My PM box is now empty, sorry

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default My PM box is now empty, sorry

Sorry to those who have PM'd me in the last two days.. Ive have lots of traffic in there.
Bill aka ET
The following users liked this post:
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-27-2017, 02:25 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 535 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Sorry to those who have PM'd me in the last two days.. Ive have lots of traffic in there.
Bill aka ET
My PM box is never full. No one messages me. I must not have any friends (or enemies). So, I say sorry to no one. I have little to no traffic in there!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by BAT
My PM box is never full. No one messages me. I must not have any friends (or enemies). So, I say sorry to no one. I have little to no traffic in there!
When I came here from GM after retiring and at the request of the original owners of this forum, I use to get between 50 and 100 a day... I made it a point to read and respond to each and everyone of them it sometimes took ten hours.. this went on for about ten years. Then is started to slow down... In 2017 I average 5 to 20 a day... in the last two weeks that number has increased, and because I'm not as healthy as I use to, be, I don't often access my email as I once did. Ive had a few dozen emails from the corvette admin about my PM box being filled and the name of the person who Pm'd me. That PM is an automatic scripted response to a filled PM box.. that's happened many times over my 16 years here. Most of those PM's are from people I don't know, not friends just members looking for help.
I also get Pm's from friends about a dozen tenured members who have been here as long as I have. Now for the most part we just text.

Interestingly, I was telling my closest friend here, ED about three months ago that I had not received a single PM all month, but that by the visit count, my profile page was getting 10 to 20 visits daily, and none of those people are people I know.. It always shows the last ten people to visit.

I don't know why the recent influx of PM's are occurring. But My PM box is always open for people who need help.

Its not about friends, I think people are looking for help. Most who PM me start by saying " I value your advice.." People like Patches, Bill Curlee, and a few others who are good resources, see the same thing.
Many times this band of experienced members collaborate or refer a specific problem to another member of this group.

Its not a friends or popularity thing, its an available resource where confidence will drive the PM.

Bill aka ET
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-27-2017, 04:30 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,667 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

I'm glad you are still around
chasboy (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 06:55 PM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,014 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
Me too!
chasboy (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 07:14 PM
I’m Z one
Melting Slicks

Received 242 Likes on 150 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified

Thanks Evil Twin we need more people like you in this world. Friends or no friends I couldn't spend (err...waste) 10hrs of "my" time especially for 10 years reading and answering PM's

P.S. you should have one of those websites where people pay a fee to pick your brain

Last edited by I’m Z one; 07-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Evil-Twin (07-27-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 07:49 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Leader One
Thanks Evil Twin we need more people like you in this world. Friends or no friends I couldn't spend (err...waste) 10hrs of "my" time especially for 10 years reading and answering PM's

P.S. you should have one of those websites where people pay a fee to pick your brain
I'm not looking for any money, I am very comfortable... I came here to give back to the Corvette community for making my career at the Gm Design studio a wonderful experience, and one that I could never call " Work ".

There have been all types of support and a lot of haters... When I retired, I wanted to stay connected.,.,I had tons of insider information about the development of the car.. I had inside contacts to track down and debug any problem.. those ten hours a day were my thank you.. and it was never work.. I enjoyed it all. I'm only here now because God has chosen to allow me to pass my initial expiration date .. which was 2015. IM in remission but no one would be surprised if I passed tomorrow. Ive had a great life a wonderful career, a wife that has been with me for 55 years,.. married for 50. two great kids, one is a doctor the other an engineer like me. 5 grand kids...Ive been very luck, and if I did go tomorrow I would not have felt cheated.,
IM only here now because I don't get around like I use to do... hunting and fishing and doing wild life photography, building guns and knives.. I have lots of hobbies and can still drive my C5, and at 72 I still get wood every time I turn the key... sometimes my wife say " Hey hun, why don't you go out in the garage and turn the key... but that's only when she is feeling frisky.
Bill aka ET
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

When I came here from GM after retiring and at the request of the original owners of this forum, I use to get between 50 and 100 a day... I made it a point to read and respond to each and everyone of them it sometimes took ten hours.. this went on for about ten years. Then is started to slow down... In 2017 I average 5 to 20 a day... in the last two weeks that number has increased, and because I'm not as healthy as I use to, be, I don't often access my email as I once did. Ive had a few dozen emails from the corvette admin about my PM box being filled and the name of the person who Pm'd me. That PM is an automatic scripted response to a filled PM box.. that's happened many times over my 16 years here. Most of those PM's are from people I don't know, not friends just members looking for help.
I also get Pm's from friends about a dozen tenured members who have been here as long as I have. Now for the most part we just text.

Interestingly, I was telling my closest friend here, ED about three months ago that I had not received a single PM all month, but that by the visit count, my profile page was getting 10 to 20 visits daily, and none of those people are people I know.. It always shows the last ten people to visit.

I don't know why the recent influx of PM's are occurring. But My PM box is always open for people who need help.

Its not about friends, I think people are looking for help. Most who PM me start by saying " I value your advice.." People like Patches, Bill Curlee, and a few others who are good resources, see the same thing.
Many times this band of experienced members collaborate or refer a specific problem to another member of this group.

Its not a friends or popularity thing, its an available resource where confidence will drive the PM.

