C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Stickers on Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Dealership Stickers on Vettes

Stopped @ Sands Chevrolet, Surprise, AZ yesterday to look at several vintage cars on their showroom floor and was greeted by a hoard of salesmen (of course). Pretty nice collection.

I also looked at ~15 new corvettes for sale (not buying). Each one of them has the dealership sticker affixed to the L. rear portion of the car.

I commented to one passing salesman and his reply was very simple, "Oh, we can take it off without much problem."

Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

I used to do Valet years back, and it's amazing how many people leave the dealer plates/badges/decals on their cars. They look tacky and I sure wouldn't leave them on unless they were paying me to advertise for them!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohshift
I used to do Valet years back, and it's amazing how many people leave the dealer plates/badges/decals on their cars. They look tacky and I sure wouldn't leave them on unless they were paying me to advertise for them!
Same comment, and add in the dealership website license plate frame. I've seen way too many cars with dealership decals AND dealership license plate frames rolling around town, looking extra tacky, and advertising the dealership for free......
Old 04-21-2017, 04:11 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I always tell the dealership the sale is conditional on no stickers on my car. Some dealerships only put a license plate holder with their name on it, I can deal with that but I can't stand when they put dealership stickers on the car. So many people just blindly accept it and then spend the next ten years driving around with it stuck to their car. I can't figure out how they are not bothered by this. If more people complained about it, dealerships would probably stop the practice of putting them on. I always change the license plate frame anyway, so i only keep the dealer one as a temp.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 04-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Spasetrucker (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Local dealer had one of those on every C6 I bought from him, but he took them off when I asked him to.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:32 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

That would be the first thing I would remove, or have the dealer remove if I bought the car.
When I picked up my C6, the dealer had a dealer plate frame, with the temporary plate that they got for me to drive the car back home, 1250 miles away. They did not have a dealer sticker on the car however.
If they want to give me a dealer sticker, I'll paste it my toolbox, but never on any car.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:36 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

do any of you guys remember back when they used Die Cast Zinc dealer labels on the trunk lid and they drilled 2 holes to install it?
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 PM
KyJim
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I always tell the dealership the sale is conditional on no stickers on my car. Some dealerships only put a license plate holder with their name on it, I can deal with that but I can't stand when they put dealership stickers on the car. So many people just blindly accept it and then spend the next ten years driving around with it stuck to their car. I can't figure out how they are not bothered by this. If more people complained about it, dealerships would probably stop the practice of putting them on. I always change the license plate frame anyway, so i only keep the dealer one as a temp.
I'm the same way. I remember when they drilled holes for their dealer name with the chrome plastic badges. I would refuse to buy the car with those.
I think a lot of people just don't care about the badges as a lot of people don't wash their cars very often.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:41 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
do any of you guys remember back when they used Die Cast Zinc dealer labels on the trunk lid and they drilled 2 holes to install it?
I had a 2000 Camaro Z28 that I bought new and the dealer would not let me leave in the car until they had installed the front license plate bracket. Two big, nasty holes in my front fascia.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:53 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
I had a 2000 Camaro Z28 that I bought new and the dealer would not let me leave in the car until they had installed the front license plate bracket. Two big, nasty holes in my front fascia.

Never had this happen to me, but have heard about it happening to others. In some states dealerships were required to install the front license plate before delivery, still they should of been able to come up with a more temporary solution.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 PM
EBuckC6
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About 4 years ago, F N dealers took my license plate cover off I bought and replaced it with theirs. Didnt notice it until 4 days later. Needless to say I was livid. Went up there and of course they "threw" it away already. Broke theirs and dropped it on their showroom floor and have never been back. Not a tough guy, I was just pissed
Old 04-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

I ordered my car. Told the dealer 'no stickers and no machine washing'. They did what I wanted.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 PM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

First thing to go from my cars if they have them
Old 04-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

The metal or plastic badges that some dealers use are way worse then the stickers though.

Originally Posted by RagTop69
Never had this happen to me, but have heard about it happening to others. In some states dealerships were required to install the front license plate before delivery, still they should of been able to come up with a more temporary solution.
I asked the dealer NOT to put the front plate holder on. They didn't do it but I was an Out of state purchase. So I received temp tag anyways which only goes on the back.

Last edited by Grimlock13; 04-22-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 AM
hotmotorsports
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a few car dealerships putting their name and/or website in vinyl letters about 1 1/2 inches high that are on the top part of the rear window. (not corvettes) Other car dealers are noticing it and now there are quite a few cars running around with that! I don't get it!

What about the "Buy Here, Pay Here" decals with that dealer's name on it? I really would not be proud of displaying I had to get "special credit" to buy that car!

Last edited by hotmotorsports; 04-22-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Yep.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Don't forget some of those dealer plate holders can be illegal in some states if they cover too much of the license plate edge. If you get pulled over by a sticky cop you can get a fine. And yes, I don't like stinking badges either.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership Stickers on Vettes

Old 04-22-2017, 05:12 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Bought my first Vette from a used car dealer in Pa who specializes in Vettes....he knows his cars and his buyers....no stickers, etc.! Bought my 2nd Vette brand new from Kerbeck in Jersey and took delivery at the Museum.....expensive way to avoid the stickers My current 12 GS was bought used from Criswell in Maryland.....they too know what Vette people expect.....no stickers, just a plastic plate frame for the temp tag. They assume you will replace that immediately.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:40 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock13

I asked the dealer NOT to put the front plate holder on. They didn't do it but I was an Out of state purchase. So I received temp tag anyways which only goes on the back.
My Camaro was purchased in the People's Republic of California and the dealer maintained that he was required by law to install a front license plate holder. I told him no, but my wife picked the car up while I was at a car show with my '69 Mustang and when I got home, there was the license plate bracket.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by CadVette
Don't forget some of those dealer plate holders can be illegal in some states if they cover too much of the license plate edge. If you get pulled over by a sticky cop you can get a fine. And yes, I don't like stinking badges either.

4503.21 Display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker.

(A) No person who is the owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to display in plain view on the front and rear of the motor vehicle the distinctive number and registration mark, including any county identification sticker and any validation sticker * * * (emphases added)

Quick Reply: Dealership Stickers on Vettes