C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on futur fuel system

Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Need opinions on futur fuel system...You re all welcome ;)

Well things going forward, new 427 is in my garage,YSI @ 2.85 is beside it, scored a near mint never installed QT SFI bellhousing, will order a Mantic 9000 Clutch but to complete the project i need to complete my fuel system.
I like to keep it simple(no bap or thousands of line, no drilling my tank) but im not really confident about my fuel skills

So my idea:
-Keep my in tank walbro GRJ420 with Racetronix hotwire,use a 97-98 fuel filter to feed stock feed line to a fuel block or "Y".This way everything work in stock form and can support 600whp;
-ECS fuel ring with -10an feed;
-10an feed line with filter to a Aeromotive Eliminator external pump activate by a hobbs switch;
-10an line out the pump with filter to a fuel block or "Y" bock
-10an line from fuel block or "Y" to Holley aluminium fuel rail
-Deatschwerk ls3 style 90lbs injectors
-Deatschwerk DW2000 FPR mount on the fuel rail.
-8an return line to either the stock return line above the stock filter or directly to the tank with the -8an return provision on the ECS fuel ring.

My questions:
-Wich prepump filter do i need ?
-Wich after pump filter do i need ?
-Are 90lbs injectors enough ?
-Do i need to feed the fuel rail with -10an or -8an???...Will try to make some room and feed both rail but i do think that i will ended up feeding one side of the rail only and put FPR on the other end so maybe -10an is better.
-Do i need to make the FPR boost reference if the external is on a hobb switch ?
-Any company/vendor that does direct wiring harness option (like ractetronix hotwaire) to wire the fuel pump and hobbs switch system ?...no i wont make mine.

All input are welcome
Thanks

Last edited by always faster; 07-22-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:24 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I would go to a larger injector.

I would run both lines to a "Y" with a check valve on each line. From there I would feed the rails, (ideally both rails in parallel) then the FPR. I would absolutely use a boost reference FPR to raise fuel pressure with boost.

I don't know of anyone that makes a wire harness for what you want to do.
The following users liked this post:
always faster (07-26-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 11:54 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
I would go to a larger injector.

I would run both lines to a "Y" with a check valve on each line. From there I would feed the rails, (ideally both rails in parallel) then the FPR. I would absolutely use a boost reference FPR to raise fuel pressure with boost.

I don't know of anyone that makes a wire harness for what you want to do.
So some Deatshwerk 150lbs should be better suited to be on the safe side.
EDIT: Ill pass on the deatshwerk(There ls7 version utilise EV1 connectors), i did change all injectors connectors to EV6 Uscar when i add there 78lbs Ls1 style to avoid using adaptor and there is no way to i will change them again.What injectors should i use that use EV6 Uscar connectors ???
I didnt thought about check valve
I should had one to my external pump line but what about the stock line.There must be a check valve already in the stock line setup form somewhere ???

Any diagram on how to feed both line and where to put fpr(would like to keep it on the rail).Also there is a lack of space on the back to put some fuel line with the stupid thight cowl...

For harness i think that i could buy the ECS harness that they use to wire there stage 2 A1000 setup.

Last edited by always faster; 07-23-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:01 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea, I will draw something up.

There is a check valve in the pump, but you want one at the "Y" so fuel isn't forced back down it by the much stronger eliminator pump

For now here is a pic of my fuel system before I added the 2nd fuel line, but it would be the same really.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:57 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Well after doing some calculation 90lbs injectors would be at 85% duty cycle @ 1100whp if i run a base pressure of 58psi idle so i guess they are plenty enough for me.

Stock line and external line will go into a "Y" so do i put a check valve before each entry of the "Y" and a 3rd one just after the external pump ???

