C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Old 05-22-2017, 02:30 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

I figured I'd start the small build thread here just to organize pictures and information for my C7Z.

Basics: 2016 C7 Z06 A8
Mods:
Procharger F1X
Air-Air Intercooler
Motec EMS
Fore Triple In-Tank Fuel Setup
ID1050X Injectors
M2K Custom Catch Can
M2K Custom Intake
ProSpeed Dual Fan Kit
Tial 60mm Wastegate
IW 18% Lower Crank Pulley
4.25" Upper Pulley
Dual BOV's
ARH 2" Headers and ORX
Katech LT4 AFM Delete
Katech C5-R Timing Chain
231/242 116LSA 32% Fuel Cam w/ BTR Springs and Ti Retainers
BTR 7/850 Hardened 3/8" pushrods
LS7 Lifters
DSteck Flex Fuel
LMR Thermostat Housing

It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there. M2K Motorsports, home of the TX Mile record holding Ford GT is handling the build...so we will be tweaking a lot of things to make sure it performs as it should for the power it makes. But boost by gear, closed loop WBO2 control, etc...are all part of the equation to prove this system out. Eventually it will go for more power, but for now I am keeping everything under control since it's still on a stock block, stock trans, stock rear, etc... No meth is to be used on the car....just straight E85/98 or flex fuel if necessary. Power goals are still going to be over 4 digits though. Trans tuning will be towards the top of the list from a performance aspect, too many cars out there with trans that sound like they are struggling....so a lot of focus will be on getting that all working right at this power level. Likely require quite a bit of track time and tires to dial in, but we'll get there. Pat G will be assisting us on the trans tuning and working with M2K and NCS for the Motec/GM tuning.
Attached Images      

Last edited by lane_change; 05-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Awesome build. In for results.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:34 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

^^^^ what he said Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 06-03-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You ditching the DI completely or doing piggyback port injection?
Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

How much power are you planning to make? I'd be interested in getting some more info on the triple fuel setup..
Old 05-22-2017, 06:54 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Earl H
You ditching the DI completely or doing piggyback port injection?
Piggyback. DI will stick around to not freak the factory ECU out.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FYREANT
How much power are you planning to make? I'd be interested in getting some more info on the triple fuel setup..
Fore has their triple available on their website. M2K is developing the port injection setup using a Motec ECU to control boost, fuel, etc... just a piggyback setup, still drive like stock when not under load. One of the three pumps will act as an upgrade over the factory low side pump which will be removed and will feed the factory high side pump and LT4 injectors. The second and third pumps will be triggered when required and the EMS will have the fail-safes in place just in case.

Power wise should be between 1000-1200 for now, but dyno numbers are numbers...track times are the target here. I want a car that runs like a car making this kind of power should run.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:20 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by lane_change
Fore has their triple available on their website. M2K is developing the port injection setup using a Motec ECU to control boost, fuel, etc... just a piggyback setup, still drive like stock when not under load. One of the three pumps will act as an upgrade over the factory low side pump which will be removed and will feed the factory high side pump and LT4 injectors. The second and third pumps will be triggered when required and the EMS will have the fail-safes in place just in case.

Power wise should be between 1000-1200 for now, but dyno numbers are numbers...track times are the target here. I want a car that runs like a car making this kind of power should run.
Good info. So would one be able to get one of these pumps individually and use it as an upgraded in place of the oem in tank pump?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:50 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Good info. So would one be able to get one of these pumps individually and use it as an upgraded in place of the oem in tank pump?
You'd likely want to talk to Fore about that. I'm sure it's doable, but all the labor to drop the tank out to swap in a single pump when the extra 2 pumps don't cost all that much extra and you save all the labor, is likely do it all if I was doing anything in the tank. The other issue is how the low side primes the high side, Fore can explain in more detail, but removing the factory pump setup on a DI car will require you to install a prime button in the cabin to trigger before you crank the car over to avoid dry firing the high side pump and causing premature wear. The current low side upgrades that tap the factory tank and run a second pump in line do not require that because the factory pump operates exactly as it should. I personally am not a fan of drilling holes in my tank and having hot pumps if I can avoid it, but many others would prefer to keep the factory system operating 100% like factory with no need for a prime button (kind of race car like) but hey...it won't be on a stock block forever and the power will be going up in the near future so it's a small price to pay to have a fuel setup that can support more than I can make without the need of methanol for fuel.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:23 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

