Sponsored by:

Steering slave cylinder hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Evren Erdogan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering slave cylinder hose

Hi gents i had a slight leak on the slave cylinder .im replacing the hoses .it leaks where the valve to slave cylinder hose connect .from the bolt .i noticed the bolts (or screws ) has a slight angle to it on the slave cylinder just to make things complicated .is it just mine which has angles or do u have urs angled too naturaly? i dont want to strip the new hoses .on the other hand i rebuild the slave cylinder and control valve no matter what u do it ll leak some anyway im sure most of u guys have leaks on that area too .comments are welcomed
Old 05-28-2017, 05:09 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Evren Erdogan
Hi gents i had a slight leak on the slave cylinder .im replacing the hoses .it leaks where the valve to slave cylinder hose connect .from the bolt .i noticed the bolts (or screws ) has a slight angle to it on the slave cylinder just to make things complicated .is it just mine which has angles or do u have urs angled too naturaly? i dont want to strip the new hoses .on the other hand i rebuild the slave cylinder and control valve no matter what u do it ll leak some anyway im sure most of u guys have leaks on that area too .comments are welcomed
I've rebuilt the control valve using Wilcox kit and video instructions. Much easier than I anticipated. I was going to rebuild the cylinder but it was scored so I replaced it. I've replaced all the hoses. There is an angle and it was bit tedious to get the hoses threaded on the cylinder. Just work carefully. I have no leaks now for 4 years.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:49 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by flyeri
I've rebuilt the control valve using Wilcox kit and video instructions. Much easier than I anticipated. I was going to rebuild the cylinder but it was scored so I replaced it. I've replaced all the hoses. There is an angle and it was bit tedious to get the hoses threaded on the cylinder. Just work carefully. I have no leaks now for 4 years.

If done properly your power steering will not leak. If you only have a hose leaking, you might just try backing off the nut and then re-tighten it.

The hoses going into the cylinder do have a bit of a pitch to them so just start them by hand... making sure they are threaded correctly.

Willcox
The following users liked this post:
MISTERZ06 (05-29-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 09:27 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

All new parts , no leaks here!

Get notified of new replies

To Steering slave cylinder hose

Quick Reply: Steering slave cylinder hose