C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 ZR1 Spoiler part #

Old 04-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Nate_M
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default C6 ZR1 Spoiler part #

So, I'm looking to put a ZR1 spoiler on my 08 base. I've read a lot of posts about the ZR1 spoiler and it seems almost unanomous that the only ones that don't have mixed reviews are the GM OEM genuine ZR1 spoilers.

The problem is I've seen two part numbers and don't know the difference between them. Can someone help?

19256906 vs. 19180369

Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

The only difference that I can see that would justify the price difference is one being carbon fiber and the other abs plastic. Then again, $608 for a carbon fiber spoiler from GM seems cheap too.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:49 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Same part. The 19180369 number appears to be replaced by 19256906.

They're paint to match at any rate now, they used to be available body colored years ago.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-19180369.html

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...wd=&origin=pla
Old 04-27-2017, 08:15 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Originally Posted by jft69z
Same part. The 19180369 number appears to be replaced by 19256906.

They're paint to match at any rate now, they used to be available body colored years ago.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-19180369.html

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...wd=&origin=pla
Thanks jft! Do you know if they usually come with the light already installed or do I have to order that separately? Also, I assume I have to order the nuts separate?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The spoiler comes without the center brake light assembly. You will need to remove the light from your original spoiler and re-install it into the ZR1 spoiler (easy).

I may be wrong, but I think the OEM ZR1 spoiler does not come with the installation nuts. You may have to buy them separately.

BTW ... You are going to need to drill some holes in the top of your rear fascia (bumper) in order to install the new ZR1 spoiler.
The following users liked this post:
Nate_M (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
The spoiler comes without the center brake light assembly. You will need to remove the light from your original spoiler and re-install it into the ZR1 spoiler (easy).

I may be wrong, but I think the OEM ZR1 spoiler does not come with the installation nuts. You may have to buy them separately.

BTW ... You are going to need to drill some holes in the top of your rear fascia (bumper) in order to install the new ZR1 spoiler.
THanks Turbo! I was wondering if I could reuse my stock light. And not too surprised about needing to purchase the nuts seperately.

As for the drilling, I've watched the videos and it seems pretty straight forward. Obviously I'm nervious, but from all the reading I've done this is the best option if you want it done right the first time.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:24 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nate_M
Also, I assume I have to order the nuts separate?

Turbo is correct, you can re-use your brake light & the nuts need to be ordered separately.

You can try part number 11508388 and that may be replaced by 25601643. Search around and they're around 3-4 dollars online. Local GM dealer or Rock Auto even has them. (Amazon is crazy money it seems when I looked.)
Nate_M (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Turbo is correct, you can re-use your brake light & the nuts need to be ordered separately.

You can try part number 11508388 and that may be replaced by 25601643. Search around and they're around 3-4 dollars online. Local GM dealer or Rock Auto even has them. (Amazon is crazy money it seems when I looked.)
Great. I'll double check, but it looks like it's just a M6-1.0 hex head nut with a flange. I can get 25 stainless steel with serrations to prevent backing out from Amazon for about $7 haha.

Last edited by Nate_M; 04-27-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

My RPI painted oem GM ZR1 spoiler came with hardware.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Originally Posted by Curt D
My RPI painted oem GM ZR1 spoiler came with hardware.
Good to know Curt. I've seen mixed reviews on the RPI. Seems like some have no problems yet others I've seen recently have dimpling, etc.

Do you have any additional picture of the car with the spoiler installed? You have a Crystal Red just like mine and I'm really anxious to see how it would look before I pull the trigger.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:00 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Great. I'll double check, but it looks like it's just a M6-1.0 hex head nut with a flange. I can get 25 stainless steel with serrations to prevent backing out from Amazon for about $7 haha.
Just watch when you're tightening them down. Observe the rear fascia and see that it's not sucking it down too much . On a couple of the spoiler studs, I seem to remember there are sometimes shims/washers so that it will sit flush. You'll know what I mean if you look from the side to see if it's wavy after tightening.

