Sponsored by:

Noise in steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:52 AM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Noise in steering wheel

2014 Z51 VY Vert. Still warrantied, just trying to get an idea before I go in.

Getting a bit of a whistling noise when turning the steering wheel. Does not happen all of the time and does seem to happen more at lower speeds. As in, less than 10-15 MPH.

Any ideas besides taking really quick turns instead? haha

Also, getting a clicking noise coming from under the engine. Sounds like it is coming from the left front. My C6 did this as well and after reading some, I am guessing this is the sound the DI produces, no?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:49 AM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

no one?
Old 05-30-2017, 11:20 AM
alimustafa23
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you post a video here? The sound you're taking about, is it easy to reproduce? I have a 16 Base c7. I had an annoying squeaking sound from the steering wheel time to time while making slow turns @ < 10 mph, mostly while pulling out/turning in parking lots. Almost like something is rubbing against something. It does it time to time. I had a dealer check it out, and obviously he said can't reproduce the issue. It hasn't happened in a while so I stopped chasing it. Hope that helps
Old 05-30-2017, 12:00 PM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alimustafa23
Can you post a video here? The sound you're taking about, is it easy to reproduce? I have a 16 Base c7. I had an annoying squeaking sound from the steering wheel time to time while making slow turns @ < 10 mph, mostly while pulling out/turning in parking lots. Almost like something is rubbing against something. It does it time to time. I had a dealer check it out, and obviously he said can't reproduce the issue. It hasn't happened in a while so I stopped chasing it. Hope that helps
That is exactly when/how mine is acting too.

Come and goes. While not as loud, it does have an "old/un-oiled hinge" type sound to it.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:26 PM
alimustafa23
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PryOpenUr3rdEye
That is exactly when/how mine is acting too.

Come and goes. While not as loud, it does have an "old/un-oiled hinge" type sound to it.
Exactly the sound I was talking about Not sure if anyone else experience the same issue. Did you get it checked out by the dealer?
Old 05-30-2017, 01:36 PM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alimustafa23
Exactly the sound I was talking about Not sure if anyone else experience the same issue. Did you get it checked out by the dealer?
Will be going in a couple of weeks to get that and a vanity cover replaced. Was trying to get an idea before then.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:13 PM
AK Goat
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds similar to the issue I had with my 2015 Colorado. It was the steering wheel airbag module rubbing. There was a TSB on that. Lube was added to the rub points on the module. Yeah, quite annoying until remidied.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:41 AM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AK Goat
Sounds similar to the issue I had with my 2015 Colorado. It was the steering wheel airbag module rubbing. There was a TSB on that. Lube was added to the rub points on the module. Yeah, quite annoying until remidied.
Thanks for the info!

Get notified of new replies

To Noise in steering wheel

Quick Reply: Noise in steering wheel