Southern California Southern California

My car is up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default My car is up for sale

I figure I'd let the locals know. Thanks for looking or pointing anyone my way. I'll pay a 2% referral fee to anyone who sends me a purchaser.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ery-clean.html
Old 05-14-2017, 06:01 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Lpe403
I figure I'd let the locals know. Thanks for looking or pointing anyone my way. I'll pay a 2% referral fee to anyone who sends me a purchaser.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ery-clean.html
To be honest, I don't think you can get what you are asking.
Twenty two for a 2000 car is really stretching it.

Obviously you put mucho bucks into it, but as vehicle sales go, you hardly can ever get back what you put into it.

You may find someone who would welcome the mods you have done, but those people are rare indeed.
Most like to do their own mods to what suits them.

Great looking convertible, but I really think if you are serious about selling it, you are going to need to lower the price at least $5000.
I would say, forget the mods, and concentrate on the average price a 2000 Corvette is selling for.
I believe that figure is between $14000, and $17000 for an exceptional, low mileage vehicle.
Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 05-14-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 AM
Axiomiat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by calguy
To be honest, I don't think you can get what you are asking.
Twenty two for a 2000 car is really stretching it.

Obviously you put mucho bucks into it, but as vehicle sales go, you hardly can ever get back what you put into it.

You may find someone who would welcome the mods you have done, but those people are rare indeed.
Most like to do their own mods to what suits them.

Great looking convertible, but I really think if you are serious about selling it, you are going to need to lower the price at least $5000.
I would say, forget the mods, and concentrate on the average price a 2000 Corvette is selling for.
I believe that figure is between $14000, and $17000 for an exceptional, low mileage vehicle.
Bob.
I would have to disagree, I'm reaching 200k on mine and a new block and a trans would cost me $15-20k. So just hopping to a already built c5 might be what I do when my engine dies. you just need to find the right buyer and corvette forum has people who know what they're looking at, over the average craigslist haggler.
The following users liked this post:
Lpe403 (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by Axiomiat
I would have to disagree, I'm reaching 200k on mine and a new block and a trans would cost me $15-20k. So just hopping to a already built c5 might be what I do when my engine dies. you just need to find the right buyer and corvette forum has people who know what they're looking at, over the average craigslist haggler.

Thanks - it's 22K OBO - I'm realistic. And it is a great car - very clean inside and out, and put together and tuned by one of the best in the business. The prior owner spared no expense on the motor. It's a great toy for the right person.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

quite obviously the car is worth a bunch more than a stock, even very low mileage C5, but doggone it, great cars a gen 2 or 3 old are hard to sell with even well done mods like LPE or CMS or Kohl built motors. Now C2s and even C3s are in demand, C4s and next C5s have a few years before they are considered old enough to start reappreciating. Just look at the early 90's ZR1s languishing so cheaply. In 10 years they will double in price, but right now they are simply "old" cars.

Good luck with sale. The car would be perfect for somebody looking for a fun Sunday and car show driver for top down runs around SoCal. The right buyer is out there.

Since I bought the C7Z vert, I have been thinking of selling my pristine C4 Fortieth vert ZF6 383 w/just 40,000 miles on it. But no real bites and every time I drive it, I realize how great a car it is so have been holding off. But at some point the car needs to be owned by someone that drives it weekly rather than my monthly or bimonthly use.

GLWS.

Last edited by pkincy; 05-22-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by pkincy
quite obviously the car is worth a bunch more than a stock, even very low mileage C5, but doggone it, great cars a gen 2 or 3 old are hard to sell with even well done mods like LPE or CMS or Kohl built motors. Now C2s and even C3s are in demand, C4s and next C5s have a few years before they are considered old enough to start reappreciating. Just look at the early 90's ZR1s languishing so cheaply. In 10 years they will double in price, but right now they are simply "old" cars.

Good luck with sale. The car would be perfect for somebody looking for a fun Sunday and car show driver for top down runs around SoCal. The right buyer is out there.

Since I bought the C7Z vert, I have been thinking of selling my pristine C4 Fortieth vert ZF6 383 w/just 40,000 miles on it. But no real bites and every time I drive it, I realize how great a car it is so have been holding off. But at some point the car needs to be owned by someone that drives it weekly rather than my monthly or bimonthly use.

GLWS.

Thanks, and well said. My issues are my wife is scared of the thing and doesn't want to ride in it, and my 13 year old son doesn't really like riding in it either. So I don't take it out much. If I was single it'd be a different story, but with the boy getting ready to finish 7th grade, I don't need a hobby that takes away from time with the family. Once he's done with undergrad, then a two seater will make sense again.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Axiomiat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Lpe403
Thanks, and well said. My issues are my wife is scared of the thing and doesn't want to ride in it, and my 13 year old son doesn't really like riding in it either. So I don't take it out much. If I was single it'd be a different story, but with the boy getting ready to finish 7th grade, I don't need a hobby that takes away from time with the family. Once he's done with undergrad, then a two seater will make sense again.

Would consider a trade plus cash for a well taken care of 98 C5 with 168k? I've restored it quite a bit. That way you can have a corvette, cash and your family won't be afraid of it. It's stock with exhaust. freeway car. shot in the dark haha
Lpe403 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 05:17 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Actually a current C5 owner with an unmodified car maybe would be very interested due to facing high mod costs and then you could get close to stock value on the traded C5.

Could be good for both parties.

I think I may post that idea on my C4 for sale thread.

Last edited by pkincy; 05-22-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Lpe403 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by Axiomiat
Would consider a trade plus cash for a well taken care of 98 C5 with 168k? I've restored it quite a bit. That way you can have a corvette, cash and your family won't be afraid of it. It's stock with exhaust. freeway car. shot in the dark haha
Nice thought, but I want a hotrod with a back seat, and maybe even 4 doors for now. My thought is you should sell your 98 and buy mine. I do appreciate your suggestion. However, I am very realistic and motivated to sell, so you could get a great deal.

Plus, your'e (relatively) local - CMS knows this car well and has taken great care of me. That's a huge bonus and benefit for a local buyer. In fact, I would have never bought a car like without someone like Ryne Cunningham vouching for the car. Knowing that CMS was there if I needed them made my decision pretty easy to buy this monster.

Last edited by Lpe403; 05-22-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by pkincy
Actually a current C5 owner with an unmodified car maybe would be very interested due to facing high mod costs and then you could get close to stock value on the traded C5.

Could be good for both parties.

I think I may post that idea on my C4 for sale thread.
Again, a really good idea, but I just want a hotrod with a back seat or maybe four doors for now. The owner of the unmodified car should sell theirs and buy mine for just a few more scheckels.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Lpe403
Pro

OK - here's an idea - If Pkincy convinces Axiomat to buy my car, Pkincy will get a referral fee and both of you will get lunch.

PS - It's Axiomatic that when you drop the hammer on my car it will thrill the S**# out of you.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Rontime
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

My buddy's kid is looking for a Vette. They live in Alta Loma. I'll pass your info along to them.
Lpe403 (05-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To My car is up for sale

Quick Reply: My car is up for sale