Oh, and in regards to RPI....my experience with them was less than bad. Choose wisely.
Nate_M (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Good to know Curt. I've seen mixed reviews on the RPI. Seems like some have no problems yet others I've seen recently have dimpling, etc.

Do you have any additional picture of the car with the spoiler installed? You have a Crystal Red just like mine and I'm really anxious to see how it would look before I pull the trigger.
My guess is the dimples are on the cheap ones or ppl are tightening the spoiler too much. I literally tightened the nuts just holding a deepwell socket in my hand.

The car is dirty. It has been sitting in the garage since Saturday night.
For the top view I was holding an LED light so you could get an idea of the color. Now...being VERY picky...the paint lacks a little depth that the stock paint has. It is not noticeable unless you are out of your mind like me
Attached Images    
Nate_M (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Originally Posted by Curt D
My guess is the dimples are on the cheap ones or ppl are tightening the spoiler too much. I literally tightened the nuts just holding a deepwell socket in my hand.

The car is dirty. It has been sitting in the garage since Saturday night.
For the top view I was holding an LED light so you could get an idea of the color. Now...being VERY picky...the paint lacks a little depth that the stock paint has. It is not noticeable unless you are out of your mind like me
Thanks a ton! I feel better that I'm making the right decision. I'm just looking for the little extra to make it the visuals pop on the rear end. I'm having mine painted locally so they can do a color match scan on the rear facia. I have a guy that has done work on GM shimmer paints before and he's amazing with matching. I'm going to pay not an insignificant amount more money for it, but I'm insanely picky about that kind of stuff. Finger crossed all goes well. Really appreciate you taking the time to take a few extra snap shots!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Nate_M
Racer

Just watch when you're tightening them down. Observe the rear fascia and see that it's not sucking it down too much . On a couple of the spoiler studs, I seem to remember there are sometimes shims/washers so that it will sit flush. You'll know what I mean if you look from the side to see if it's wavy after tightening.

Oh, and in regards to RPI....my experience with them was less than bad. Choose wisely.
Thanks for the heads up on the tightening. I figure I don't need to get stupid snug with it. Between the anti-backout flanges and a little blue locktight, I'm not too worried about the bolts coming undone, so super tight shouldn't be necessary.

And yes, I've seen some good, some...needs improvement, stories with a few of the aftermarket ZR1 spoiler vendors. The only one which doesn't have negative reviews are the OEM ones who color match locally. I know I'm paying double the price, but I'm not about to drop $400 on something I reget when I could have something I LOVE for less than a grand. I don't get to enjoy the car as much as I want, so when I'm in it I only want to be focused on having a good time, not being distracted by my neurotic obsession for perfection on my less than satisfactory spoiler. For the extra $, it's just not worth the risk. I know not everybody has the luxury, or crazyness, so I get why they go the route they do. I've simply learned how to make due without unless I can do it the way I want it done haha.

Last edited by Nate_M; 04-27-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:18 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts

Free shipping over $75

ZR1 STYLE REAR FULL WIDTH STEPPED SPOILER (PAINT-TO-MATCH) - GM (19256906)

R/END SPOILER INSTALL NUT - GM (25601643)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

It always amazes me how the GM / ZR1 non-painted spoiler cost about $720 .... But the GM / Full Width (aka: Ron Fellows) painted rear spoiler can be purchased for about $320

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/oe-gm/20921726

Confused !
Old 04-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Nate_M
Racer

Thanks subchev. With a quick google search I've been seeing them for around $600 on some other sites, so I'll probably explore those options first and put the savings toward the paint job
subchev (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Nate_M
Racer

It always amazes me how the GM / ZR1 non-painted spoiler cost about $720 .... But the GM / Full Width (aka: Ron Fellows) painted rear spoiler can be purchased for about $320

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/oe-gm/20921726

Confused !
I KNOW!! Makes me sick. But, to me the difference in the looks is substantial. Still, I'm burned by the difference in price

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ZR1 Spoiler part #

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 ZR1 Spoiler part #