C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build list rough draft.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:34 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Build list rough draft.

Been researching parts and Ive got some ideas and questions. Motor is completely stock with an A&A Si V2 blower, ARH 1 7/8 headers and LG Big 3 axle back. Id like to get as close to 700whp on 91 octane with meth for now until I get a Y trim.

-TSP LS1 rotating assembly. GM crank, TSP Hbeams, Wiseco pistons, balance with Clevite bearings. Not sure on cc for the pistons?

-TSP 317 heads with ARP head studs. Not sure on cc or single or dual springs?

-Machine my block. Hone w/ torque plate, line hone for ARP main studs, install cam bearings, assemble short block.

-Going to have Cordes Performance spec me out a blower cam.

-Innovators West balancer. Going to keep running the 6 rib for now, but wondering about getting the 8 rib with 10% overdrive to help spin the blower, but still only using 6 ribs. Im running the 3.4 pulley now.

-Alkycontrol. Single or dual nozzle for 700whp?

-ECS stage 1 fuel system. Can I ditch the boost a pump?

-Timing chain. No clue what to get.

-Oil pump. Also no clue what to get.

-Injectors. I think I was on FIC website and I dont think the 60lb injectors I have are gonna cut it. If I remember, I need closer to 75. What brand is good without me going bankrupt?

-Dewitts radiator and fans. (Phoenix, AZ summers are brutal)

Sooooo, thats about all I got now. Got a nice pay increase and am trying to pay down some debt. This will be my reward.

Last edited by ascastil; 10-12-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
Been researching parts and Ive got some ideas and questions. Motor is completely stock with an A&A Si V2 blower, ARH 1 7/8 headers and LG Big 3 axle back. Id like to get as close to 700whp on 91 octane with meth for now until I get a Y trim.

-TSP LS1 rotating assembly. GM crank, TSP Hbeams, Wiseco pistons, balance with Clevite bearings. Not sure on cc for the pistons? I would pick something different, wiseco pistons, callies rods.
keep it stock compression if you're going to run good gas in this thing

-TSP 317 heads with ARP head studs. Not sure on cc or single or dual springs? 700 rwhp no point in porting the heads, only run a 317 if you are staying stock compression in the piston and want to lower it some to make more on 91.

-Machine my block. Hone w/ torque plate, line hone for ARP main studs, install cam bearings, assemble short block. WFO is who we use locally, been using him for 4 years now w/ amazing success

-Going to have Cordes Performance spec me out a blower cam. good call!

-Innovators West balancer. Going to keep running the 6 rib for now, but wondering about getting the 8 rib with 10% overdrive to help spin the blower, but still only using 6 ribs. Im running the 3.4 pulley now. they only do an 8 rib, you can run a 6 rib belt on it no problem

-Alkycontrol. Single or dual nozzle for 700whp? single

-ECS stage 1 fuel system. Can I ditch the boost a pump? yes ditch the bap

-Timing chain. No clue what to get. c5r

-Oil pump. Also no clue what to get. melling

-Injectors. I think I was on FIC website and I dont think the 60lb injectors I have are gonna cut it. If I remember, I need closer to 75. What brand is good without me going bankrupt? FIC

-Dewitts radiator and fans. (Phoenix, AZ summers are brutal) dewitts with the 17'' brushless fan

Sooooo, thats about all I got now. Got a nice pay increase and am trying to pay down some debt. This will be my reward.

I'll respond to each one in bold.

I stock a ton of this stuff btw
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
ascastil (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 04:56 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't use the stock crank for the power levels you want to play at
Old 10-12-2017, 05:34 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leo12
Don't use the stock crank for the power levels you want to play at
I thought the stock crank was pretty stout?
Old 10-12-2017, 05:43 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
I'll respond to each one in bold.

I stock a ton of this stuff btw
So keep the stock compression, run unported 317s, and make more power? Just pick up some used heads, valve job and springs and throw them on? Is this the better choice over my stock 241s then? If so, thatll free up some build cash!
Old 10-12-2017, 06:18 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Is E85 an option for fuel ?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by junk c5
Is E85 an option for fuel ?
It's more like e54 here and inconsistent.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

It's more like e54 here and inconsistent.
Gotcha.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

-TSP LS1 rotating assembly. GM crank, TSP Hbeams, Wiseco pistons, balance with Clevite bearings. Not sure on cc for the pistons?

-TSP 317 heads with ARP head studs. Not sure on cc or single or dual springs?

-Machine my block. Hone w/ torque plate, line hone for ARP main studs, install cam bearings, assemble short block.

-Going to have Cordes Performance spec me out a blower cam.

