Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

New Product

Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 741 Likes on 470 Posts

Default New Product

Well just ordered up a new product-Hydrosilex Recharge. Can be a coating topper/extender or a standalone. Looks to be usable on all surfaces, layered for more more protection/shine. Waiting to the manufacturer to return some q's I posed. Can be used over vinyl and or clear film protection.
Stay tuned as I'll post results
The following 2 users liked this post by yamabob:
justplainjim (01-11-2018), ronkh57 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Looking forward to the answers. I ordered some to try out and see how it compares to Kamakaze Overcoat and Polish Angels' Cosmic.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 AM
yamabob
Drifting

From the looks of it, it should arrive today or tomorrow. Here is the response I received

First of all, thank you for trying our Recharge product. Its the first of several to come and our Recharge product is getting rave reviews from the professional detailing industry and enthusiasts such as yourself. Your question was,

"My question is in the layering. What is the recommended time between coats when using as a stand alone? Is there a point where product is just being wasted after how many applications."

Bob, here is my answer on this. Which by the way, this is an excellent question! When we developed this product, we wanted it to have the ability to be layered. The recommended time between coats when using it as a stand alone or even a maintenance coating is 1 week between coats. Using it every week will maintain the durability and in fact has made the effects of Recharge even better when used a part of a regular regimen. It doesn't repel itself and or not take to itself after so many uses, it simply layers and extends the durability and maintains the slickness.

I hope this helps answer your question. I wanted to make something that could be used by everyone. After all, why should pros get to have all of the fun? Thank you for trying Recharge and I hope it gives you the satisfaction that everyone that has tried it so far has certainly found.

Best Regards,

Mike Cardenas
CEO / Founder
HydroSilex Industries
m: 260-418-3715
w: www.hydrosilex.com e: mike@hydrosilex.com
The following users liked this post:
Grzldvt1 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Well I ordered on Thursday and received when I came home Fri night. Package arrived via USPS in a bubble envelope. I opened the package to find this

Ok very plain. I'm ok with that. I'd rather spend on product than fancy packaging.
Before I even made it outside-I decided to apply to my Stainless Steel fridge. A french door so I did one side only at first. While I did not feel any slickness,it did seem to add a richness to it. Time to test. Having boys helps. Asking them to finger print the door( usually that comes as standard for them) I found the treated side was less noticable with prints and wiped off much easier. +1
Being that it is 36 outside it's not ideal temperature conditions. I've been recovering from extensive shoulder surgery and the car is very neglected since Sept. Most if not all the the sealant I applied is gone. I can not get car up my very steep drive so it sits outside 24/7. When healthy I am an avid washaholic. How many washes can your LSP take
So I took some buckets and warm water filled with Duragloss 901 for a wash at the car wash. A thorough pre-soak and a nice wash down and all look ok. No further action as that was more than arm could take. Gentle wipe down with microfiber to dry.This is normally performed with an electric car dryer ( some people use them for leaves-go figure,the nuts) and plenty of Tequilla
I sprayed a small amount ( product not Tequilla) on each panel and wiped down,took a second wipe and made sure all was good.
No streaking at all ( and product went on and off with no effort ( CG V7 Optical comes to mind). There is virtually no smell to the product for the most part. I went over trim-glass,and paint. With the amount used I would venture 25 or more applications.
At first it didn't appear any different. Slicker than before, but not sealant slick. After a couple hours it looks glossier.
Here are a couple pics on my Cyber Gray

Flake looks good and clear

A couple years back I laid down some vinyl on the hood. I had it left over from another job. Typically I would over laminate to add longevity, but not this time. I decided to see how the product look on the matte vinyl . Pretty good

It seemed to add a little luster back to the vinyl.
I will apply another coat in a week to see what it does as far as gloss and slickness . I will be taking my truck and will do a single layer to see how long it holds up.
At this point not a game changer in relation to other's, but an easy to use-very versatile product. For those those looking for quick and easy product to apply and remove-get very nice looks- this may be a great addition to your arsenal.
Remember this is as of a now a stand alone on my vehicle. The gloss level has increased some just by application. It has more of a glass look to it. Paint prep is key to any quality job. In my mind what makes this a nice test is the lack of the prep I would normally do. If any read the response for Mike the founder, i am more than an enthusiast. I started by detailing my boss's collection in '78 ( British Leyland/ Volvo dealer) . Very expensive and rare cars involved. In '83 I started paint race bikes. I maintained a detail sideline since then as my main occupation affords me a very comfortable life. Ron-CMonkey- BudgetPlan -fall into the realm of those whose passion goes above enthusiast. Grzldvt1 as a pro I raise the glass.
I will be applying this to wax's-sealants and some coatings I have to see what improvements or benefits this product brings.

