Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:06 PM
n813ca
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating

Has anyone has this installed on their car? I am trying to decide if it is worth the money or not. I have a new Black Z06. Thank you all.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:46 AM
1rawTA
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

A coating is a must.... I Have a product called arctic coating on all my cars. Very happy with it. Makes washing easier and the water just sheets right off
Old 10-13-2017, 08:27 AM
KirkMKIV
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used ceramic pro 9H and I am thinking about selling some organs to coat my other cars with it. It's hands down the best thing I've ever done to the Z.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:46 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have it on my car - the previous owner paid to have it put on....

I think its incredible... I've been very careful not to do anything to damage it - - - - Kind of unnecessarily particular, but Shark Grey doesn't show dirt, so i don't have to do it a lot... 1.) power wash off dirt/dust/etc... 2.) foam cannon soap and power wash off... 3.) two bucket method wash with grit guards in each bucket, 4.) use a leaf blower to blow dry the car instead of towel dry...

So, i told you that to tell you this... the coating is incredible at how everything just comes right off... i really don't even feel like i have to bucket wash, b/c everything comes right off with the power washer... and the shine is incredible... car looks perfect every single time - - - it is great getting that "just buffed" look every single time you wash the car....

That being said, I'd probably never spend the money on it if i were spending my own money... its crazy expensive (though not has expensive as Xpel - but also doesn't provide the paint chip protection that Xpel offers)... However, i sure do love having it...

With the way black paint shows swirls and imperfections so easily though, it might be a worthwhile investment, no longer having to polish the car regularly to keep it beautiful...

tough call for sure.

Last edited by SonofaBish; 10-13-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Z06-MAN
Racer

Received 675 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
I have it on my car - the previous owner paid to have it put on....

I think its incredible... I've been very careful not to do anything to damage it - - - - Kind of unnecessarily particular, but Shark Grey doesn't show dirt, so i don't have to do it a lot... 1.) power wash off dirt/dust/etc... 2.) foam cannon soap and power wash off... 3.) two bucket method wash with grit guards in each bucket, 4.) use a leaf blower to blow dry the car instead of towel dry...

So, i told you that to tell you this... the coating is incredible at how everything just comes right off... i really don't even feel like i have to bucket wash, b/c everything comes right off with the power washer... and the shine is incredible... car looks perfect every single time - - - it is great getting that "just buffed" look every single time you wash the car....

That being said, I'd probably never spend the money on it if i were spending my own money... its crazy expensive (though not has expensive as Xpel - but also doesn't provide the paint chip protection that Xpel offers)... However, i sure do love having it...

With the way black paint shows swirls and imperfections so easily though, it might be a worthwhile investment, no longer having to polish the car regularly to keep it beautiful...

tough call for sure.
I coated my Z myself using CQ ceramic quartz off of Amazon. Around $150 for all the product and 10 hours to do the entire process on the car including the rims. All of the comments above are correct, great investment especially on a black car.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:26 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Love the ceramic coat on my car but it sucks I need my roof panel replaced by GM becuase the paint is bad so I'll lose the ceramic coated roof.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

I got mine ceramic coated with 500 mikes on the car, a year later and the water adhesion on the car when I wash it is literally as if I just waxed my
csr, I don’t even wipe my car down with a towel to dry it, I blow it with a leaf blower and it just shoots right off. Pretty amazing, I’d recommend it.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:13 PM
ChrisG23
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by n813ca
Has anyone has this installed on their car? I am trying to decide if it is worth the money or not. I have a new Black Z06. Thank you all.
Theres a lot of false hype around this product right now. What ceramic pro does is offer a very limited level of protection, but makes cleaning much easier. The much easier cleaning helps avoid swirls and light scratching from the car wash.

A better product for paint protection is xpel. Xpel offers a high level of scratch and chip protection. Unfortunately it's even more expensive that ceramic pro.

The most ideal thing to do is get the car covered in xpel for paint protection, and then get it covered in ceramic pro. This gives you the best atributes of both products. But your then looking at about $6500 bill.