You'd likely want to talk to Fore about that. I'm sure it's doable, but all the labor to drop the tank out to swap in a single pump when the extra 2 pumps don't cost all that much extra and you save all the labor, is likely do it all if I was doing anything in the tank. The other issue is how the low side primes the high side, Fore can explain in more detail, but removing the factory pump setup on a DI car will require you to install a prime button in the cabin to trigger before you crank the car over to avoid dry firing the high side pump and causing premature wear. The current low side upgrades that tap the factory tank and run a second pump in line do not require that because the factory pump operates exactly as it should. I personally am not a fan of drilling holes in my tank and having hot pumps if I can avoid it, but many others would prefer to keep the factory system operating 100% like factory with no need for a prime button (kind of race car like) but hey...it won't be on a stock block forever and the power will be going up in the near future so it's a small price to pay to have a fuel setup that can support more than I can make without the need of methanol for fuel.
Ahh I see. I'll have to talk with them about it. Im trying to find a "drop in" solution to boost the output while keeping it functioning like factory without having to worry about priming and such. Looking forward to your build!

Ant
Old 05-22-2017, 08:28 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Ahh I see. I'll have to talk with them about it. Im trying to find a "drop in" solution to boost the output while keeping it functioning like factory without having to worry about priming and such. Looking forward to your build!

Ant
On your functioning on the same as factory pump in tank.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:26 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Fore is top notch. Been running a triple setup from them for over two years now and love it.

Loving the new build. The old one still holds a special place in my heart though.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:25 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Can't wait to see this one! Any reason for not going for the procharger air to water intercooler?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:35 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Subscribing.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:06 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Can't wait to see this one! Any reason for not going for the procharger air to water intercooler?
If it was designed as a track car, I would have...but as a street car I didn't think it was necessary, I hate chasing stuff like meth, nitrous, or even ice, etc... When the ice runs out it ain't doing much good. With E85 and some good cooling mods I'm hoping we can keep temps under control without ice. At speed an efficient air to air should work just fine. We shall see, if it needs to go that route I will but for now I wanted to keep it simple.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:08 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Looking good!!!
Old 05-23-2017, 08:52 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Awesome progress...

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build

Old 05-24-2017, 09:10 AM
2jsforuuu
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured I'd start the small build thread here just to organize pictures and information for my C7Z.

Basics: 2016 C7 Z06 A8
Mods:
Procharger F1X
Air-Air Intercooler
Motec EMS
Fore Triple In-Tank Fuel Setup
ID1050X Injectors
M2K Custom Catch Can
M2K Custom Intake
ProSpeed Dual Fan Kit
Tial 60mm Wastegate
IW 18% Lower Crank Pulley
4.25" Upper Pulley
Dual BOV's
ARH 2" Headers and ORX
Katech LT4 AFM Delete
Katech C5-R Timing Chain
231/242 116LSA 32% Fuel Cam w/ BTR Springs and Ti Retainers
BTR 7/850 Hardened 3/8" pushrods
LS7 Lifters
DSteck Flex Fuel
LMR Thermostat Housing

It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there. M2K Motorsports, home of the TX Mile record holding Ford GT is handling the build...so we will be tweaking a lot of things to make sure it performs as it should for the power it makes. But boost by gear, closed loop WBO2 control, etc...are all part of the equation to prove this system out. Eventually it will go for more power, but for now I am keeping everything under control since it's still on a stock block, stock trans, stock rear, etc... No meth is to be used on the car....just straight E85/98 or flex fuel if necessary. Power goals are still going to be over 4 digits though. Trans tuning will be towards the top of the list from a performance aspect, too many cars out there with trans that sound like they are struggling....so a lot of focus will be on getting that all working right at this power level. Likely require quite a bit of track time and tires to dial in, but we'll get there. Pat G will be assisting us on the trans tuning and working with M2K and NCS for the Motec/GM tuning.
The motor will stay together with these mods????
Old 05-27-2017, 04:38 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
On your functioning on the same as factory pump in tank.
we've a 2014 c7 and currently doing a 2015 z06 with the fore system. if attention to detail is used, it performs flawlessly.
The following users liked this post:
D3PE (03-05-2018)
Old 05-31-2017, 05:13 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl H
Price?
depends what options you go for. give us a call and we can go over it with you.
The following users liked this post:
D3PE (03-05-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharger F1X, Motec, Port Injection, Fore Triple Fuel Setup...C7Z Build