Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Drove to Chino Valley on AZ freeways

Old 05-28-2017, 09:53 AM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Drove to Chino Valley on AZ freeways

I left Mesa AZ around 8am and despite holiday traffic jamming the I-17N my buddy and I got up there in 90 minutes with a pit stop. The person in Chino Valley buys C4's and uses the frame/suspension for other stuff. He will buy some really ugly condition cars as well as some not so bad. Unfortunately the seat was torn on the side were the two cushions meet and the leather was awful. He wanted $50 and I could see why! So no big deal not my first rodeo and I didn't score. Nice drive and my buddy and got to rap and run the car. Going back traffic was light allowing me to cruise down the mountains at a ground covering speed. We arrived back in Mesa in 45 minutes. I never had the engine above 3200 rpms. Climbs effortless up the mountains and sticks the BEAUTIFUL roads. The I-17 was smooth as glass. The hot black asphalt made those soft tires stick to the road. We had a blast and no interference. Only had one wreckless driving incident. A Dodge 2500 diesel passed me 80-85 mph and cut inches in front of my bumper to avoid the semi truck he was closing in on. I thought he would brake but he kept coming and cut right in front of me. To avoid getting shot I only gave him the finger. Other than that it was a fun drive. The title says freeways and the majority was on freeways. Even the state roads are fantastic out here. Nice and smooth level for the most part. Older freeways you find yourself hopping along. Not our freeways and there are never pot holes. We have road debris at times but that's another issue. Owning a sports car out here is a real joy.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:34 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=bow tie guy;1594832551]drove to chino valley in what? last I remember you bought a '92 6M in glorious quazarian blue, a few weeks later I thought I saw it for sale.

Dielectric grease ? LMACO are you still driving the '88[/QUOTE
I've been driving my red 1988 C4 money pit for years. It is still a great driver. The car needs a paint job same color. I have three Corvette's and I have plans to sell the 1992 ZF transmission C4 to a friend in New Zealand.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Joe C5 C2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts

Wow, great post. Brings back some really great memories of the area. We moved back east three years ago after having lived in Chandler and and had a really nice summer home in Chino. I had my C6 back then and remember those trips up and down the I17, really able to "exercise" my baby. Didn't usually make it back as fast as you because we usually had to make a stop for a pie at Rock Springs Cafe at the bottom of the big hill.

Get notified of new replies

To Drove to Chino Valley on AZ freeways

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drove to Chino Valley on AZ freeways