Last edited by yamabob; 01-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by yamabob:
90Fun (01-14-2018), Grzldvt1 (01-15-2018), ronkh57 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 10:25 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Day 2,
Well being that I did not use a gloss meter-I cannot say this is empirical data. However the old eyeball test says the gloss has increased. Similar to PA High Gloss. Reflections are deep and crisp. Again this is with temps of 38 to start and 16 this morning. I now have all my appliances covered and have done a test area in the shower ( These products have more uses than just car paint).
Within the next 24-48 we should be getting some bad weather. I look forward to seeing this in action

The forklift in the paint is about 25' away

Last edited by yamabob; 01-14-2018 at 10:27 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by yamabob:
90Fun (01-14-2018), Grzldvt1 (01-15-2018), ronkh57 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:34 PM
WIC7Diver
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Sure looks shinny! Nice work and great write up.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:50 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Excellent, looks like it brought the flake in the paint out a little bit. Looking forward to trying it.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 878 Likes on 464 Posts

Sure seems to make the gloss pop. Wonder how it performs on lighter colors?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

<--- Interested

WOW! Shiny!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:47 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Originally Posted by WIC7Diver
Sure looks shinny! Nice work and great write up.
Thank you! Not a BudgetPlan write up but the basic facts are there

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Excellent, looks like it brought the flake in the paint out a little bit. Looking forward to trying it.
Thanks
I agree that the flake is popping nicely. She really needs a nice polish as it's been 2 years and she sits outside 24/7. You should enjoy the speed of applying this product

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Sure seems to make the gloss pop. Wonder how it performs on lighter colors?
Hmm-I also have a white car. Going to be very busy over the next month or so but will try to get a panel or 2 on my white and show the results

Originally Posted by ronkh57
<--- Interested

WOW! Shiny!
Wait a minute!!!!! You mean there is a product you don't have yet. Who is this really and how did you hack Ron's account.
Ron, my baby's been very neglected and I applied to get something on her. I usually try to do a real nice winter prep in Nov but am just getting going again. Products like these make life so easy.
Grzldvt1 (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:19 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Did some research and read one person thinks this stuff is the same as Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss. Any chance you tried both? The Adams stuff is about 1/2 price.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 AM
yamabob
Drifting

No. However the Adams is more a spray sealant as opposed to spray ceramic coating. While I've used several Adam's products ( Buttery Wax,Americana,Machine polish) I have moved away from their product line
Old 01-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

I am going to give the Adams stuff a try. Ordered 2 bottles on sale and with shipping it was $30.48. Normally I don't get into stuff like this but my wife's 2017 red Expedition would look great with a shiny finish. I'll post my thoughts after it arrives and I try it.

I take any liquid product claiming to be "ceramic" with a raised eyebrow. Getting a "ceramic" out of a spray bottle just ain't gonna happen.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 AM
yamabob
Drifting

There are liquid nano thermal insulation coatings that are brushed onto surfaces. I'm sure they have the ability to hold the particles in suspension for a car coating. I would think the volume maybe be lower and obviously lower than a traditionally applied coating. Hence the layering properties built in.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

I am trying to compare msds’s on the products. The one from Adams was easy to find but the other one eludes me. I contacted the company and asked them for it. Should be interesting.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Nice. Look forward to what you find
Old 01-16-2018, 05:38 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by yamabob
Wait a minute!!!!! You mean there is a product you don't have yet. Who is this really and how did you hack Ron's account.
Ron, my baby's been very neglected and I applied to get something on her. I usually try to do a real nice winter prep in Nov but am just getting going again. Products like these make life so easy.
Really wish I had the strength/energy to try stuff, even use the stuff I have for that matter.....

I have resorted to bribery to get car cleaned.......

Get notified of new replies

To New Product

Old 01-16-2018, 06:34 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Very effective methods you employ. Love that you are training another round of detailers-to-be.
How are you doing?????
ronkh57 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 06:53 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Inclement weather is upon us. For some reason flash didn't work. This is one coat after a couple days. Before application there was zero beading.

ronkh57 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 02:23 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I am going to give the Adams stuff a try. Ordered 2 bottles on sale and with shipping it was $30.48. Normally I don't get into stuff like this but my wife's 2017 red Expedition would look great with a shiny finish. I'll post my thoughts after it arrives and I try it.

I take any liquid product claiming to be "ceramic" with a raised eyebrow. Getting a "ceramic" out of a spray bottle just ain't gonna happen.
All of the 3 product companies I am testing, have a hydrophobic spray, which is what this company is claiming it is. It does say it is ceramic based.
As an FYI, I, and many others spray Ceramic Pro with an airbrush. A simple brass elbow will allow me to connect a bottle directly to the airbrush. It is very effective on things like a complicated bumper and give a very even coat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product