Bill aka ET
You've always been damn decent to me. And I appreciate it.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Bill aka ET
I use my phone to read CF and sometimes click a members name by accident when trying to open a thread and thus visit there page....this also happens with the thanks button sometimes, could account for some visitors .
Old 07-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I use my phone to read CF and sometimes click a members name by accident when trying to open a thread and thus visit there page....this also happens with the thanks button sometimes, could account for some visitors .
Thank you.. its just a curious thing...the visit count.. it shows the number daily.. IM guessing that people who visit my profile page are just curious or looking at my statistics, or are looking for a specific post or thread that I've started. they can accessed through my profile page.
Many who PM me refer to an Old post or thread I participate in and want to ask more in depth questions..
I don't know everything by a long shot and have disappointed many , not being able to help them.. but I have never turned my back on anyone and always gave them a path to find the information they were looking to obtain. Be it another member or another resource.

I am however, an absolute expert in many C5 related issue, but not all by a long shot. Not a know it all as many haters seem to accuse me of being. I only post in threads were I can help, or offer some guidance. I never guess, but can offer opinion.. and Most of all I don't sugar coat anything, if you ask for opinion its going to one that you could take to the bank without wondering if its sugar coated..

I like what I like and will tell you when I don't.. If I tell you I like something its not because I want to tell you what you want to hear, its because I like it. Many hate that position but to me, it does someone a big did-service to tell them something that just isn't true. I see people polishing someone's turd in open forum, then talk about them behind their back in a PM that I might get from someone.

The Idea of telling someone that their something Gawd aweful is nice, because your mother told you to speak nice of people, just does not work with grown ups asking for opinion. If someone asks for my opinion, I'm going to give it to them, if they cant handle the truth that's just a shame.. I tell people to prefix their thread asking for opinion with a " Please tell me what I want to here because I cant handle the truth if it isn't positive "

I battle with some of my closest friends over this issue of honesty vs. sugar coating all the time.

Bill aka. ET
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

It's usually the person who gets offended by someone's honest opinion that annoys me, not the other way around.

The questions are free and so are the answers and..... sometimes you get what you pay for

I learned much about these cars from reading this forum, I stalked many sections before ever joining. I have posted many times to people, "use what you can and leave the rest. If your question is not getting answered or you are getting more feedback than you asked for, don't get angry at the free information, just ask the question in a different way until you get what you need".

Last edited by Forcedvert; 07-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:05 PM
stingray76l82
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Bill aka ET
That's the first place I go when I find a problem I cannot figure out . Thanks Bill from the silent majority. MAGA
Old 07-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
Originally Posted by lewislgZ06
Me too!
Me too

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 07-27-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-27-2017, 11:37 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
You've always been damn decent to me. And I appreciate it.
Thank you.. Ive never come here to fight with anyone, but many haters try to disrespect me for things they find hard to believe. some do not like the attention, and lest face it.. some people appear to Just Be Jealous..

I never start a fight but have no problem defending my self to the point of being banned which has happened many times... I've asked for help many time, but unfortunately it does not come in the moment all the time.. the mods are spread thin, they are for the most part very respectful . I just can not take a lot of disrespect. so many have seen a lot of train wrecks.. at my hand..

I never want this to happen, I never start it... even though IM accused many times. I'm called an old man, which I am , miserable, mean, uncaring, self absorbed, know it all, etc.. but only by the people I have pointed out as a fraud, or someone who gives out bad information. Lots of legends in their own mind have come here, and many have left here. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people still on this forum, who I respect . You can not get away with much here in the form of BS. I have no problem challenging anyone who offers bad information that could potentially hurt other members, that's why one of my very common expressions is.
" Be Very careful who you listen too on this forum."
Bill aka ET
Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-28-2017, 12:25 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

I for one appreciate you being here and all your knowledge. You've been a great asset to this forum and I've learned a lot.
The following 2 users liked this post by mstromquist:
Evil-Twin (07-28-2017), Yello95 (01-14-2019)
Old 07-28-2017, 01:56 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by mstromquist
I for one appreciate you being here and all your knowledge. You've been a great asset to this forum and I've learned a lot.
While I truly do appreciate your candor and support.. this thread, I started was to apologize for not being attentive to my emails.. . or my PM count. I do not want this to become all about me thing or a troll for thank you's etc. ... I just wanted to let those who have PM's me recently and found a full PM box that I have emptied it and they can PM is they need to.

Bill aka ET

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 07-28-2017 at 01:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Evil-Twin:
SG Lou (07-28-2017), Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-28-2017, 11:53 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Nice to see you back Bill.
Oh and BTW: I'm LOVING those Corsa Sports.

Get notified of new replies

To My PM box is now empty, sorry

Old 07-29-2017, 12:24 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by SG Lou
Nice to see you back Bill.
Oh and BTW: I'm LOVING those Corsa Sports.
I recommend them to everyone.. Ive had mine for 17 years, they were called Indy Pace car then. I could sell them tomorrow for 600 or 700 dollars and buy something else. But I'm still loving the sound.. they could not be more perfect for my taste and ear.

Glad you like them too... glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

Bill aka ET
The following 2 users liked this post by Evil-Twin:
SG Lou (07-29-2017), Yello95 (12-18-2018)
Old 07-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

I really haven't had any interaction with ET, but I always appreciate his candor, insight, and knowledge. He doesn't pull any punches and I like that.

Shakey
Evil-Twin (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Thank you , Many people ( My Haters ) confuse, honesty, insight, non-sugar coated advice, to the point, expert advice as being mean, or coming from a self indulgent know it all.... I have no problem defending myself against hostile or disrespectful attacks. I always try to let the Mods take care of things but they are not always in the moment when there is a rolling discussion .
I rarely post in a thread unless I am an absolute expert in that technical aspect. I will offer an opinion when asked... which is way different .its just my opinion. Some people value that opinion, some don't.
Bill aka ET
Yello95 (12-18-2018)

Quick Reply: My PM box is now empty, sorry