-Innovators West balancer. Going to keep running the 6 rib for now, but wondering about getting the 8 rib with 10% overdrive to help spin the blower, but still only using 6 ribs. Im running the 3.4 pulley now.

-Alkycontrol. Single or dual nozzle for 700whp?

-ECS stage 1 fuel system. Can I ditch the boost a pump?

-Timing chain. No clue what to get.

-Oil pump. Also no clue what to get.

-Injectors. I think I was on FIC website and I dont think the 60lb injectors I have are gonna cut it. If I remember, I need closer to 75. What brand is good without me going bankrupt?

-Dewitts radiator and fans. (Phoenix, AZ summers are brutal)

So keep the stock compression, run unported 317s, and make more power? Just pick up some used heads, valve job and springs and throw them on? Is this the better choice over my stock 241s then? If so, thatll free up some build cash!

stock crank is perfectly fine for 700 rwhp. I would stay stock compression and do 317 heads if doing pump/meth. if you did ethanol fuel or race gas turn up the compression
The following users liked this post:
ascastil (10-12-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 01:58 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

On the Dewitts website, the 17inch fan is for the C6 radiator. Will the C6 fan fit on the Dewitts C5 shortened radiator for the blower? Or will the C6 shortened radiator with the fan fit in the C5?

I was just gonna get the shortened C5 radiator with the dual fans.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

You're tearing the engine apart changing the internals why not go all the way,i have seen this mistake over and over.I don't know any one that start it out the same way as you and stopped at 700HP and 10 pounds of boost including me, play it safe my friend, do it the first time and you won't have to tear that sucker up again, more money, Good luck to you.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Supporting Vendor

On the Dewitts website, the 17inch fan is for the C6 radiator. Will the C6 fan fit on the Dewitts C5 shortened radiator for the blower? Or will the C6 shortened radiator with the fan fit in the C5?

I was just gonna get the shortened C5 radiator with the dual fans.
they don't list it but I have the part number for it.

Originally Posted by leo12
You're tearing the engine apart changing the internals why not go all the way,i have seen this mistake over and over.I don't know any one that start it out the same way as you and stopped at 700HP and 10 pounds of boost including me, play it safe my friend, do it the first time and you won't have to tear that sucker up again, more money, Good luck to you.
gen iii block will fail before his stock crank will.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:36 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stock crank is perfectly fine at 700... No need to spend the extra if youre staying below 850
Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

And so it begins. 317 heads with BTR 660 springs, titanium retainers. $350, had a 4hr roundtrip to get them though.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:22 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I wouldn't let TSP build my engine....but would love for them to build my opponents engine
Old 10-15-2017, 06:39 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

have you considered the Wiseco Boostline rods?
Old 10-15-2017, 07:28 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

I think I'm going with CPRs suggestion of Callies rods, Wiseco pistons.

Get notified of new replies

To Build list rough draft.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:02 AM
thatguy662
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I’ll second melling oil pump and c5r timing chain.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:50 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

for a budget build on pump gas the 80lb siemens injectors are hard to beat for like $200 or whatever a set costs. I'm sure FIC and ID are higher quality but they're like 5x the price and the 80lb injectors are proven and run great. with pump gas and dual methanol I'm making 900whp on those injectors easily. The one thing with siemens injectors is if you end up using an ls3 or ls7 intake manifold then call Katech and get their oversized injector o rings for a few bucks or you end up with tiny boost leaks at the injectors.

I ran single M15 nozzle at 760whp and then only went to dual nozzle (one M10 and one M15) once was at 850+whp. always worked great.

I would get 8 rib for sure. the belt will last longer and be happier and also then you have that covered up to 850whp and make sure it's all properly laser aligned. also when you add the YSI and shoot for >1k whp all you have to do is add flip drive or whatever. might as well do it now while all apart

I personally know a guy who made >1000whp pretty damn reliably with stock ls1 crank and there are tons of >800whp stock bottom end cars running around, i can't see the stock crank being an issue at anything <850whp personally.

I have dewitts stuff and it will be fine for you but if I was doing again I'd get the D3 fan setup personally.

Cordes knows their shiz but if you're not having them tune this car then I'd recommend changing your mind and having them do it. Having a good tuner is the #1 factor for this to to run good. I learned the hard way. bad tuner nuked my new MTI built 402ci at my first event and that mistake cost me $15k. now with a good tuner been making >900whp for a long time very realiably.

good luck! going to be a ton of fun!!

Last edited by neverstop; 10-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:17 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the advise. Cordes has done work on my Camaro and C5. NicD has done the tuning on both of them also.

Quick Reply: Build list rough draft.