C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Question

Old 07-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Jack Forbes
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav Question

Just installed a used Nav from a 2008 into a 2006 works great when I tried to set a destination it came up map error what's the problem
Old 07-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Forbes
Just installed a used Nav from a 2008 into a 2006 works great when I tried to set a destination it came up map error what's the problem
Nav antenna plugged in and positioned correctly? Proper discs being used?, correct region selected?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Jack Forbes
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cooter Tech
Nav antenna plugged in and positioned correctly? Proper discs being used?, correct region selected?
Bought dvd from cm it said United States and Canada live in West Virginia so eastern United States is this the proper disk
Old 07-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I was doing some searching regarding my own 2007 NAV unit and stumbled across some information that might have some bearing on your situation. I read that the NAV units in a couple of model years ran a 2 disc system and I seem to recall that 2008 was one of the years. I can't remember where I read that so if anyone has information pertaining to this please add a link.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:02 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Icecap
A couple of weeks ago I was doing some searching regarding my own 2007 NAV unit and stumbled across some information that might have some bearing on your situation. I read that the NAV units in a couple of model years ran a 2 disc system and I seem to recall that 2008 was one of the years. I can't remember where I read that so if anyone has information pertaining to this please add a link.

I have also heard this. Some of the older units had two separate map discs. I know the unit from my 2012 only had one disc. I sold it to a fellow CF member but I remember him asking me if it was the 2 disc or 1 disc head unit.

I can understand guys wanting to go with a factory OEM unit, but sometimes I feel like its more trouble than its worth, especially since I don't consider it a good unit to begin with. But good luck getting it straight.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:00 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Bought dvd from cm it said United States and Canada live in West Virginia so eastern United States is this the proper disk
What version DVD do you have? You will see that info on the DVD right hand side.

Here are the versions and years. You will notice that some versions have an East and West US
You would need an Eastern DVD.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:45 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Both the single disc set and the double disk sets will work in any year nav. I have personally used both single and double disk sets in my 2007 nav unit and prefer the single disk. With the double disk you have to make sure you have put the disk in that matches your location.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:49 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

The disk may be dirty or damaged or the laser that reads the nav disc could be dirty or misaligned.

I received occasional read errors in my 2007 and just blew compressed air into the nav slot from every direction with the disc removed and never got another error.

Get notified of new replies

To Nav Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nav Question