My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 04:11 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06

Hello Forum Community,

After post my last thread about all the issues I have been having with my 2017 Z06 in the Last thread of Link Below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rs-beware.html

I appreciate all the support from the forum members giving advice and to the others who were just straight negative, well thanks !

After my thread was closed the vehicle had given me more issues, starting with the rear inner hatch needed to be repaired and repainted at 1900 miles, my headlight which had water stains inside (first dealer did not warranty as "it is normal") the second dealer did warranty the headlight as it is not normal to have water stains inside. (broke the bumper while they replaced the defective headlight.) Sent the car to body shop to be repaired again (Third Time at the body shop in 3 Months) (First Hood, Second Trunk Liner, now Third Bumper) (Fenders are still Chipping(BOTH))

It has just become a monthly visit I guess... To top it off the seat has a clicking noise which the dealer tech hears and claims is not normal but has no fix to resolve the issue.

Anyways, GM has accepted the buyback of this defective model and I am now awaiting further response on how to handle the situation.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Sorry to hear about you car? Are you going to get another Corvette?
Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Old 05-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Gearbox22
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Thank you for posting your experiences and I am very happy for you that you now have some resolution. I just picked up my new GS from MacMulkin and thanks to posts like yours, I approached my purchase with both eyes open and with the expectation of some issues. I even brought 4 friends with me who were all car guys, so I was sure we didn't miss anything. But it was all good and the dealer was exceptional. I am closing in on getting through my break in period of 500 miles, and so far, no rattles, squeaks, paint flaws, and everything works as expected. Much like all the Porsches I have purchased in the past. Since I was 4 hours and 280 miles away from the dealership and wanted to eventually install xpel, I was concerned on having the dealership do it as it was going to be a royal pain if they installed it over paint flaws. But the sales guy I was working with ensured me that he would personally go over the car before it was going to be installed. And like I had mentioned, the car was perfect. The reason I am saying this is that I hope you haven't soured on the car, as it is truly a wonderful car on so many levels. But I also think the dealership has a lot to do with a good buying experience. Reason I traveled 8 hours back and forth to buy a car. And like you, I have over $90K in my GS and I think it is a bargain. I was looking at the AMG GTS and the Jag F Type R and they have nothing on the Corvette, plus they only came in auto and were twice as much. I think once you get a "Good One", you will be very happy. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:14 AM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Sorry to hear about you car? Are you going to get another Corvette?
Originally Posted by Gearbox22
Thank you for posting your experiences and I am very happy for you that you now have some resolution. I just picked up my new GS from MacMulkin and thanks to posts like yours, I approached my purchase with both eyes open and with the expectation of some issues. I even brought 4 friends with me who were all car guys, so I was sure we didn't miss anything. But it was all good and the dealer was exceptional. I am closing in on getting through my break in period of 500 miles, and so far, no rattles, squeaks, paint flaws, and everything works as expected. Much like all the Porsches I have purchased in the past. Since I was 4 hours and 280 miles away from the dealership and wanted to eventually install xpel, I was concerned on having the dealership do it as it was going to be a royal pain if they installed it over paint flaws. But the sales guy I was working with ensured me that he would personally go over the car before it was going to be installed. And like I had mentioned, the car was perfect. The reason I am saying this is that I hope you haven't soured on the car, as it is truly a wonderful car on so many levels. But I also think the dealership has a lot to do with a good buying experience. Reason I traveled 8 hours back and forth to buy a car. And like you, I have over $90K in my GS and I think it is a bargain. I was looking at the AMG GTS and the Jag F Type R and they have nothing on the Corvette, plus they only came in auto and were twice as much. I think once you get a "Good One", you will be very happy. Good luck.
To be honest, It has been such a horrible experience that I am not sure on what I am going to do after this case is settled. I do love the car and like Gearbox22 said, once you get it a good one, its in the clear. I am sure not every car has problems but ones that do are rare and misfortunate. I will keep my options open.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:21 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I am sorry to hear about your Vette and your dissatisfaction with it.

Generally speaking, I think Vettes are outstanding cars especially for the money. There are many of us on hear that have owned multiple Vettes through out the years. I am on my fifth Vette as my daily driver during the past 20 years. I have driven my Vettes aabout 260,000 miles. And with the exception of the EBCM in my '02 Z06, I have had no issues with my Vettes. Just maintenance items. The quality in all of my Vettes have been very good. With that being said, I also know there are some that are not as fortunate as me.

I will drive a Vette until I am just too damn old to drive one. So hopefully I have another 30 years.

