Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

X-pipe wait time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Beef97
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default X-pipe wait time?

Just wanting to get some feedback from anyone who's bought a kooks catted x pipe from any dealer. I ordered a Corsa muffler, kooks header/xpipe package back in May and have received all of it except for the x pipe. Even had the headers coated and they've been here for a couple of months. Still no x pipe......I've been sending emails weekly asking for updates and getting nowhere. I'm wondering if kooks maybe doesn't make many of them and it's not the dealer's fault? I asked if he would send it to get ceramic coated at no charge for having to wait this long and he agreed. Also told me that it would add 2 weeks to the time i'd have to wait.....that was 3 weeks ago. I don't want to complain if it's not his fault (as in possibly it's a low production part from kooks) but I feel like waiting 5 months for any part is crazy. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 10-21-2017, 08:36 AM
86SC
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

when i ordered my coated kooks headers i received the x pipe around 5 weeks out the headers a few weeks later.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:39 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Beef97
Just wanting to get some feedback from anyone who's bought a kooks catted x pipe from any dealer. I ordered a Corsa muffler, kooks header/xpipe package back in May and have received all of it except for the x pipe. Even had the headers coated and they've been here for a couple of months. Still no x pipe......I've been sending emails weekly asking for updates and getting nowhere. I'm wondering if kooks maybe doesn't make many of them and it's not the dealer's fault? I asked if he would send it to get ceramic coated at no charge for having to wait this long and he agreed. Also told me that it would add 2 weeks to the time i'd have to wait.....that was 3 weeks ago. I don't want to complain if it's not his fault (as in possibly it's a low production part from kooks) but I feel like waiting 5 months for any part is crazy. Any feedback would be appreciated!
I think I know exactly what dealer your talking about!!!
Old 10-21-2017, 11:31 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Call KOOKS directly and find out.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Beef97
Pro

Originally Posted by saplumr
Call KOOKS directly and find out.
Good idea! I'll call them Monday and see what they say!
Old 10-21-2017, 02:12 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

I wrote them and they couldn't find the order number but when I called the dealer NOT KooKs they didn't seem to happy because that e-mail (to KooKs) caused a bunch of questions. But I'm like the OP I'm at over 4 months as we speak waiting on my catted x-pipe and halltech. I won't say anything else but this is an extreme wait time. When I ordered was told 3 to 5 weeks wait time and now 18 weeks later is BS. Also if I call it's like they are programed to say 1 week or 2 weeks it should be here. I won't say anything else right now or on this thread but people don't now how bad the wait sometimes. I mean yes I saved but hell I could have put back $80 for 3 months and just when and got the headers I wasn't so worried about the CAI. But that's it and from me. I'm out.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:43 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,704 Likes on 2,995 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Let me guess... Maryland Speed? It is not a low production part that Kooks doesn't manufacture very often either, they make them on a daily basis

Last edited by 449er; 10-21-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Beef97
Pro

Yeah I'm not wanting to start anything either I was just wondering if I was alone in this! Looks like I'm not. What could possibly be the holdup? If kooks makes so many of them then WHY are we getting the runaround? I've been hearing "should be this week", "yours is next", "going to have to get it through a different wholesaler" etc each time I send an email.

Last edited by Beef97; 10-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:09 PM
Beef97
Pro

Looks like 3 of us are aware of the problem. Any others?
Old 10-21-2017, 10:16 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

If this is from a certain dealer in Maryland....you all should do a search on ls1tech lots of people have been having the same issues and it's not kooks problem fyi
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 PM
Beef97
Pro

Thanks for the info. Would love to get in touch with some of those guys. Is there anything that can really be done? I’ve never experienced anything near this bad
Old 10-21-2017, 10:45 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Thanks for the info. Would love to get in touch with some of those guys. Is there anything that can really be done? I’ve never experienced anything near this bad
Credit card dispute and recovery.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Credit card dispute and recovery.
email brandon tell him youve opened a dispute eith your credit card company he will reply within minutes, they are the worst vendors online...
Old 10-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Beef97
Pro

I'm taking notes!!!!
Old 10-22-2017, 09:29 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,704 Likes on 2,995 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

My understanding is that they wait until they have enough orders to get the manufacturers discount, the reason for the delay
Old 10-22-2017, 10:09 AM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

That is what I have come to understand as well judging by the other threads in which case that's a poor business practice without telling customers
Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 449er
My understanding is that they wait until they have enough orders to get the manufacturers discount, the reason for the delay
I can understand that but at what point is long enough, long enough. The OP has 5 months going on 6 months and I'm at 4 months going on 5 months waiting. An I wouldn't have a problem if it was told to me and I asked what would be the wait time. An was told 3 to 5 weeks. So to me if you don't know say you don't know or it depends on other things or just say hey when I get enough orders and then say it could be 2 months or it could be 8 months then I would make a decision then and say he don't know so either I buy or don't buy but I feel they hold that back because they don't want to miss a sale. It could be that I ordered in the middle of summer so everybody already had their stuff and was a bad time for what he's doing. I know a lot of people jump to their the vendor side but not everyone sees the more extreme side when it goes sideways most like be patient and I think I am but anything over 2 months is a long time when your told 3 to 5 weeks. They a great price but is it worth it if you have to wait close to 6 months if not more ya know. I've talked to another member and he said his friend waited 8 months. At some point you would think hey I've got to get this out. But that's just me. I'm not debating what you said either but good point.

Get notified of new replies

To X-pipe wait time?

Old 10-22-2017, 10:14 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redbird555
That is what I have come to understand as well judging by the other threads in which case that's a poor business practice without telling customers
I have the headers got them at the 1.5 month mark but still waiting the X-pipe and CAI which has been over 4 months since I placed the order.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jaybee924
I have the headers got them at the 1.5 month mark but still waiting the X-pipe and CAI which has been over 4 months since I placed the order.
everybody should call there banks and file claims against this guy...this has been going on forever! he takes everyones money then when he feels like it delivers a product and not without a fight! we should make it known for future customers to not order from them, i had a issue with them on a monster clutch i ordered...finaly the owner of monster clutch stepped in and got me my clutch and dropped marylandspeed as vendor! if i was any of you guys i would email them 1 last time telling them you have been patient but its been to long and cal your credit card company and tell them the story, the credit card company told me i would have my money back within 10 days....
Old 10-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Eth
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555
Previous posts have said he is behind on payments to suppliers and dropped by some. Risks of internet purchases. This hurts the reputable sellers on the Forum.

Last edited by Eth; 10-22-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: X-pipe wait time?