Last edited by always faster; 07-24-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:28 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

My questions remains :

-Wich prepump filter do i need ?
-Wich after pump filter do i need ?
-Are 90lbs injectors enough ? Yes they are.
-Do i need to feed the fuel rail with -10an or -8an???...Will try to make some room and feed both rail but i do think that i will ended up feeding one side of the rail only and put FPR on the other end so maybe -10an is better.
-Do i need to make the FPR boost reference if the external is on a hobb switch ?Yes i should
-Any company/vendor that does direct wiring harness option (like ractetronix hotwaire) to wire the fuel pump and hobbs switch system ?...no i wont make mine.Message Doug and yes he can send me both harness
-Stock line and external line will go into a "Y" so do i put a check valve before each entry of the "Y" and a 3rd one just after the external pump ???

Last edited by always faster; 07-25-2017 at 08:28 AM.
DOUG @ ECS (07-26-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
My questions remains :

-Wich prepump filter do i need ? Above 100 microns
-Wich after pump filter do i need ?Below 100 microns
-Any company/vendor that does direct wiring harness option (like ractetronix hotwaire) to wire the fuel pump and hobbs switch system ?...no i wont make mine.Message Doug and yes he can send me both harness
-Stock line and external line will go into a "Y" so do i put a check valve before each entry of the "Y" and a 3rd one just after the external pump ???The third check valve will just be redundant. One in each feed line should be enough but you could always run a check valve fitting on the outlet of you fuel pump.
See responses in red. I may have missed it but how much power are you shooting for?

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 07-25-2017 at 11:02 AM.
always faster (07-26-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly I have it all and its for sale

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted/4006333-early-c5-1500whp-full-fuel-kit-flexfuel.html
Old 07-26-2017, 04:58 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
See responses in red. I may have missed it but how much power are you shooting for?
I could put a check valve in the entry of the stock feed line "Y" to prevent the fuel going back when the secondary kicks in and one on the oultet of the external pump to get the secondary line always full...or i should just do both entry on the "Y" .

-Aeromotive Eliminator or Magnafuel 4303 ?

Powerwise i would like to get the best i can with the new setup(hoping 4 digits ):
-Ls2 Darton sleev 427 ci
-10:1 CR
-ETP Ls7 heads with stock ls7 intake
-Small cam: 228/232 .620"/.612" 116+4
-YSI @ 2.85" with 8" balancer secondary drive.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:16 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

for the after filter you need at least "10 micron". as everything else it gets complicated fast. my understanding is that according to iso/tr 19438 the filter needs to remove 82% of 5 mu particles and 100% of 35 mu.

https://archive.org/stream/gso.iso.1...e/n29/mode/2up

and at this level i would do a proper system feeding each rail separately. if it was me i would probably even feed them in the middle and have a return at all corners.

Last edited by romandian; 07-26-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
So some Deatshwerk 150lbs should be better suited to be on the safe side.
EDIT: Ill pass on the deatshwerk(There ls7 version utilise EV1 connectors), i did change all injectors connectors to EV6 Uscar when i add there 78lbs Ls1 style to avoid using adaptor and there is no way to i will change them again.What injectors should i use that use EV6 Uscar connectors ???
I didnt thought about check valve
I should had one to my external pump line but what about the stock line.There must be a check valve already in the stock line setup form somewhere ???

Any diagram on how to feed both line and where to put fpr(would like to keep it on the rail).Also there is a lack of space on the back to put some fuel line with the stupid thight cowl...

For harness i think that i could buy the ECS harness that they use to wire there stage 2 A1000 setup.
150lbs for around 600 horse? shoot 80 pounders will get you in the 800 to 850 horse with a good tune,stick with 60 if you not going to upgrade in the future!!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by leo12
150lbs for around 600 horse? shoot 80 pounders will get you in the 800 to 850 horse with a good tune,stick with 60 if you not going to upgrade in the future!!
I don't think he's stopping at 600 whp, he has a 427 and a YSi. I think his 600whp comment was in regards to the intank fuel pump being able to handle that much power on it's own.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:36 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leo12
Read post #9...I should be way past the 600 or 800 hp

Get notified of new replies

To Need opinions on futur fuel system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need opinions on futur fuel system