Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Vengeance or LMR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:06 AM
James Salinas
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vengeance or LMR?

Hey guys... I'm wanting to get either the stage 5 from Vengeance or the Slayer package from LMR. The Vengeance package is 3k more with only 5hp difference. Just wanting to know if any of you have had any dealings with either company and the pros and cons of both. Also if there is another performance company that sells turn key packages I'd be glad to get info. Thanks
Old 10-18-2017, 06:53 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We appreciate you considering Vengeance Racing for your ZR1 build and happy to help with any questions that you may have. There are quite a few differences in the two packages that you are considering. FWIW, ours does offer CNC ported cylinder heads, a 102mm "boosted" throttle body, and larger injectors which makes up a bulk of your difference in pricing that you are seeing. We are a bit conservative on power ratings as well. My direct contact is david@vengeanceracing.net and again I am happy to help with any questions that you may have or additional details that I can provide for you!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:15 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Ron and crew are a good bunch of guys. If I lived closer to Ga I would have had them work on my current 08Z... Instead, I purchased one of their cams, supporting mods and had my local shop install tune. I could not be happier w results.

These guys also spent hours on my C5Z06 here in Dallas at a previous WGF event and I wasn't even a customer at the time. Don't hesitate to reach out to them for your ZR1..Just my opinion.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:00 AM
96LT4
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Former Moderator
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
CI3 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

As stated above, Ron and his crew have it going on! They did the work on my 2013 427 convertible, and I am in love with that car.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:09 PM
Yaya CustomSeat
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should check out Kong performance, greg is great guy and will take care of you any time of the day if you had any questions. I feel like greg knows zr1s better then anyone else out there and can walk you thru it and see what you really want on your build. Money wise and power wise. He did my car and my cousins and we are both happy. Going back to him this winter for more work.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:14 PM
B-Sizzle
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard great things about both shops so I don’t think you could go wrong either way. I would highly recommend reaching out to Greg at Kong Performance at least for some free advice (
Facebook Post
). I’ve been working with him for 2 years on my car and he is a wealth of knowledge. They’ve saved me $1,000’s and headaches on my build. His cars virtually hold every LS9 record and he can help you plan you build based on your budget and goals, and also help you future proof as you go. They offer the best brick modification, blower porting, and remote tuning services in my opinion.

He’s a video of my car from last weekend. It was way down on power due to a partially seized power steering pulley (which fully seized and killed the engine on the next run).

No matter which way you go you’re going to have some real fun

Last edited by B-Sizzle; 10-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:18 PM
hammy_zr1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would hit up Greg Kong from Kong Performance on Facebook. Down to earth guy and knows the most about the ZR1 from what I’ve seen. Plus he’s helpful in regards to any questions you have. And probably be a less hefty price tag.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Proto X
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hammy_zr1
I would hit up Greg Kong from Kong Performance on Facebook. Down to earth guy and knows the most about the ZR1 from what I’ve seen. Plus he’s helpful in regards to any questions you have. And probably be a less hefty price tag.

No better results than Kong Performance
Old 10-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Bolt-OnZ
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 Kong
Old 10-20-2017, 12:00 AM
James Salinas
Heel & Toe

Thanks everyone.. I will check with Kong and see what suits me best.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 AM
James Salinas
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by B-Sizzle
I have heard great things about both shops so I don’t think you could go wrong either way. I would highly recommend reaching out to Greg at Kong Performance at least for some free advice (https://m.facebook.com/KongPerform/?...&source=result). I’ve been working with him for 2 years on my car and he is a wealth of knowledge. They’ve saved me $1,000’s and headaches on my build. His cars virtually hold every LS9 record and he can help you plan you build based on your budget and goals, and also help you future proof as you go. They offer the best brick modification, blower porting, and remote tuning services in my opinion.

He’s a video of my car from last weekend. It was way down on power due to a partially seized power steering pulley (which fully seized and killed the engine on the next run).

https://youtu.be/eEfdpZq-enU

No matter which way you go you’re going to have some real fun
Love your car.. That thing is moving

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance or LMR?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Vengeance or LMR?