Sponsored by:

Dash leather issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
RDCEP!
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash leather issue

I have a 2014 Z-51 convert. I am not sure of the cause but the top of the dash has started with 20 or so small circles in the leather. The same thing happened to the drivers door and I replaced the leather. Any ideas?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

There are a few threads on this. The adhesive fails and the leather begins to part away from the dash. Do you have a 3LT? Replacement is expensive unless you're under warranty still.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:26 AM
RDCEP!
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
There are a few threads on this. The adhesive fails and the leather begins to part away from the dash. Do you have a 3LT? Replacement is expensive unless you're under warranty still.
I have a 2LT and I am just out of warranty. I am waiting for the answer from GM on this issue.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That sucks. Hopefully GM will do a good will replacement. No way that should be happening on such a new car.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:29 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCEP!
I have a 2LT and I am just out of warranty. I am waiting for the answer from GM on this issue.
Wishing you and me both luck...my 3LT has started doing the same thing too and I also wrote GM about this situation.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Well spouse took my car in to be evaluated on January 8th ( it was about 1 1/2 month wait to get an appointment so I scheduled the local dealership to look at the dash January 8). They took pictures and sent the pictures in to GM to see what,if anything, GM would do since the 3 year 36000 warranty was out on my car (2014 bought in January 2014). My car only has 9600 miles on it so warranty is out on years not mileage .

A few days later GM sent a reply to my local dealership and said they would help with the replacement cost for the part. GM only replaced part of my leather dash ( Spouse told dash comes in five parts and we paid our portion of the cost out of pocket for about $234 ). My spouse took my car back in to the shop as I am still in Central Texas with elderly parents who lost their home and car due to Harvey’s floodwaters.

I asked my spouse to send me pictures of the repair done to my cars dash when picking up my car from the dealership. Spouse sent me the picture of the replaced part but had already left the dealership. I saw a defect in the leather that they replaced on my cars dash so I called my spouse who then took it back to the dealership and showed them what I was talking about.

Dealership service manager agreed that I was right and said the replacement parts should not have been installed in my car and didnt know why service technician hadn’t noticed the problem with the leather replacement parts BEFORE he installed it. Long story short, they kept my car and reordered the part. I have no idea when it will be repaired though, as all the sleet and snow has delayed shipments of anything into the area right now.

Some people might not have cared about that indention across the leather part they installed on my cars dash but I didn’t like it so wanted it done correctly.

How my dash looked in my car

This was how it looked after they replaced the leather

Last edited by AttyVette; 01-16-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dash leather issue

Quick Reply: Dash leather issue