Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: 3" Axle Back Exhaust

Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM
bpbailey2010
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Axle Back Exhaust

I have Kooks long tube headers and plan on purchasing the kooks 3"x3" catless mid pipe.
All i cant seem to find is a decently priced 3" axle back system. All I am looking for in the exhaust is good quality sound and 4 exhaust tips.

Suggestions are also appreciated.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Highroller101
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a catted x pipe 2.5”?
i have a 3” x pipe with empty cats and a 3” axle back to match. I’d swap with you if you cover shipping. Stainless works is the brand.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:28 PM
MAJ_Charlie
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I also went with the Kooks headers, x-pipe and mids (3" all the way). The only choices out there at the time were for 3" axle back were LG Big 3 (which I have) and Kooks 3" exhaust (way overpriced IMHO). I ended up fabricating a 3" axle back that resembled the sound of GHL Bullets (owned them too, but was only 2.5"). I came up with two different configurations...a "race" exhaust using Magnaflow 6" race bullets and a version using 14" Magnaflow bullets. Here's a couple of clips.

This one is with the LG Big 3.

Highroller brings up a good point. Are you looking to go 3" all the way? I had the Kooks 3 x 2.5 mid pipes before I did this last build. Sounded great with the GHLs and the MAM Quad Power exhaust. The current Kooks design chokes down to 2.5" a couple of inches prior to the OTA connections. At the time I was running their 1 7/8 headers on a built LS6 and we put down 530/485. Feel free to contact me and I'll share what my results have been with each exhaust I've used.

Last edited by MAJ_Charlie; 10-22-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:45 AM
bpbailey2010
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Highroller101
Do you have a catted x pipe 2.5”?
i have a 3” x pipe with empty cats and a 3” axle back to match. I’d swap with you if you cover shipping. Stainless works is the brand.
I am planning to keep my current exhaust to go into my uncles corvette, he is trading me a set of coil overs and interior parts for my exhaust and a few other parts from my car.

Originally Posted by CPT_Charlie
I also went with the Kooks headers, x-pipe and mids (3" all the way). The only choices out there at the time were for 3" axle back were LG Big 3 (which I have) and Kooks 3" exhaust (way overpriced IMHO). I ended up fabricating a 3" axle back that resembled the sound of GHL Bullets (owned them too, but was only 2.5"). I came up with two different configurations...a "race" exhaust using Magnaflow 6" race bullets and a version using 14" Magnaflow bullets. Here's a couple of clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4n7qQkjiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmp23h1aOU

This one is with the LG Big 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkiqYW-_P0

Highroller brings up a good point. Are you looking to go 3" all the way? I had the Kooks 3 x 2.5 mid pipes before I did this last build. Sounded great with the GHLs and the MAM Quad Power exhaust. The current Kooks design chokes down to 2.5" a couple of inches prior to the OTA connections. At the time I was running their 1 7/8 headers on a built LS6 and we put down 530/485. Feel free to contact me and I'll share what my results have been with each exhaust I've used.
I think I'll have to give the custom exhaust a try, it sounded great in the videos. I mentioned it in the PM but my car is currently stock aside from a cold air intake but before it gets too cold I am trying to get full 3" exhaust on the car because in March 2018 I have an ls3 that is going to get put in the car and a supercharger should be following it in May 2018 if everything goes smoothly.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 AM
MAJ_Charlie
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds like a plan

Replied to your PM.

Last edited by MAJ_Charlie; 10-23-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 3" Axle Back Exhaust

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: 3" Axle Back Exhaust