Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware... BBB Auto Line is a scam

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:43 PM
detroitguy
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Beware... BBB Auto Line is a scam

I want to take a minute to share my experiences with the hopes of possibly helping some of you great folks in the future.

I purchased a 2016 Corvette in September 2016 and have had nothing but issues with it. Issues range from leaking windows to constant, horrible rattles and squeaks. It's been in for service 50 days. I opened a case with the Better Business Bureau's Auto Line program in May. I had all of the necessary documentation, so I figured things would be a breeze. The process was painfully slow and GM continued to jerk me around before the process gained traction.

June - I finally had my final repair attempt (required under MI law). The dealer validated/duplicated my issues and once again, admitted they did not know how to repair them.

July - My arbitration hearing was held and GM actually sent a rep in person. The arbitrator said this was the first time a manufacturer sent someone in person in his 10 years of doing this. The rep was a jerk. He kept twisting my words and insisting that my issues weren't serious because the car hasn't left me stranded or killed anyone (seriously?). I presented all of my evidence, went on a test drive with the arbitrator, and was told I'd have the decision within a week.

The following week, my case worker told me the arbitrator ordered an inspection to be done by a third party company to truly assess my problems. I thought "great, this will really show him." And that's exactly what happened. The inspector came out and was shocked at the number of issues the car has.

A week later, I got an email with the inspector's report. Just like I expected, he validated/experienced three out of my four complaints. The fourth is weather dependent, so that was fine. I thought "this will be open-and-shut." Boy, was I wrong. My case worker told me I'd have the decision in 1-2 weeks.

Fast forward 6 weeks, I just got the decision today. I asked for updates once every 1 or 2 weeks and was just told "they're working on it." I knew they were screwing with me, but today I found out for sure. The arbitrator's ruling states that GM has 30 days to repair my leaking windows and that none of my other issues constitutes repair. If GM can't repair it in 30 days, then I have to go through the entire hearing process again. Unbelievable.

What a load of crap. Any reasonable person that isn't getting paid off by GM would have ruled in my favor, it's as simple as that. During this whole experience, I've consulted tons of people, including a few attorneys. They've all said how ridiculous this is and if they don't rule in my favor, the BBB process is a complete scam. And now I know that for sure. It was a complete waste of time and energy. I should have filed a lawsuit to begin with instead of going through the BBB shenanigans. Since getting the decision earlier today, I've already spoken to a lemon law attorney for 2 minutes and he assured me this will be an easy win.

Anyway, I hope this post can help someone and stop you from wasting your time with the BBB. If not, then I guess it was a good venting session...lol /endrant
Old 09-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Olden Slowe
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry you're having these issues. Good of you to post a heads up.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:04 AM
yeller z06
Burning Brakes

Received 350 Likes on 205 Posts

That sucks, and it's disappointing to read. Best of luck to you. Sounds like the lemon law is the way to go. You don't need an attorney for that, but at this point, it may not be a bad idea.

I will suggest though, that "rattles and squeaks" may not constitute a lemon. It's a sports car, and they will make noise. Unfortunately. Leaky windows, I don't see why they couldn't have fixed that. They've been making cars with windows for a long time...

I noticed in my last Porsche (911) that the owner's manual specifically states that "squeaks and rattles" are normal sports car behavior. I suspect that they've been sued over that in the past, and that's how they CYA.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

While this is informative, it's not really a transaction to report in this section and there isn't a vendor who might respond.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware... BBB Auto Line is a scam

Quick Reply: Beware... BBB Auto Line is a scam