Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z/ZR1 Adjustable Camber Kits now available from AMT Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default C6Z/ZR1 Adjustable Camber Kits now available from AMT Motorsport

Now Available - C6Z and ZR1 Corvette Camber Kit by AMT Motorsport

AMT Motorsport is proud to announce the arrival of our fully adjustable camber kit for aluminum framed C6Z and ZR1 Corvettes. This kit allows adjustment of the lower control arms without having to switch out plates or even remove bolts from the control arms. To switch camber you simply loosen the bolts, rotate the plates one way or the other, re adjust toe and you're back on your way. The kit includes shims for the front and rear upper control arms should you choose or prefer to set your camber and caster by way of shims.

The plates themselves are made from 6061-T6 aluminum. They are red and blue anodized to protect against ugly oxidation, to look sexy, and to make the laser-engraved markings on the plates more legible. The markings indicate the amount of camber by way of a "volume" gauge for legibility under the car. "P" or "D" notes whether that plate goes on the passenger or driver side of the car and "Front" or "Back" indicates which way the plates should be facing when installed on the control arms. There are two holes that can be used for adjustment allowing for a total of 10 levels of adjustment. Position 1 pushes the control arms a small amount further than the stock eccentrics so you can expect a little more available negative camber with the AMT kit

The plates are attached to the control arms with all grade 10.9 hardware and yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance . Bolts, washers, and lockwashers are included for strong and secure installation. The kit comes with 32 1/32'' thick zinc plated shims and 32 1/16'' thick shims to adjust upper control arms as needed. 1/32'' shim removes camber by about .15-.2 degrees, 1/16'' shims are good for .3-.4 degrees.

Our Front and Rear Upper Control Arm studs are available at an additional (but deeply discounted) cost when purchased with the C6Z Camber Kit. These studs replace the bolts on your front and rear upper control arms to make for easier adjustment by use of the included shims.

Pros of the AMT Motorsport Camber Kit
-8 sided shape allows for easy adjustment of lower control arms
-Allows greater negative camber than factory eccentrics
-Octagon shape locks into the cradle meaning the eccentrics can't slip and try to kill you like the factory units (see video below)
-Car will not go out of alignment from track use. Even if your stock eccentrics don't slip completely, they tend to move. This can change your alignment and destroy your tires and lap times.
-A must for racecars on sticky tires. I think your nuts if you're going fast on Hoosiers with factory eccentrics.
-No questions asked unlimited lifetime warranty. If you're able to damage any part of our camber kit, we will replace the offending part free of charge

Cons
-Your alignment will cost more and your alignment guy might hate you. They're used to man handling the stock eccentrics with a quick twist of the wrench. These take time to get into place.
-Probably overkill for a street car on street tires. If you do 1 or 2 track days a year without sticky rubber, the stock eccentrics are fine. These would probably not be worth the hassle.

Here's a video of what can happen when your stock eccentrics completely let go on track:

Pricing for the kit is $365 plus shipping. Adding front and rear control arm studs increases the price by $75. However members of this forum can save 5% by using coupon code cfracing at check out.

Follow THIS LINK to order from our website.

If anyone has any questions at all please let me know and I'll answer all that I can. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-06-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Updated pics and website
Old 06-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Ordered! Thanks much for developing this.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mordeth
Ordered! Thanks much for developing this.
​​​​​​
Absolutely! Thanks for the order!
Old 06-03-2017, 08:26 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I have Mark's kits, both the Camber and Stud Kits, installed on my C7 - and they are really, REALLY, REALLY NICE KITS!!!

Very easy installation for both kits.

If you have the slightest concern about the OE eccentrics slipping and allowing your alignment to change during aggressive driving and strong lateral G loads, Mark's Camber Kit will lock your LCA's in place so there can't be any slipping - your alignment specs will be solidly locked into place.

Here is the rear suspension of my car:

And for quick and easy adjustments I use shims on Mark's Stud Kit - both front and rear. All C7's have the "dogbones" holding the UCA's to the frame in the front and rear, just like the C6 Z06 and ZR1 - those cars will need the Stud Kit for front and rear, but the base C6 (and I believe the C6 GS) can only use the Stud Kit for the front UCA's.

Here are the studs installed on my C7 (which has the exact same dogbones as my C6 Z06 and ZR1 did):

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-03-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Bob! Always appreciate you beating the AMT drum!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Hump day bump! In stock and shipping same day as your order.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Cha_Cha
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump. Still foaming for a c6z spherical bushing kit.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I received my C6Z Camber Kit and upper control arm studs from Mark. I have never seen anything packed so meticulously. Every item is labeled, every set of bolts separately bagged and marked. Cute little bags of loctite included. Directions are clear, concise, in color, with useful suggestions arranged in an organized, professional format - even an idiot could comprehend them. The hardware is top-notch stuff. It is almost a shame to hide it under my car.

