C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on lights for my '80 resto-mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 02:23 AM
indy99
Melting Slicks

Location: the land of a never ending frame-off resto-mod. May Visa have mercy on my soul.
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Opinions on lights for my '80 resto-mod

I am slowly finishing up a frame-off resto-mod on my 80 corvette. Putting some new lights in the interior and exterior will be expected by fall time.

I understand the Purist point of view of keeping everything stock but I am wayyy beyond that point, having changed almost everything including a coil over suspension, enhanced engine mods and rebuild, and a true dual no cat exhaust among a few items.

I like Led's for lighting and they will be used on the interior. My questions are... amber and white strobes on the exterior where the side parking/turn signal lights are and a hidden Led light bar on the front to augment the crappy high beams.

Why strobes??? I participate in a few parades every year so a little extra bling. My car is a sleeper so the mods will all blend in.

Yay or nay say ye C3 owners. Blasphemy or 21st century upgrades.I can take the heat. Us old ******* still rock baby!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:07 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Way too many people care or actually worry what some other cat will think of his car and the way he built it,

I have deep respect for guys who make their car theirs be it radical or just day two stuff, lifes too short to settle.

So with that said do what lights you want, keep in mind flashing lights on a car on the street are frowned on by law because they can confuse other drivers,

But if you just use them for shows go wild,

If you use anything pointing at oncoming drivers have courtesy and be sure they dont blind like so many do.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:19 AM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 542 Posts

I was thinking of using a small 3/4" LED light for side markers on mine when I get to that point. Small enough to blend in but bright enough to work. Not sure how that fits into your strobe idea. But as said, do what you want with it. That is the great part of having a car that's not worth $20-30.000.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on lights for my '80 resto-mod

Quick Reply: Opinions on lights for my '80 resto-mod