Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Torch Red Top (with wrap)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Torch Red Top (with wrap)

I have a 2LZ torch red top from a 2016 Z06. It currently has a 3M wrap on it. There is no funny business here, with damage under the wrap. I had it wrapped and shortly after found a a really good deal on an exposed carbon fiber top.

This one has been sitting in my office for months and I am tired of it.

Update: No one local appears to want this, so I will sell it for 850.00 shipped to lower 48.

Let me know if you want it.

Last edited by Bullet Tooth; 01-15-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM
51 stovebolt
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm in Texas can you give me a price shipped to 77581 ?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Best shipped price to 89044 (NV) please?

I'm in the opposite boat -- have a TR exposed CF top and looking for a solid TR. Considering just giving up and painting the exposed CF due to the costs involved with swap...LOL
Old 12-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you guys for the interest. I am going to wait a week or so before looking into shipping this thing. I honestly have no idea how to go about even getting a shipping quote for it.

It looks like I try to find a TV box for it and have it packaged and then priced, but I will ask around. I am very hopeful to avoid that process.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

From the looks of this thread, UPS store would be the way to go. Let them deal with packing and shipping it and it is on them if there is damage.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-thoughts.html

I too am looking for a top.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:39 PM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC

...UPS store would be the way to go. Let them deal with packing and shipping it...
UPS Stores are typically Not owned and operated by UPS. They are owned and operated by a franchise owner who charges much, much more than UPS rates, and then also charges a small (or large) fortune to do the packing for you. Everything is marked up quite significantly.

UPS covers damage either way if shipped by UPS, or shipped by The UPS Store. Don't let The UPS Store tell you that UPS won't cover damage unless The UPS Store packages it, that's not true. When you buy insurance for a stated amount, UPS covers damages. Not difficult to wrap with bubble wrap and find a good box, or double box one and ship it properly where it does not get damaged.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 544 Likes on 192 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I would like to remind everyone that UPS does not cover damage under any circumstances, even if you bought “insurance.” If you read the fine print it clearly states something along the lines of “this is not insurance.” They snapped a C7 fender of mine in half and after months of fighting I finally got them to pay half the purchase price. They stated that I should try to collect the other half from the seller since there was no proof it was packed well since they did not pack it.
Pack that thing very, very well, they simply will not pay you for an expensive item like this.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:21 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Packaged properly they do.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:45 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie

Packaged properly they do.
Of course, don't expect them to cover contents of a package not boxed properly. Package it where contents are properly protected, extra cardboard and bubble wrap to protect the corners, etc, etc, and they will cover it, up to the amount of insurance you purchase from them at the time you pay for shipping and they will cover the item contents up to insured amount, or replacement cost, whichever is less.

Use common sense, take photos of the item condition prior to packaging, take photos of it as you package it and box it. Take pics of it boxed up.

Of course, don't expect UPS to cover an item if you as the shipper give them an item not packaged properly to provide protection of the contents. When I shipped tops before I picked up sufficient styrofoam and bubble wrap frome Home Depot to make a box all the way around the edge to protect the edges, and wrapped it in bubble wrap, and then double boxed it in cardboard, without incident. If UPS damages a package packaged properly, they will pay for damage, or loss, they cause up to the coverage that is purchased, or the actual replacement cost, whichever is less.
​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old 12-15-2017, 06:42 AM
tpawlak
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful top!

I have shipped several large items with both UPS and FedEx. I could tell you what the terms were I last shipped about 2 months ago but it really would not matter as their terms may of changed. Don't guess. Stop by a branch or just give them a quick call with the ~weight and ~dimensions of item to be shipped and they will explain their coverage.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:21 PM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I have offered to sell and ship this to the first guy that responded. If I don't hear from him soon, I will just move down the list.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Updated price and shipping
Old 01-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Bump for lower price
Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth
Bump for lower price
PM sent..... for a 16?

Get notified of new replies

To Torch Red Top (with wrap)

Quick Reply: FS: Torch Red Top (with wrap)