Last edited by ChrisG23; 10-13-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:32 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ChrisG23
Theres a lot of false hype around this product right now. What ceramic pro does is offer a very limited level of protection, but makes cleaning much easier. The much easier cleaning helps avoid swirls and light scratching from the car wash.

A better product for paint protection is xpel. Xpel offers a high level of scratch and chip protection. Unfortunately it's even more expensive that ceramic pro.

The most ideal thing to do is get the car covered in xpel for paint protection, and then get it covered in ceramic pro. This gives you the best atributes of both products. But your then looking at about $6500 bill.
You could run into the problem of bad install with xpel like I'm dealing with... Lint and lifted edges all over.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:42 PM
ChrisG23
Advanced

Very true. You must research your installer thoroughly.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I recommend someone who can install Feynlab Self Heal nano ceramic coating.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 PM
boogieman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's definitely worth it! As the previous post stated, make sure your installer is experienced. I said I would never get another black car if I were to buy another car. Did not want to be a slave to the black, but getting it done has changed my mind. No more worries about scratching the finish on the car , never have to wax either. I did the Suntek with the Ceramic Pro...Some go with Xpel or other options and coatings, I recommend you do your research and make a choice one way or the other. For a black car this paint protection is a must ....

The following users liked this post:
V Vette (02-03-2019)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
ChrisG23
Advanced

That looks amazing boogieman
boogieman (10-14-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

agree...but im using xpel and ceramic pro
Attached Images  
The Yav (10-14-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 10:47 PM
ChrisG23
Advanced

Originally Posted by blown81bu
agree...but im using xpel and ceramic pro
That's the combo I'll be going with in spring.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:04 AM
ChopperDan64
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I did XPEL on the front 1/2 of my car and around the wheels. Installer did a fantastic job. He also recommended this ceramic overcoat by Esoteric:
. This is an amazing product, a little goes a long way, works great on both XPEL and standard paint, and the shine is better than anything I've seen. Worth a look.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Ceramic coatings are great. A friend of mine owns a detail shop and has worked with Ceramic Pro, C Quartz, and Gyeon Quartz and found Gyeon to be better than the other two. I use the Gyeon and when compared to cars he’s done with the others it flat out last longer and works better. The others aren’t trash however cause they work good.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating

Old 10-15-2017, 01:07 AM
RWSjr
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Gtechniq crystal serum light topped with Exo v3 is a way to go if your a do it yourselfer. Goes on pretty easy and by what i've researched lasts for 5 years. I like the gloss and hydrophobicity it has.
There are longer lasting products, but for the $$$ and ease of applying it was an easy choice... my $.02
Old 10-15-2017, 01:48 AM
SMFCPACFP
Safety Car

Received 101 Likes on 39 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I have 21,000 miles on my car and upon cursory review, I see no major ugly scratches which these after market, alleged protection schemes are supposed to protect you from. I see more complaints from application failures, than from long term successes. What will a few years of sun bleaching do to them?

I use a wax protection schema annually and get rave reviews from people who see my car.

Don't be one of the fools.

Last edited by SMFCPACFP; 10-17-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:10 AM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP
A fool and his money are soon parted.

I have 21,000 miles on my car and upon cursory review, I see no major ugly scratched which these after market, alleged protection schemes are supposed to protect you from. I see more complaints from application failures, than from long term successes. What will a few years of sun bleaching do to them?

I use a wax protection schema annually and get rave reviews from people who see my car.

Don't be one of the fools.
Sir you may be correct in some respects but unless you have large splash guard the wide part of the front of your rear fender will get chipped up over time. Unless you have figured out a way to never pick up a rock in your soft tires.

My new 2017 got a rock chip on the front the second week I owned just above the splitter before I could get the front end Expeled.

I had the product on my 09 Cyber/Grey Z for 8 years and it never dulled or yellowed.

It is expensive but worth it to me.

Continued good luck with yours.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating