C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has installed Extreme Dimensions fender flares?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:35 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Who has installed Extreme Dimensions fender flares?

Im considering ordering a set of fender flares from Extreme Dimensions (they are a forum vendor) for my C7. Im looking for a few first hand reviews so if you have them, please chime in! Here is a link to them:

http://extremedimensions.com/2014-20...s-4-Piece.html

I'd prefer not to get into a discussion of "those are ugly" or "just do a widebody kit" so I kindly ask we stick to only info/reviews about the flares.

Thanks!

Ant 🐜
The following users liked this post:
BrunoTheMellow (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 12:26 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

sending you a pm...
Old 09-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I can't give you a first-hand review since I was only aware of this product from your post. However, it looks like a nice, cost-effective solution to adding a little more tire to narrow-body C7s.

The computer-generated images on the website look good, but it would be nice to see real-world pictures of them mounted on a car with wider wheels and tires that fit the flares.
The following users liked this post:
Avanti (03-15-2018)
Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Foosh
I can't give you a first-hand review since I was only aware of this product from your post. However, it looks like a nice, cost-effective solution to adding a little more tire to narrow-body C7s.

The computer-generated images on the website look good, but it would be nice to see real-world pictures of them mounted on a car with wider wheels and tires that fit the flares.
Thats exactly why I am considering them and asking around lol
Old 09-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

I would like to see actual pictures as well. Wonder if the front ones could be a replacement for the spats and splash guards on my Grand Sport? Might look nice painted Carbon Flash.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

wow these actually look really nice. They extend where the body line is, unlike the crap put on the Z06 and GS. Would be perfect for using with the 18x10.5 c5 z06 wheels for track days.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587048065

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 09-03-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:26 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bob Holinski
I would like to see actual pictures as well. Wonder if the front ones could be a replacement for the spats and splash guards on my Grand Sport? Might look nice painted Carbon Flash.
they also have a more expensive carbon fiber version
Old 09-03-2017, 12:47 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Bob Holinski
I think they would be a great solution for replacing the OEM "afterthought" ones

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
wow these actually look really nice. They extend where the body line is, unlike the crap put on the Z06 and GS. Would be perfect for using with the 18x10.5 c5 z06 wheels for track days.
Exactly. Because they use the body line they look very clean. By using these you extend the fenders an extra inch so you can run Z06 wheels on a Z51 and it will look fine. Those are 12" wide!

they also have a more expensive carbon fiber version
I may be doing the CF ones actually. Im in talks with Quik Z06 to order a set..

Last edited by FYREANT; 09-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:02 PM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 215 Posts

I can't speak for this product but I just got the RPI front fender "spats" in Blade Silver to match my car's paint and replace the plain black ones for the front of my GS.
I'll be installing them this week.
They may make rear flares - I don't know.
I put two links in this post.
I can highly recommend RPI - also a forum vendor

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/sear...s&search=spats
https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=317
Old 09-03-2017, 08:37 PM
DSOMDream
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

FYREANT, good luck with your project. hope you have ac in your garage. Warm here in Fl. Paul
Old 09-03-2017, 08:49 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DSOMDream
FYREANT, good luck with your project. hope you have ac in your garage. Warm here in Fl. Paul
AC in my garage?! Hahaha... you funny guy!!

No, unfortunately my garage is regularly like 100+ degrees. Was quite the challenge when doing the full motor build a few months back..

Last edited by FYREANT; 09-03-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mtaxman
I can't speak for this product but I just got the RPI front fender "spats" in Blade Silver to match my car's paint and replace the plain black ones for the front of my GS.
I'll be installing them this week.
They may make rear flares - I don't know.
I put two links in this post.
I can highly recommend RPI - also a forum vendor

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/sear...s&search=spats
https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=317
those look the same as the stock ones but painted. It doesn't flow as well.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:36 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I think they would be a great solution for replacing the OEM "afterthought" ones

Exactly. Because they use the body line they look very clean. By using these you extend the fenders an extra inch so you can run Z06 wheels on a Z51 and it will look fine. Those are 12" wide
my worry would be that you'd have to raise the car quite a bit to not smash the tire onto the fender lip on dips or high G turns. Idk how the front z06/GS fenders are capable of achieving full compression with the wider rubber. The spats only keep the tire from protruding, not widen the outer fender lip. Does the suspension travel angle the top of the tires that far inward that they don't hit the lip? Guess the rear lip would be much more susceptible to getting hit since those are actually widened on the z06/GS
Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

my worry would be that you'd have to raise the car quite a bit to not smash the tire onto the fender lip on dips or high G turns. Idk how the front z06/GS fenders are capable of achieving full compression with the wider rubber. The spats only keep the tire from protruding, not widen the outer fender lip. Does the suspension travel angle the top of the tires that far inward that they don't hit the lip? Guess the rear lip would be much more susceptible to getting hit since those are actually widened on the z06/GS
In my case, my C7 is a drag car. So Im fine with having the rear end up a but for the wider wheels
Old 09-04-2017, 11:06 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

In Carbon Flash these would look very good. Much better than OEM.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:57 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Im considering ordering a set of fender flares from Extreme Dimensions (they are a forum vendor) for my C7. Im looking for a few first hand reviews so if you have them, please chime in! Here is a link to them:

http://extremedimensions.com/2014-20...s-4-Piece.html

I'd prefer not to get into a discussion of "those are ugly" or "just do a widebody kit" so I kindly ask we stick to only info/reviews about the flares.

Thanks!

Ant 🐜
They obviously can't help themselves.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:33 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Can't speak about these specifically, but what I can tell you is:

I've known of ED for a very long time, and they are known for making cheap, ill-fitting FRP products that typically require quite a bit of work (sanding etc) to get them to fit.

This may not be a big deal to you, and/or this specific product may fit ok... I just want to share my experience with the company overall as a heads up.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has installed Extreme Dimensions fender flares?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:48 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
Can't speak about these specifically, but what I can tell you is:

I've known of ED for a very long time, and they are known for making cheap, ill-fitting FRP products that typically require quite a bit of work (sanding etc) to get them to fit.

This may not be a big deal to you, and/or this specific product may fit ok... I just want to share my experience with the company overall as a heads up.
Whats your opinion on their carbon fiber stuff?
Old 09-04-2017, 07:30 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Whats your opinion on their carbon fiber stuff?
Same issues from what I've seen, doesn't matter whether it's FRP or CF, the parts typically come from the same molds.

They are a step below Seibon imho and Seibon isn't THAT great. They started up in Cali back in the days when import scene was hot and were known for cheap and ill fitting products. You paid a low price, but ended up paying more to your body shop to make them fit. They were on the bottom of the totem pole.

That being said, we are talking 9+ years ago, but I don't think things have changed much. Who knows, maybe they have started doing more front end fittment testing and are using more accurate molds. Couldn't say.

Me, I wouldn't purchase from them. APR is an example of a good brand that does the due dilligence to ensure fittment before sending to market.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:22 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
Same issues from what I've seen, doesn't matter whether it's FRP or CF, the parts typically come from the same molds.

They are a step below Seibon imho and Seibon isn't THAT great. They started up in Cali back in the days when import scene was hot and were known for cheap and ill fitting products. You paid a low price, but ended up paying more to your body shop to make them fit. They were on the bottom of the totem pole.

That being said, we are talking 9+ years ago, but I don't think things have changed much. Who knows, maybe they have started doing more front end fittment testing and are using more accurate molds. Couldn't say.

Me, I wouldn't purchase from them. APR is an example of a good brand that does the due dilligence to ensure fittment before sending to market.
Hmm. I see.. Unfortunately APR doesnt make anything like this. Hopefully quality has improved, and I will be able to give a good review! Im going to try them either way. If they don't fit well, well then I will have a friend of mine fix them up (he does body work).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has installed Extreme Dimensions fender flares?