Sponsored by:

Console screw question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:30 AM
JohnnieUtah
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Console screw question

I'm getting ready to put my restored console back in and I'm stuck. I bought the full interior screw kit from Willcox and noticed it does not have all the appropriate screws for the console. I need to know what screws are used for the vent bezel attachement to the gauge bezel and what screws are used for the side on the center gauge bezel? From what I can gather it seems all screws are black except the side screws for the center gauge. Would love it someone can shed some light and pics on what screws to use. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi JU,
Here's a start.
Regards,
Alan

The 2 chrome plated screws on the right are used from the gauge bezel into the sides of the lower dash pads (2 each side).

A/C or not? 2 flat head cross recess black and 1 oval head cross recess black.

Last edited by Alan 71; 05-24-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:43 PM
JohnnieUtah
Pro

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi JU,
Here's a start.
Regards,
Alan

The 2 chrome plated screws on the right are used from the gauge bezel into the sides of the lower dash pads (2 each side).

A/C or not? 2 flat head cross recess black and 1 oval head cross recess black.

Thanks so much Alan. But what about the two chrome plated screws on the left in the pic? Where do they go?
Old 05-24-2017, 01:55 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts

They hold the dash pad to the A pillar on LH and RH sides.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Hi JU,
The other 5 screws (5 each lower pad) in that photo are used to install the lower dash pads….. the 2 chrome plated screws at the outer side of the pads into the lock pillar, and the 3 painted screws install across the top of the dash pad.
Regards,
Alan
Old 05-24-2017, 04:47 PM
JohnnieUtah
Pro

Hi JU,
The other 5 screws (5 each lower pad) in that photo are used to install the lower dash pads….. the 2 chrome plated screws at the outer side of the pads into the lock pillar, and the 3 painted screws install across the top of the dash pad.
Regards,
Alan

Crap...now I'm all confused
Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Hi,
You asked about the screws for the center gauge bezel.
I showed you a photo that had 2 of the screws in it…. the 2 screws to the right in the photo.
I then added a photo that showed the upper part of the center gauge bezel so you could see those screws.
Thus you had seen all the screws for the center gauge bezel.

You then asked about the OTHER screws in the first photo and I said they're used for mounting the lower dash pads….. 2 chrome screws at the hinge pillar and 3 screws along the top of the lower dash pads.

???
Regards,
Alan
Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 PM
JohnnieUtah
Pro

Hi,
You asked about the screws for the center gauge bezel.
I showed you a photo that had 2 of the screws in it…. the 2 screws to the right in the photo.
I then added a photo that showed the upper part of the center gauge bezel so you could see those screws.
Thus you had seen all the screws for the center gauge bezel.

You then asked about the OTHER screws in the first photo and I said they're used for mounting the lower dash pads….. 2 chrome screws at the hinge pillar and 3 screws along the top of the lower dash pads.

???
Regards,
Alan
Forgive me Alan...I guess I'm not used to the nomenclature callouts and their locations those being lower dash pads, hinge pillar, etc. My biggest problem is that both Willcox and Corvette America don't have a bag that shows your screws with their complete interior screw kit. Very frustrating. That's why I'm so confused. They give me every other dang screw but what you show. So much for the interior kit which I was told had everything!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Bergerboy
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 132 Posts

Take a deep breath Johnnie.
This is supposed to be fun!
Each little issue that seems to frustrate you now, becomes a bit of learning to add to your knowledge of the Corvette.
There are lots of great experts on this forum, with years of experience, who are VERY willing to help out the less-educated (myself included!).
A little patience on your part, will induce a lot of patience from those ready and waiting to share their knowledge!
If you're getting this frustrated over a bag of screws, your path ahead is going to be lined with a lot more headaches that could affect your enjoyment of this hobby/pastime/labor of love.
Just my unsolicited $0.02
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bergerboy; 05-24-2017 at 09:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JohnnieUtah (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Hi JU,
Perhaps if you lay all the little bags out and take a photo of them so I can see how they're labeled, I can relay which bag of screws is used in which location.
Regards,
Alan

Get notified of new replies

To Console screw question

Quick Reply: Console screw question