C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have any issues with darton sleeved block?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Richie333
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have any issues with darton sleeved block?

has anybody had any issues with a RED darton sleeved block? Getting ready to send mine out and just wanted some input. I was reading on the erl sleeved blocks and seen some people had some problems. Would it be better to just buy a lsx block? And what would be the cost of that? Any of suggestions I would appreciate them.
Thanks 👍
Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Another option is the Dart LS SHP block. Its below their LS next block in grade but equivalent to the LSX block. Its actually a little cheaper than the LSX block and requires less machine work to prep. Lots of other stuff already done to it.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:46 AM
Richie333
Instructor

Originally Posted by silver408z
Another option is the Dart LS SHP block. Its below their LS next block in grade but equivalent to the LSX block. Its actually a little cheaper than the LSX block and requires less machine work to prep. Lots of other stuff already done to it.
is the SHP aluminum or iron? And does it need a lot of extra stuff to put into the z06? I almost bought a ls next but I know it needs a different oil plan or adapters at the least and a few other things and I didn't want to get into that.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:50 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I believe Texas Speed sells sleeved blocks too. Worth a phone call.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:27 AM
ChrisG23
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie333
has anybody had any issues with a RED darton sleeved block? Getting ready to send mine out and just wanted some input. I was reading on the erl sleeved blocks and seen some people had some problems. Would it be better to just buy a lsx block? And what would be the cost of that? Any of suggestions I would appreciate them.
Thanks 👍

Now I am coming from a completely different platform, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Darton sleeves are the gold standard (at least for this other platform). If I were you, my main concern would be the machine shop installing them properly.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:50 PM
silver408z
Drifting

is the SHP aluminum or iron? And does it need a lot of extra stuff to put into the z06? I almost bought a ls next but I know it needs a different oil plan or adapters at the least and a few other things and I didn't want to get into that.
The SHP block does not require all those things. It is skirted and works with the factory oil pan. They make an iron and aluminum version. The aluminum is some crazy price. I did not think you were worried about iron since you mentioned the lsx block.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Richie333
Instructor

Originally Posted by silver408z
The SHP block does not require all those things. It is skirted and works with the factory oil pan. They make an iron and aluminum version. The aluminum is some crazy price. I did not think you were worried about iron since you mentioned the lsx block.
yeah im not really too worried, I just want a solid motor. I'm defiantly adding boost later so the extra weight isn't a big deal I can make it up with that. That block runs the same internals as the ls7 correct?
Old 07-22-2017, 10:29 PM
silver408z
Drifting

yeah im not really too worried, I just want a solid motor. I'm defiantly adding boost later so the extra weight isn't a big deal I can make it up with that. That block runs the same internals as the ls7 correct?
I do not know everything about it sorry. My engine is a SHP block and the Dart center weighted billet crank. The dart crank is another nice piece for the features and price point. Blownbluez06 is doing my build. I know its a 4.125 bore and 4.00 stroke and makes a 427. Heads are mast black label 305s and topped with a F1R for now. Maybe an X later.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody have any issues with darton sleeved block?

Quick Reply: Anybody have any issues with darton sleeved block?