C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not start, battery good

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:28 PM
ewcollins
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will not start, battery good

I have a 2000 C5. Recently I drove down a bumpy road and my active handling began to turn on and off rapidly. I was near my destination.
When I returned to the car it would not start as if I had a bad battery. I hit the starter two more times and it started. Displayed service vehicle soon. Ran great all the way home. When I turned the vehicle off in my garage, it displayed low voltage. Has not started since.
Headlights, etc. work but just totally nothing when try to start. Had battery checked, checked appropriate fuses, etc. but nothing.

Anyone encountered anything similar?
Any help appreciated.
Wayne
Old 05-26-2017, 12:22 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Check the wiring connections at the solenoid. Preferably take the wires off and clean the bolts as well as the lug rings before putting it back together.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Check the wiring connections at the solenoid. Preferably take the wires off and clean the bolts as well as the lug rings before putting it back together.
Very Common issue... The nut on the main solenoid stud gets loose and the connection gets corroded/burnt.

I would also check the main battery terminals. If you can move either one by hand,, tis WAAAAY too loose. The battery terminals bolts should be torque to 11 FT/LBs. If you find them loose, I recommend disconnecting them, inspecting them and then clean the connections and reinstall.

BC

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 05-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Will not start, battery good

Quick Reply: Will not start, battery good