I have been buying after-market car parts for years and never have I seen such attention to detail. It almost feels like someone personally put this kit together special for me, considering my Vette OCD. I will get it all installed and the car re-aligned once I get my new clutch in and will post a review.

Thanks again Mark, I appreciate your attention to detail and quality.

If you end up developing a spherical bearing kit for the C6Z, I would be interested during the off-season up here in the NE. I may also need some stud extenders and spacers as well, and whatever else you come up with. Also interested in how you made out at NJMP.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mordeth
I received my C6Z Camber Kit and upper control arm studs from Mark. I have never seen anything packed so meticulously. Every item is labeled, every set of bolts separately bagged and marked. Cute little bags of loctite included. Directions are clear, concise, in color, with useful suggestions arranged in an organized, professional format - even an idiot could comprehend them. The hardware is top-notch stuff. It is almost a shame to hide it under my car.

I have been buying after-market car parts for years and never have I seen such attention to detail. It almost feels like someone personally put this kit together special for me, considering my Vette OCD. I will get it all installed and the car re-aligned once I get my new clutch in and will post a review.

Thanks again Mark, I appreciate your attention to detail and quality.

If you end up developing a spherical bearing kit for the C6Z, I would be interested during the off-season up here in the NE. I may also need some stud extenders and spacers as well, and whatever else you come up with. Also interested in how you made out at NJMP.
Damn it man leave the review on my website where it counts!

Thanks very much for the kind words. Yes - half the reason I started doing this because I was sick of paying for parts that didn't meet my standards. If I can make my own stuff better than anything that's available then why not do that and try and sell it to others as well. I appreciate that you noticed!

I'm getting a C6Z cradle and arms shortly to begin work on the C6Z bushings. Should definitely have something ready for the offseason. I'll keep you informed!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:12 AM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
Damn it man leave the review on my website where it counts!

Thanks very much for the kind words. Yes - half the reason I started doing this because I was sick of paying for parts that didn't meet my standards. If I can make my own stuff better than anything that's available then why not do that and try and sell it to others as well. I appreciate that you noticed!

I'm getting a C6Z cradle and arms shortly to begin work on the C6Z bushings. Should definitely have something ready for the offseason. I'll keep you informed!
Dang it. I already have the Van Steel kit sitting on my shelf (for the last year) waiting to go on. Now I see yours and feel compelled to buy them. Quality and design look top-notch. Also, having usable instructions may seem like a minor thing, but that's big in my book.

On the bearings, what do you consider the off season? (I'm in Phx so offseason often means on-season here ;-)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by phxcobra

On the bearings, what do you consider the off season? (I'm in Phx so offseason often means on-season here ;-)
Hmm off season for us is when we have two feet of snow on the ground, which is probably the nicest time of year for you!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:36 AM
racer778
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Camber Kit C6 Z06

Any 4th of July Specials on this??
Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Shipping 2 more kits out today to CF Forum members. Thanks all for your support. All parts are in stock and ready to rock.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Sent our first international order to Japan this week! I'll be damned if FedEx didn't get it there in 36 hours. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. Thanks all for your continued support.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

HEY.... that looks just like LG's!!!!!

.... just kidding. A little Friday afternoon bourbon in the office and I couldn't resist....
Old 07-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
HEY.... that looks just like LG's!!!!!

.... just kidding. A little Friday afternoon bourbon in the office and I couldn't resist....
Why you son of a gun.

How's your car? Going to LRP?
Old 07-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Putting things back together....

It's going to be close. I can probably be ready but I really wanted a test day before to shake the car out. If I don't make the LRP... I WILL be at the Glen.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Hi Folks,

Bumping this thread as we've got C6Z kits back in stock, and this time around we've blue anodized the front plates to further differentiate them from the rear. The front camber plates are bigger than the rears so this is just another way to identify them. Plus the blue is sexy. Pricing is still $365 for the kit, add $75 for front and rear upper control arm studs, and Corvette Forum members can still save 5% by using coupon code "cfracing" at checkout.

Please follow the link below to our sexy brand new website to scope the product. Thanks all for the support and as always please let me know if I can be of service!

C6Z/ZR1 Adjustable Camber Kit

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z/ZR1 Adjustable Camber Kits now available from AMT Motorsport

Quick Reply: C6Z/ZR1 Adjustable Camber Kits now available from AMT Motorsport