Good luck on your future selection in cars.
The following users liked this post:
snow (05-22-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 11:54 AM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Sorry for your troubles. I'm convinced that once you have even relatively small issues in the grand scheme of things once you take it to a dealer it's a slippery slope. I avoid dealers unless it is a MAJOR issue. Of course major is a relative term for each of us.
ArnoldZO6 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:02 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Congrats on your lending resolution
ArnoldZO6 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Old 05-21-2017, 08:33 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

why don't you let GM put in a 2018,might be better then you think
Old 05-21-2017, 09:12 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

GM bought my 16 stingray back and I turned around the next week and bought a 17 GS. No issues with it so far. Glad it worked out for you and good luck with your next purchase.
ArnoldZO6 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 02:33 AM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
why don't you let GM put in a 2018,might be better then you think
They simply told me that they accept buyback and that is all.
Now if they offering me a kicking deal on another 17 Zo6 for all my inconveniences and troubles I might take it after a long inspection of the vehicle A-Z and long test drive to make sure all is well. But nothing was mentioned to me...
Old 05-22-2017, 02:33 AM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by bjones7131
GM bought my 16 stingray back and I turned around the next week and bought a 17 GS. No issues with it so far. Glad it worked out for you and good luck with your next purchase.
I appreciate it fam! Hope you enjoy your new GS!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:22 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnoldZO6
They simply told me that they accept buyback and that is all.
Now if they offering me a kicking deal on another 17 Zo6 for all my inconveniences and troubles I might take it after a long inspection of the vehicle A-Z and long test drive to make sure all is well. But nothing was mentioned to me...
They told you a falsehood, look in the little warranty book, it states in black and white they will replace or buy your car back if they can't fix it. Either way you win.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbox22
I just picked up my new GS from MacMulkin and thanks to posts like yours, I approached my purchase with both eyes open and with the expectation of some issues. I even brought 4 friends with me....
I think once you get a "Good One", you will be very happy. Good luck.
Same here, GS picked up on March 1st and driven 1600 miles back to LA during a freak warm spell blessing New England at the time. The timing of the good WX and a great deal at McMulkin was too much to pass on--a sign from a divine source, you might say. I didn't bring anyone with me and only gave the car a quick once-over to check for blemishes, as I look at this activity as a roll of the dice. The OP was unlucky and got a true lemon, but I had a 2013 C6 and a 2015 C7 A8 and found both to be reliable except the A8 in the latter that prompted me to move to a GS M7. I saw the A8 debacle and two-year struggle as a GM flaw, not a cause to denigrate the Corvette, and that is what moved me to staying with the fold. I did flirt with the Porsche Cayman briefly but my attention kept coming back to the GS, and so far it is about as perfect as a new car can be, up to my lofty expectations and hopes. Believe me I've been looking closely with a very critical eye, too, and if it stays this way it's a keeper. I think the OP should give it another try.

Last edited by iclick; 05-22-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:01 AM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
I avoid dealers unless it is a MAJOR issue.
I agree and this is my biggest issue with this marque. There are four dealers within 10 miles of my house, but I'm not comfortable with entrusting my car to any of them. So far I haven't needed anything except the 500-mile oil change done on the return trip from the selling dealer, but I do think about it quite a bit. So far no issues after 2300 miles, but if I have any I'm not sure what route I will take.

Last edited by iclick; 05-22-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

I spoke to the representitive on 5-19 which was about 2 weeks after they accepted the buy back on the vehicle. Currently giving me the run around by telling me that they don't have a dealership currently that is willing to take the vehicle in due to "not enough space". I spoke to them again on 5-22, reperesentative still has not found a resolution to this problem. It is not my problem and I seem to have trouble understanding how out of all the dealerships in Los Angeles county that none of them have space for 1 defective vehicle. Now let me remind you forum fam that I have been dealing with this since January 2017 and you may see why I may be so frustrated dealing with this annoying run around situation. First it was dealership to dealership to body shop back and forth multiple times. Now it's phone call after phonecall. When will this mess end ?! Worst expierence I have ever had purchasing a new vehicle. Ever.
cor28vettes (05-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06

Old 05-22-2017, 08:56 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnoldZO6
I spoke to the representitive on 5-19 which was about 2 weeks after they accepted the buy back on the vehicle. Currently giving me the run around by telling me that they don't have a dealership currently that is willing to take the vehicle in due to "not enough space". I spoke to them again on 5-22, reperesentative still has not found a resolution to this problem. It is not my problem and I seem to have trouble understanding how out of all the dealerships in Los Angeles county that none of them have space for 1 defective vehicle. Now let me remind you forum fam that I have been dealing with this since January 2017 and you may see why I may be so frustrated dealing with this annoying run around situation. First it was dealership to dealership to body shop back and forth multiple times. Now it's phone call after phonecall. When will this mess end ?! Worst expierence I have ever had purchasing a new vehicle. Ever.
No need to sweat this.
You're going about it the wrong way.
There is no need to deal with a dealership at this point.
Call your state govt. agency in charge of the Lemon Law or get a lawyer.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
They told you a falsehood, look in the little warranty book, it states in black and white they will replace or buy your car back if they can't fix it. Either way you win.
Bruce, after my email letter hit Mary Barra and all the execs, I was told I'm getting a buyback with no offer or assistance into another car. I guess I hit a nerve after 6 mos of grief with Quentin at the exec office.
ArnoldZO6 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 10:28 PM
ArnoldZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by sunsalem
No need to sweat this.
You're going about it the wrong way.
There is no need to deal with a dealership at this point.
Call your state govt. agency in charge of the Lemon Law or get a lawyer.
I am going to give it a week to figure itself out. .

Last edited by ArnoldZO6; 05-22-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: My nightmare coming to a conclusion...Z06