Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Advice on Handling Dispute with Forum Vendor

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:42 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Default Advice on Handling Dispute with Forum Vendor

Ok, so this is a long story, but I will attempt to shorten it.

I contacted a forum vendor about an item they sold and inquired about turn around time. He told me when I ordered I would have them within two weeks. I purchased them on August 7, 2017. I am a fairly reasonable, understanding and patient person on turn around times so did not contact him until the time had elapsed. I was told at the two week mark they'd ship the following week. On 8-25, I inquired if they had shipped out that week as he had told me they would after my first call at the two week mark. This is when the issues begin. At this point, his contact becomes very slow.

The underlying issue here is we became aware of Hurricane Irma and his location is affected by the hurricane. I contacted several times before Irma hit and he assured me he would get them out before Irma hit. Fast forward to the hurricane making landfall in the states and it affects him.

Keep in mind, had the delivery time he initially advise been adhered to, the hurricane would have never been an issue. However, now we are dealing with the aftermath and I still have not received tracking or my product. He keeps assuring me he isnt avoiding me and promising he will call "tomorrow" yet tomorrow never seems to come. This is about the 4th time since the Hurricane he has told me he would call me the following day only to never receive a followup to find out where the hell my product is. I want to be understanding of the situation, as his business, to my knowledge, was severely affected by Irma, but he claims to have my parts but just needs to get them to the shipping location to get them shipped off.

After promises not kept, even before Irma, now no shipment, very little contact because of Irma and still several followup calls promised and never made, where do I draw the line? I want to be understanding of the hurricane issue, but being unable to make a single call in a 2 week period just tells me it doesnt seem Very important. What say you?

Lastly, a part of me just wants a refund, but this vendor is also the only one that makes the product I want.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:52 AM
Red Devil Z51
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

you are just plain stuck then
Old 09-24-2017, 02:10 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

If the vendor uses a number and a form of composite material in their name,
then, you are in for very long, unpleasant and aggravating experience.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:18 AM
maugust24
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

If you just want a refund call the credit card company you used and tell them you never received your purchase and the vendor is unresponsive. They should be able to cancel the transaction.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

I would cancel the order and get the refund. The Vendor had plenty of time prior to the hurricane to take care of your order. Plus when they did communicate with you it was bs.
They have already demonstrated that you do not matter. When treated like that I take my money elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:16 AM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

You need to share the name brother, while we hope your situation gets resolved we do not want to patronize anyone giving tis kind of a run around to our brothers...get your $$$$ back. If they are giving your this much crap before you get the product what are they going to do when there is an issue with it ??
Not C7 Carbon is it ?....I can tell you a story about them...no more

Last edited by bbrown450; 09-24-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Ridgerunner 7.62
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 19 Posts
Default C-7 Carbon

Promises promises promises but no delivery I canceled my order after three months , promises promises promises but no delivery I canceled my order after three months, nuff said
Old 09-24-2017, 12:44 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Thank you all for responses. I believe I am going to wait til the 60 day mark and then file the chargeback. Just hate that you cant even feel fully confident with forum vendors but nothing is guaranteed and I understand that with my 17 years of law enforcement experience.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:49 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

After 30 years in law enforcement I hardly trust anyone!
Old 09-24-2017, 12:54 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

If it g3carbon you are in for a long wait and many broken promises. Call the credit card company and get a charge back. When I buy on line I always use my Penfed credit card as they will refund immediately and deal with the vendor on their end.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
I would cancel the order and get the refund. The Vendor had plenty of time prior to the hurricane to take care of your order. Plus when they did communicate with you it was bs.
They have already demonstrated that you do not matter. When treated like that I take my money elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:11 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

I have a different view! Don't care who it is but sounded like their plan was to ship not knowing it would be a major unanticipated problem and they overpromised.

Last year we had an unexpected dam break which could never have been predicted. Road on both sides of some 30 homes breached! Took two weeks to get one repaired. The other is over the breached dam! I'm the volunteer chair of a subcommittee responsible for getting a new dam, so we get our Lake back! Lots of legal help needed and fortunately one lake home owner is an attorney and pro bono, has done all the work required. Another group has organized getting the funds needed. No way to get money when it's a private lake!

Just got the geotechnical soil survey results back this week. The "dam engineer" or as I refer to him in lake home owner meetings, "the engineer of dams'" still has ~3 weeks to produce detailed plans to go out for bids.

Who would think it would take a year to get to this point!

Have no idea what he is facing everyday, nor do you!

Last edited by JerryU; 09-24-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Given that no vendor name has been provided by the OP, this is not a Transaction Feedback thread, just a conversation with people guessing at it.

If the OP would like to provide who we are talking about I will add it here, or if the vendor would like to respond as is his right, or if some resolution between the parties occurs, please PM me and it can be added.

NOTE: reopen to add vendor name.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-24-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:14 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Ok, so to keep within forum rules, I have to add vendor name. The vendor is G3 Carbon and Alan is the one I have been dealing with most of the time. Again, I want to be understanding of the hurricane, but had he not overpromised the hurricane would have never been an issue.

At one point, he did say he was going to refund the money and I told him Id like the parts, but since that exchange, he has promised to call me 4 times, never having called even once.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:18 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JerryU
I have a different view! Don't care who it is but sounded like their plan was to ship not kowing it would be a major unanticipated problem and they overpromissd.

Last year we had an unexpected dam break which could never have been predicted. Road on both sides of some 30 homes breached! Took two weeks to get one repaired. I'm the volunteer chair of a subcommittee responsible for getting a new dam, so we get our Lake back! Lots of legal help needed and fortunately one lake home owner is an attorney and prpbono, as done all the work required. Another group has organized getting the funds needed. No way to get money for a private lake!

Just got the geotechnical soil survey results back this week. The "dam engineer" or as I refer to him in lake home owner meetings, "the engineer of dams'" still has ~3 weeks to produce detailed plans to do out for bids.

Who would think it would take a year to get here!

Have no idea what he is facing everyday, nor do you!
I agree to some extent, had it been the hurricane issue alone and it happened within the 2 week time frame originally promised, no problem. But we were at 4 weeks by the time the hurricane hit.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:14 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

My experience with Alan is that he plain out lies about what the story is. I did end up getting my diffuse from him after 6 months and him refunding 50%.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:43 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,495 Likes on 1,892 Posts

I'd rather not "troll" here, so I'll PM you.

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on Handling Dispute with Forum Vendor

Old 09-25-2017, 11:56 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Update on Situation:

I have contacted Discover and filed a chargeback. I called numerous more times and Alan never answered any of my calls. I've also sent numerous emails with no replies in the past week.

I sent an email this morning and advised I had filed a chargeback. Ironically, he now has the time to almost immediately respond and tell me he called Saturday and it just rang and rang.....Sure he did.

Regardless, he has issued a refund and hopefully the issue is resolved once I see the money in my account.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:13 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Yes, he is one of those over promisers. Had he said 2 months I would have been fine, but now he is very responsive to email...yet he plays as if this is all my fault....oh well.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:14 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Funny thing, I ordered the ACS diffuser fins yesterday and they have already shipped.

Quick Reply: Advice on Handling Dispute with Forum Vendor