C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:28 PM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get the ball rolling and announce that we're starting development on a performance radiator for the C6 'Vette. We'll be really kicking things off on Friday with a Z06 coming in for a closer inspection from our engineers.

I'll be your guide through the project and make sure that I post updates as we go, and we might also need to check out some of the other trim levels as well, so drop me a line if you're willing to loan us your Corvette and are in the Delaware/Philly/Maryland area.

Feel free to ask any questions or drop any suggestions you might have!

-Nick
Old 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM
2012widebody
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Outstanding information! I will most definitely purchase one for my car.
I installed a Mishimoto radiator in my 2006 Gto and I absolutely loved it.
Thanks for putting forth the R&D.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:59 PM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

market is there for a z06 radiator for us centri supercharger guys that show on street/traffic performance. especially here in south where it high humidity and temps
subscribed for future reads

Last edited by gameover4; 10-31-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:00 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Sub'd
Old 11-01-2017, 09:26 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2012widebody
Outstanding information! I will most definitely purchase one for my car.
I installed a Mishimoto radiator in my 2006 Gto and I absolutely loved it.
Thanks for putting forth the R&D.
Absolutely! And glad to hear you positive feedback about the GTO rad as well!

Originally Posted by gameover4
market is there for a z06 radiator for us centri supercharger guys that show on street/traffic performance. especially here in south where it high humidity and temps
subscribed for future reads
I would actually be interested to see how your intercooler piping runs so we can make sure that our rad will still fit with no problem

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Sub'd

-Nick
Old 11-01-2017, 10:03 AM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

i would think a notch in the radiator for sc inlet to keep full size radiator best suited for cooling.
dewitts makes a 2" cutdown version but it only offers equal performance or less cooling down here
Old 11-01-2017, 01:22 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get the ball rolling and announce that we're starting development on a performance radiator for the C6 'Vette. We'll be really kicking things off on Friday with a Z06 coming in for a closer inspection from our engineers.

I'll be your guide through the project and make sure that I post updates as we go, and we might also need to check out some of the other trim levels as well, so drop me a line if you're willing to loan us your Corvette and are in the Delaware/Philly/Maryland area.

Feel free to ask any questions or drop any suggestions you might have!

-Nick
Hi Nick quick question do you know how many fins per inch in the cores thanks, Dave.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gameover4
i would think a notch in the radiator for sc inlet to keep full size radiator best suited for cooling.
dewitts makes a 2" cutdown version but it only offers equal performance or less cooling down here
Good to know, we'll definitely keep that in mind once we start the design process!

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Hi Nick quick question do you know how many fins per inch in the cores thanks, Dave.
We don't have the specifics of the design just yet, but I'll keep you posted on that in the coming weeks! Our engineer is doing some preliminary research before our loaner Z06 comes in on Friday morning.

-Nick
Old 11-01-2017, 04:04 PM
no0one718
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

excited to see the c6 z06 radiator. i had one in my wrx for years great product.

Last edited by no0one718; 11-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Definitely in on a full sized version that will accommodate centri blower kit
Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Plenty of good radiators out there now. What will make this better than one of the other 4-5 great radiators already out?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:26 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by no0one718
excited to see the c6 z06 radiator. i had one in my wrx for years great product.
Glad to hear it! We hope to see a Mishi rad on your C6

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Definitely in on a full sized version that will accommodate centri blower kit
We're definitely keeping that in mind. While our loaner doesn't have a blower, we 're going to keep our eye out for one in the area. If anyone has photos of their setup, we'd be glad to take a look!

Originally Posted by Unreal
Plenty of good radiators out there now. What will make this better than one of the other 4-5 great radiators already out?
Not being the first to market actually has some advantages. We have the time to get a full view of the market, and buckle down with our testing. Our engineer is only getting started, but I'll keep you updated on the improvements we're making to the C6 aftermarket radiator market

That being said, our loaner is here! While I've had the opportunity to drive a few other muscle cars out there, I've admittedly never had the chance to be behind the wheel of a Corvette, let alone the Z06. This particular C6 belongs to a friend of mine who graciously let me do the transport to our HQ this morning. Simply put, what a remarkable machine, and she's quite the looker:

Looking forward to more updates!

-Nick
Old 11-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Honestly the people asking for a blower setup, all you have to do is cut down the core 2", and blowers all fit factory radiators, or full size dewitts/rondavis/lg/RSD/etc they just think they need a 4" inlet for some reason, even though inlets on most blower kits will make 1100+rwhp with ease. It just makes putting the inlet on easy with a shorter radiator, at the expense of cooling. The market is very small for that, and most people in the know won't touch a cut down radiator as the cars already have massive heat issues.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:56 PM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
Honestly the people asking for a blower setup, all you have to do is cut down the core 2", and blowers all fit factory radiators, or full size dewitts/rondavis/lg/RSD/etc they just think they need a 4" inlet for some reason, even though inlets on most blower kits will make 1100+rwhp with ease. It just makes putting the inlet on easy with a shorter radiator, at the expense of cooling. The market is very small for that, and most people in the know won't touch a cut down radiator as the cars already have massive heat issues.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing that info with us, I'll make sure to hand that off to our engineer.

-Nick
Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this up and let you know that we haven't forgot about you!

We have a preliminary design in the works and we're currently waiting on the first production sample. I'll be sure to keep you updated once we make some more progress

-Nick
Old 02-22-2018, 07:37 PM
2012widebody
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Nick!
I am looking forward to installing one of your radiators in my GS.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Are you going to offer radiators for the various trims of the C6?
Base
Z51 (would need transmission and oil cooling built in)
Z06/GS (would need transmission cooling) - depending on year

Get notified of new replies

To Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 PM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Are you going to offer radiators for the various trims of the C6?
Base
Z51 (would need transmission and oil cooling built in)
Z06/GS (would need transmission cooling) - depending on year
We are planning on having our design fit all of the C6 trims! I was just asking our engineer about this, and we'll definitely look into those coolers and double check that it's not something we missed!

-Nick
Old 03-03-2018, 08:31 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

I would also look into fans to sell also. Many of the problems can be attributed to not enough fan power. You guys might want to look at some brushless designs since that area is not as crowded as the others (you can buy regular fans in lots of places - your nothing new there).
Old 03-08-2018, 09:26 PM
no0one718
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd also love to see brushless fans with a nice shroud. The fan connector is a common source of issues on c6, so an upgraded plug assembly would be a good bonus.

I'm collecting parts to run an air/air trans cooler at the rear of my c6 z06, so I'd like option to get a c6 radiator with no extra coolers.

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread