Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default FREE GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount

Folks,

It's that time again. Another give away for one lucky Corvette Forum member, and this time the prize is greatest of all - an AMT Motorsport Ultralow Seat Mount for all C5/C6/C7 Corvettes. We literally put the finishing touches on this seat mount on Friday and the pictures you see here are about 95% of what the production version will be.

One thing that's NOT pictured here is an integral lower bar to mount your sub belts. It'll bolt right to the mount from the bottom side with countersunk screws, come with two eyebolts, and will have holes drilled for 1 and 2-sub belt setups. I'll more than likely finish this piece Monday and post pictures of that up here.

This mount has been long awaited and oft requested. We've added lots of pretty damn cool design features that you'll see below.

Retail price on the Ultralow Seat Mount will be $350 plus s/h and $400 with the bar for the sub belts. In this Pre-Sale Thread I will offer the full kit with sub bar for $300 shipping included. That's $100 off retail. And if you purchase in the pre-sale AND win the contest I will of course refund you.

I will run this contest and pre-sale for 2 weeks. I will choose a random winner on Monday August 7th. The pre-sale pricing will end on August 9th. If you wish to buy the mount pre-sale I will require that you pay by then. I've asked for soft commitments previously on other products, made a bunch of units, and then had people flake when it came time to pay up. The point of this Pre-Sale is so have a rough idea of what I should be making for production volumes. With money committed I can create tooling and fixtures for the production runs. Expect to have finished mounts shipping in 4 weeks after the contest ends.

To be entered into the contest for the giveway, just put a comment in this thread. If you wish to purchase the kit Pre-Sale, you can type "Pre-Sale" somewhere in this thread and I will PM you for your information so I can send you an invoice. You can also PM me, e-mail me at Mark@amtmotorsport.com, or follow THIS LINK to purchase right through the website. Pre-Sale pricing will end when the contest ends, Monday August 7th

So, on to this weeks give away -

AMT Motorsport Ultralow Seat Mount for C5/C6/C7 Corvettes

AMT Motorsport proudly introduces our long awaited seat mount for 1997-Current Corvettes. This mount features a lot of extra details and innovations that we feel makes it the strongest, stiffest, and most easy to install mount available for the Corvette.

First and foremost, the purpose of this mount is to get your aftermarket racing seat installed as low as possible. As you can see from the picture above if you need your seat any lower you're going to have to cut a hole in the floor. The mount features flush mounted, hex head hardware so there is nothing protruding to keep the seat from going all the way to the floor.

That said, if you're one of the few people in history who have said "Gee, I really wish my seat was higher in my Corvette..." then we have you covered. All the side brackets can be rotated 90 degrees and left to right, so you have a million and one mounting options. The near mount is in the high configuration and the far mount is in the low configuration.

We spent a little extra time on the side bracket to bottom mount interface. Most mounts have the brackets actually sitting on bolts. That's all well and good and bolts are plenty strong, but bolts are meant to screw things together, not necessarily support shear load. So we designed our kit so that the side brackets perfectly fit to the mounts. That means we machined a perfect matching radius on the brackets that interface with mounts, and the bottom of the bracket actually sits on the bottom mount.

All of the hardware is Grade 10 bolts and the hexes are actually sunk into the brackets. We started this with our Full Floating Rotor kits and carried the concept over to out Ultralow Mount. Again by not having any bolt heads protruding you can get the seat all the way to the floor, but even better than that you no longer need two wrenches to install the seat as you would with a flathead screw. If you've ever installed a fixed racing seat with in a cage car you know it's an arduous process of trial and error. These captured bolts make the process much easier and faster. Plus it's dead sexy.

Close up of the the milled hexes.

We put some angle on the rear most bracket to avoid having to clamp on the seat gromment. We only have a Sparco Evo to check with, but there should be plenty of clearance so you don't have to space the seat out with a washer on most racing seats.

Finally, we inlude all necessary hardware to mount the seat to your stock Corvette seat studs. We turn the hex studs from 4340 steel and add grade 10 washers and locking flange nuts to secure the thing to the floor.

As always, all parts are made in the USA at our facility in Clifton Park, NY and the mount carries an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If any part of this mount fails for any reason, we will replace the bad part or parts free of charge. Yes that includes you crashing into a wall. If you crash your car hard enough to damage this mount you've got much bigger problems to worry about. Least I can do is offer you a new seat mount at no charge.

Thanks all for looking at the thread and playing along. Please contact me if you have any questions at all!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-10-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Kyle@KMC
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following your Instagram and came here to enter the contest. Really appreciate the time you have into developing these. I looked into doing it myself as I need an extra inch for helmet space but have never had time to stop working on customer projects. Yours is much more detailed then what I was going to make, incredible pieces sir!
The following users liked this post:
Mark@AMT Motorsport (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 04:07 PM
lowside67
Navigator

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Have you got a weight for these? And are they interchangeable between driver and passenger side?

Thank you,
Mark
Old 07-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by lowside67
Have you got a weight for these? And are they interchangeable between driver and passenger side?

Thank you,
Mark
I'll get a weight for you Monday and yes they're interchangeable. Which car do you have?

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 07-22-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I'll definitely enter for the contest! Might make me buy a passenger seat for the car finally....

Mark, any plans on annodizing or coating the brackets black? Don't mind the silver necessarily but given the choice would prefer black.

Last edited by fleming23; 07-22-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Would love a chance to win.

Have Kirkey race seats in my C7 with another brand mount that works "ok", but would love to see if these might be a bit better.

Thanks for the opportunity and all the products you guys are doing.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

In on this contest. I'm 6'1", ultra low is a good thing!
Old 07-22-2017, 06:59 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fleming23
I'll definitely enter for the contest! Might make me buy a passenger seat for the car finally....

Mark, any plans on annodizing or coating the brackets black? Don't mind the silver necessarily but given the choice would prefer black.
Yes we'll definitely offer black anodize on the production orders. Plan on $20-$30 increase but I'll get quotes for that next week.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 07-22-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:08 PM
jcarothers
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't mind a chance to win these. Wouldn't mind actually just buying them at that price either, just not sure how much I really want a completely fixed mount.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Deuce Man
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in for the giveaway, this would be great for my passenger seat. I can't give ride aligns to some of my taller friends.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Beautiful parts, as always Mark.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:03 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

In for the contest - just sent payment and emailed you earlier today. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Mugen1516
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

in for the giveaway!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:24 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

What material are the mounts made out of?
Old 07-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by dapopa9
What material are the mounts made out of?
6061 Aluminum. Sorry thought I mentioned that up top.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I love the level of detail you put into your parts!
Raising the bar again
Old 07-24-2017, 02:37 AM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks spectacular. I can't wait to get one!

Get notified of new replies

To FREE GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount

Old 07-24-2017, 06:13 AM
JSTAN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for the contest.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Racing-Fan
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok I'm in for this. This looks like a very well thought out design. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice pieces! Please enter my name for the drawing. Thanks!

Quick Reply: FREE GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount