS... do you have any suggestions on alternative methods for gas? Premium is far too expensive and I'm sure there's something else that will give just as good results without paying that crazy high price.
Pounder (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Daypoblue
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

I enjoyed reading this one... Well said

Last edited by Daypoblue; 04-21-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Omaha Flash
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Bob.
Bob, I have to agree with you for the most part. The thing is, what a person uses to achieve the results he wants is his choice be it expensive or not. I don't use the designer products on my black convertible and in my opinion it looks good. As for the comparison of low priced/low grade fuel, I've ran 87 octane in my car just to see how it performs and I honestly couldn't tell the difference from the super premium grade Shell that I typically use. So, as usual it pretty much boils down to personal choice, how much you want to spend, and the results you get. It's all good if you enjoy it.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:56 AM
BRAVO1
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

I use Chadwick's....to each his own.

Love the results...deep shine

Jim
Old 04-21-2017, 09:34 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob.
The real test is after your done with your method is to use Chadwick's Paint Correction and see if it improves more ??? Neil has been detailing cars his whole life and not just ordinary cars but very high end expensive cars. I will continue to use the best product I have EVER used !!!!
doublenut9 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 02:34 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pounder
The real test is after your done with your method is to use Chadwick's Paint Correction and see if it improves more ??? Neil has been detailing cars his whole life and not just ordinary cars but very high end expensive cars. I will continue to use the best product I have EVER used !!!!

I don't see how another product could possibly improve on the finished results on my pickup truck.

It is about as deep as one can get.
It is as clear as if it were a mirror image.

Any way, to each his/her own.
I stick with what I know gives me the best results.
For a vehicle that is 15 years old, with original paint, the results speak for themselves.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 04-21-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't see how another product could possibly improve on the finished results on my pickup truck.

It is about as deep as one can get.
It is as clear as if it were a mirror image.

Any way, to each his/her own.
I stick with what I know gives me the best results.
For a vehicle that is 15 years old, with original paint, the results speak for themselves.

Bob.
as you should, but to say we are nuts to use what we like is wrong !!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:41 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pounder
as you should, but to say we are nuts to use what we like is wrong !!!!

I am not saying what you use is wrong, just foolish, if you get the same results with a less expensive product.
Just because something cost more, does not guarantee it is better than a less expensive product.

Bob.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:57 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

I used plumber's putty as my clay bar.

Bob.
Plumbers Putty ? That linseed oil based stuff ?
This is a first for me

Get notified of new replies

To I'm I right?

Old 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by SG Lou
Plumbers Putty ? That linseed oil based stuff ?
This is a first for me
Well we learn something new every day.
For those skeptics, here are more results(this time on my Vette) showing that expensive detail products are not necessary.

Same products and methods I used on my pickup.
No buffing machine, just good ole hand rubbing.

Bob.
Attached Images      
Old 04-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

most of us bought a used vette,with swirl marks and scratches !!! no clay bar and wax will remove those imperfections. Chadwick's Paint Correction is guaranteed not to hurt the finish, and once I had finished I just use CTP to clean, shine and protect my cars. I use it on everything, with better results than anything I have used, One bottle of CTP and one of the tire shine is all I need for everything !!! I am SO FOOLISH !!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Bob.
I use Zaino. It's more expensive but it will last 3-4x longer than your archaic paste wax. That's the logic. I don't have time to wax my car every week or two so I choose a product that requires less maintenance. It also doesn't leave behind the white residue in all the cracks and crevices. It is also easier to apply and remove than a paste wax.

That said, good for you. You choose to use an archaic product that works. There's nothing wrong with that; however, some of us have chosen to use newer, and better, products. You may not think what we use is worth it but that's your opinion. It doesn't make you any more right or wrong than the next person.

I have used Liquid Glass, Turtle Wax Paste in the green can, Zymol, and various Meguire's products. I have stuck with Zaino for over 15 years now because IMO it lasts the longest out of any of the aforementioned products and is much easier to apply/remove.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm I right?