C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 heads up repair in SW Florida

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Pjduto
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 heads up repair in SW Florida

I have a 2003 with the dreaded falling heads up display issue. I have talked to two mechanics who work on C5's and they both indicated they would only do the job with a replacement display. Does anyone know a location in SW Florida where they will do the repair you find in the threads of this forum reasonably? Cheapest I found is $600 with replacement of display. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2017, 03:26 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Pjduto
I have a 2003 with the dreaded falling heads up display issue. I have talked to two mechanics who work on C5's and they both indicated they would only do the job with a replacement display. Does anyone know a location in SW Florida where they will do the repair you find in the threads of this forum reasonably? Cheapest I found is $600 with replacement of display. Thanks!
I suspect that most repair shops will want to go with new parts. This is something that you can tackle on your own. Great resource right here -

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-display.html

None of this is super technically challenging. That, and it costs like a buck for the fix... Looking at a number of hours though. I did mine six or so months ago. Paired it with a stereo upgrade, LED upgrade and gauge bezels. While the stereo upgrade was a bit on the pricey side, the LED and gauge bezels are inexpensive and provide a nice look. Think of it as using some of the money you saved on having someone else do the work...
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by unlvrebel
I suspect that most repair shops will want to go with new parts. This is something that you can tackle on your own. Great resource right here -

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-display.html

None of this is super technically challenging. That, and it costs like a buck for the fix... Looking at a number of hours though. I did mine six or so months ago. Paired it with a stereo upgrade, LED upgrade and gauge bezels. While the stereo upgrade was a bit on the pricey side, the LED and gauge bezels are inexpensive and provide a nice look. Think of it as using some of the money you saved on having someone else do the work...
This. It is an easy fix. The tedious part is disassembly of your console and dash to get to the HUD. But you will save a ton of money.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 heads up repair in SW Florida

Quick Reply: C5 heads up repair in SW Florida