Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Got screwed ( beware) wade isom

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:52 AM
dustin zosky
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Got screwed ( beware) wade isom

I have purchased a black convertable top and frame in very nice condition off of wade Isom Bigtank63z06@yahoo.com, I don't know if anyone knows of him or knows him, but told me that he was going to have a guy meat me at Carlisle yesterday, never showed up, have nine trying to contact him through email but will not answer them. I payed him through PayPal Freinds and family. I tryed to open a case on him through PayPal but they say since I payed through Freinds they tell me I can't!!! Wade told me he lives in Florida. If anyone knows him, I would please like my money back or the top. 700.00 thanks Dustin zosky just venting!!!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dustin zosky
I have purchased a black convertable top and frame in very nice condition off of wade Isom Bigtank63z06@yahoo.com, I don't know if anyone knows of him or knows him, but told me that he was going to have a guy meat me at Carlisle yesterday, never showed up, have nine trying to contact him through email but will not answer them. I payed him through PayPal Freinds and family. I tryed to open a case on him through PayPal but they say since I payed through Freinds they tell me I can't!!! Wade told me he lives in Florida. If anyone knows him, I would please like my money back or the top. 700.00 thanks Dustin zosky just venting!!!
I feel sorry for you Dustin !!! Wade is bad news in the corvette parts and business. Yes he lives in the Jacksonville, Florida area And he has screwed a lot of people out of money and parts. I might know some one who has his cell phone number let me see what I can find out!!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:02 AM
dustin zosky
Instructor

I would greatly appreciate it
Old 04-23-2017, 09:11 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

I would personally hunt him down like a mad dog over $700. Someone must know how to find him. Scum of the earth !
Old 04-23-2017, 09:24 AM
raydog9379
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

For future purchases and whatnot no matter who (outside of buying from a company using a credit card)... cash on delivery. Both as a buyer and seller. It's not easy to grab a wad of cash, nor does it feel comfortable carrying it. However, both sides are somewhat protected that way outside of being robbed.

Most of us are nice guys (99% probably) and wanted to be treated like it. However, there are losers out there that screw things up for the rest of us. They write junk checks, they give out bogus Money Orders, junk cashiers checks, etc.. Others take your money and never show.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:43 AM
avalonjohn
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

How did you come about making the deal? I hope it was not here on the Forum.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:59 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Wade hangs out in the C 2 section of the forum and he's on EBay under Big Tanker Z06 if I recall correctly! I have met him personally at several swap meets mostly the NCRS meets in Florida. He is a snake in he grass !! If he can screw you he will!! I tell everyone I know that tells me they are buying something from him to stay away or do the transaction in person!!!
Old 04-23-2017, 10:47 AM
dprinter1
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Someone should post his complete address.

There are people who would show him what "Good Time" is really like
Old 04-23-2017, 11:03 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Well I just sent Dustin an email with some info

He actually lives in Tavares Fl. Now its up to Dustin to get the police involved!! That's theft plain and simple!!!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:36 PM
69L46
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by raydog9379
For future purchases and whatnot no matter who (outside of buying from a company using a credit card)... cash on delivery. Both as a buyer and seller. It's not easy to grab a wad of cash, nor does it feel comfortable carrying it. However, both sides are somewhat protected that way outside of being robbed.

Most of us are nice guys (99% probably) and wanted to be treated like it. However, there are losers out there that screw things up for the rest of us. They write junk checks, they give out bogus Money Orders, junk cashiers checks, etc.. Others take your money and never show.
Always preferable, and if using Paypal link it to your CC, not your back account. You then have the option of initiating a dispute versus simply being out of cash from your pocket.

Last edited by 69L46; 04-23-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:39 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 69L46
Always preferable, and if using Paypal link it to your CC, not your back account.

will a CC company protect you even if you pay "friends & family"?
Old 04-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 69L46
Always preferable, and if using Paypal link it to your CC, not your back account. You then have the option of initiating a dispute versus simply being out of cash from your pocket.
Oh man, so true! Good advise!

Why did you pay with Friends and family?
You need to get a complaint form from the attorney general's office and file a complaint against Wade Isom, this is theft by deception.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redvetracr
will a CC company protect you even if you pay "friends & family"?
If you can show that the Fraud was designed with A safety for the defendant, the inability of you to retract payment when F & F is used.

Last edited by Z06LMB; 04-23-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

A message to everyone here.

If you feel you must save a buck and buy what you expect to be good, defect free car parts (and services) through private individuals or very small start-up businesses then you must be diligent. Take a day checking with forums and the State Attorney General's office website (both where the business is opporating from and your state) and ask for information about the person AND the business name.
Always use a credit card. In this day and age there is no reason anybody or business with credibility can't accept a credit card using a smart phone.

If due diligence is too much work for you, I strongly recommend sticking with those that withstood the test of time and value your satisfaction like Wilcox, Paragon and CC to name a few.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Wade Isom is a f'ing crook and lives in Jacksonville Fl. Had my run in with this ******* in 2005 when he screwed me on some work on my 65. Almost had to resort to cutting the lock on his so called business to get my car back.

Sorry you got hooked up thins *******, ALL people beware of this guy.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Below is from a C1 owner who PM me in 2007

Hello,

I just read about your problems in JAX getting your car from a shop. I am having the same problem and am going there this week to try to retrieve my car as well. It has been quite an ordeal and has been dragging on for several months. I don't live in JAX either and have been having some of the same problems that you have with reaching this person and getting the straight story on my car. I recently found out that I have been lied to for months as to what work has been done and that my beautiful car has been sitting out in the weather rotting.

I'm happy that you got your car and was hoping that you could tell me how you were able to get it easily. It sounds like we are dealing with the same person, Wade, if so please contact me with some advice as to how to handle getting my car from him.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Robert
Old 04-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Hammerhead Fred
Melting Slicks

Received 264 Likes on 225 Posts

contact info

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ack-black.html

Get notified of new replies

To Got screwed ( beware) wade isom

Old 04-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Hi Dustin,

I'm really sorry to hear about your problem, especially with a 10 year member here on the forum. These kinds of actions from forum members hurt us all in the community. Keep your head held high and stay focused because all's not lost. If he won't resolve the problem by either delivering on your top or issuing a refund, and he refuses to communicate with you, your only recourse to recoup your money will be to sue him in small claims court. Courts don't care how you paid, as long as you have proof that you gave the money to him and that he received it. Period. The more comprehensive paper trail you have in your dealings with him, the easier it will be to reclaim your money. It will take time, but it can and should be done.

I wish you the best of luck going forward. I hope you are are able to resolve this sooner than later.

Dave
Old 04-23-2017, 05:19 PM
dustin zosky
Instructor

Thanks all for you're replys but I think I would spend more money on a lawyer than it's worth! Some one needs to pay him a very nice visit ( old school ) way!!!!
Old 04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dustin zosky
Thanks all for you're replys but I think I would spend more money on a lawyer than it's worth! Some one needs to pay him a very nice visit ( old school ) way!!!!
I wish I still lived in JAX, I would like nothing more than to go climb up his *** on your behalf.