C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated with TPSM

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Frustrated with TPSM

Just installed 4 new tpsm on my 06 vert. Tire store who did the install couldn't pair properly. DIC shows two flat tires. Took to another tire store they couldn't pair either. Any suggestions where to take in Southern Calif. or can system be disabled if I can't get working.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Any tire store with competent people should be able to do it. I bought my own Ateq VT5 TPMS reset tool.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
Any tire store with competent people should be able to do it. I bought my own Ateq VT5 TPMS reset tool.

Thanks I might go that route.

Last edited by bikingles; 08-21-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:09 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

I wonder if they are the correct sensors?
The following users liked this post:
Landru (08-22-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 08:17 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bartsky
I agree. If they are new sensors and they are the correct sensors, one of the two tire stores should have easily reset them.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by bartsky

Yes double checked. Bought from Trunk Monkey they are the proper ones according to GM site.
Thanks
Old 08-21-2017, 08:24 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by richhoff
I agree. If they are new sensors and they are the correct sensors, one of the two tire stores should have easily reset them.

Will go to local GM dealer and see how much they will hold me up
for
Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 PM
The Kraken
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bikingles
for
Go to the Chevy dealer you trust. I just put new wheels and tires with 4 new sensors and discount tire tried to pair the car and the car would not accept it. I had to go to the dealer and they charged me $50 bucks to reset them. Work perfectly.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by bikingles
for
The service writer at the Dealer got the tool and did mine for free. I showed him these instructions cause he couldn't figure it out at first.

C6:
The C6 Corvette requires a TPMS reset tool. Excluding some very early production 2005 models, magnets will not work on the C6′s. The TPMS tool is expensive to purchase, but you may order them through a Chevrolet dealer or the Tire Rack, and most well-equipped tire shops will have the appropriate device. Instructions for use are similar to the C5
1. Turn the key to the Accessory position but do not start the car.
2. With the key fob, press and hold the Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously until an audible chirp is heard from the horn.
3. Hold the TPMS tool over the valve stem on left front wheel. You may have to move it around the valve stem to hit the right spot. Press the “learn” (or similar) button on the TPMS tool.
4. When the horn beeps (about 3 seconds later), programming is complete for THAT wheel.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other 3 wheels. The sequence is as follows: Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear.
After resetting the left rear wheel, an audible double-chirp is heard from the horn. This completes the sequence.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:41 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by pjazz
The service writer at the Dealer got the tool and did mine for free. I showed him these instructions cause he couldn't figure it out at first.

C6:
The C6 Corvette requires a TPMS reset tool. Excluding some very early production 2005 models, magnets will not work on the C6′s. The TPMS tool is expensive to purchase, but you may order them through a Chevrolet dealer or the Tire Rack, and most well-equipped tire shops will have the appropriate device. Instructions for use are similar to the C5
2. With the key fob, press and hold the Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously until an audible chirp is heard from the horn.
3. Hold the TPMS tool over the valve stem on left front wheel. You may have to move it around the valve stem to hit the right spot. Press the “learn” (or similar) button on the TPMS tool.
4. When the horn beeps (about 3 seconds later), programming is complete for THAT wheel.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other 3 wheels. The sequence is as follows: Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear.
After resetting the left rear wheel, an audible double-chirp is heard from the horn. This completes the sequence.

Thanks PJAZZ I will take instructions to tire shop as I'm not sure they followed these directions. If not off to Chevy dealer which in my area does nothing for free
Old 08-23-2017, 09:19 PM
bikingles
Instructor

Originally Posted by pjazz

C6:

Just got back from the tire shop that installed the monitors. Showed them your instructions and within 5 minutes it worked. They had no idea what to do. Thanks again for your help.

Get notified of new replies

To Frustrated with TPSM

Quick Reply: Frustrated with TPSM