Sponsored by:

Is Borla S Type II Part No. 140427 Loud Inside The Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Drive In Style
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is Borla S Type II Part No. 140427 Loud Inside The Car

Is the Borla S Type II exhaust part number 140427 too loud to have a conversation inside the car? Borla claims no drone but I cant tell how loud they sound inside the car from the posted videos that I have seen. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:41 AM
msupc
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Drive In Style
Is the Borla S Type II exhaust part number 140427 too loud to have a conversation inside the car? Borla claims no drone but I cant tell how loud they sound inside the car from the posted videos that I have seen. Any help will be appreciated!
I have that cat back system on my 01 Mn6. Before headers it was pretty subdued but had a nice tone when under load. Interior noise was minimal with no drone. You can check out my YouTube videos here :

After headers the sound is awesome. Subdued and non assuming at low rpm, but aggressive under lid and at high RPM.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:24 AM
Drive In Style
Intermediate

I've seen your video! I just did not know whether the interior noise was minimal without headers on this part number. You're the first to really say that the inside noise was minimal. I appreciate the feedback!

Last edited by Drive In Style; 05-24-2017 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Scylla
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Drive In Style
I have the same exhaust on my 01 M6 with round tips instead of oval. It was the first mod I put on the car and it as a huge improvement over the stock system. The idle has a nice growly-burbly sound with an aggressive scream under full throttle, which was upgraded to "ground shaking" after I installed a K&N FIPK intake.

Drone generally is not a problem, but as I understand it, Auto C5's drone pretty significantly with a Borla S-Type, since the auto cruises at higher rpm than the M6. It only comes up driving uphill in 6th gear, and I've never really had trouble holding conversations in my car.

Last edited by Scylla; 05-24-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Drive In Style
Intermediate

Default Is Borla S Type II Part No. 140427

Originally Posted by Scylla
I have the same exhaust on my 01 M6 with round tips instead of oval. It was the first mod I put on the car and it as a huge improvement over the stock system. The idle has a nice growly-burbly sound with an aggressive scream under full throttle, which was upgraded to "ground shaking" after I installed a K&N FIPK intake.

Drone generally is not a problem, but as I understand it, Auto C5's drone pretty significantly with a Borla S-Type, since the auto cruises at higher rpm than the M6. It only comes up driving uphill in 6th gear, and I've never really had trouble holding conversations in my car.
is the noise inside the car too loud for conversation or radio?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:26 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

It is important to make sure we reference the correct system. The 140427 is a new system just released a few years ago. This was a redesigned system where they made it a no drone system. The older S-types droned. If you have oval tips you have the old system. All the new ones have round tips.

You should not have any issue with drone at all or cabin noise. If you want a great deal, call us @ 443-730-9428 and we will hook you up!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by msupc
I have that cat back system on my 01 Mn6. Before headers it was pretty subdued but had a nice tone when under load. Interior noise was minimal with no drone. You can check out my YouTube videos here : https://youtu.be/ns76vOF1mPA

After headers the sound is awesome. Subdued and non assuming at low rpm, but aggressive under lid and at high RPM.
Thanks for posting the Borla's exhaust sound. I have this exhaust for sale in the parts section.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Karate Kid
Instructor

Received 140 Likes on 50 Posts

I just put the 140427 with the 60087 X Pipe on my 2003 C5. I wanted a more aggressive sound than stock but not so loud we couldn't carry on a conversation when driving down the road. They sound great when accelerating but quite when crusing down the road. They are defiantly louder than stock. I do wish they were a little louder but not at the cost of being to loud inside the car and I was afraid the ATAK would be to loud. Overall I'm quite happy with the choice.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:27 AM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

This is an older thread but the Atak is perfect and no drone. I have them with an x pipe

Get notified of new replies

To Is Borla S Type II Part No. 140427 Loud Inside The Car

Quick Reply: Is Borla S Type II Part No. 140427 Loud Inside The Car