Sponsored by:

Driver's Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Driver's Side Mirror

Anyone else having trouble with the driver's side mirror staying where it has been set and memorized? It seems about every 3rd time, or so, that mirror moves either full out or full in and has to be reset when I get in the car. Clues?
Old 05-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Karlmiami
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Default mirror issue - me too

i am having tbe same issue. i just have to take it to the dealer while it is still under factory warranty. They might not know why it is acting like this, but they will replace parts until resolved for now.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM
boxster99t
Burning Brakes

Received 248 Likes on 178 Posts

Mine does the same thing from time to time. It's irritating because it always seems to move the mirror up. Not sure it's anything the dealer is going to be able to fix, but if someone tries and they do fix it, let me know. My 2015 goes out of warranty in January, so I've got time.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:09 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,615 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Karlmiami
i am having tbe same issue. i just have to take it to the dealer while it is still under factory warranty. They might not know why it is acting like this, but they will replace parts until resolved for now.
Good idea of going on record.

Since three of you say it happens periodically-wonder if you're sure you have the same FOB each time? Just a thought.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Good idea of going on record.

Since three of you say it happens periodically-wonder if you're sure you have the same FOB each time? Just a thought.
I just bought my car, it was previously owned and I only got 1 Fob. What I was wondering was if the FOB battery was low.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:43 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,615 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftly
I just bought my car, it was previously owned and I only got 1 Fob. What I was wondering was if the FOB battery was low.
When my FOB battery was low the first sign was difficulty opening the door. Then several weeks later I had to put the FOB in the slot in the steering column to get it to start.

Battery read just in the "Good" range of a quality battery tester I have used for years. It puts the battery under load when testing the voltage. Put in a new battery that read fully into the "Good" range and all was fine.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 PM
etaylor14
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

My 2017 Z51 did it a few times until I had my wife program #2 fob. It hasn't done it since.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:15 AM
xraytom1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Blind spot mirror

Originally Posted by Deftly
Anyone else having trouble with the driver's side mirror staying where it has been set and memorized? It seems about every 3rd time, or so, that mirror moves either full out or full in and has to be reset when I get in the car. Clues?
I designed an add-on mirror that has a 3D printed wedge that gives a good angle to see the blind spot. It's a flat mirror that doesn't distort the image and works very well
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2017, 10:35 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by xraytom1
I designed an add-on mirror that has a 3D printed wedge that gives a good angle to see the blind spot. It's a flat mirror that doesn't distort the image and works very well
Just looking at your pix, the side view mirror is set too far in. You can see your car's side body when looking in it, so in effect it is functioning more an another rear view than a actual side view.. Side mirrors (if adjust properly) should not show any part of your car when viewing, but rather only what's in the lanes on either side of the car.

That being said, very clever design of the add on mirror.
The following users liked this post:
xraytom1 (05-28-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's Side Mirror

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Mirror