Sponsored by:

Ground control to..............

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 11:54 PM
dariodelconte
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Ground control to..............

Ok 3weeks into parking the new c7corvette g/s in the heated garage, I finally get the Oppurtunity To sync my car with the garage door opener. After reading The manual that came with my car I Got the Lift master door operator to function. No problem, But Then low and behold I'm getting Phantom openings Uncommanded movement In the open position. Has anybody run into the same situation? It kind of Sucks to come home and find your garage Door wide open
Old 01-17-2018, 02:30 AM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

It looks like you're also getting random un-commanded movements of your shift key.

Does the door open when the car is in the garage, out of the garage, or both? If you're home with the car in the garage, how often does the door open or close?

Do you have another car in the garage when the door is misbehaving?
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 02:35 AM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 362 Posts

No unexpected door openings for me. Additionally, the car opener works better at an angle to the garage than straight in.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:23 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by dariodelconte
Ok 3weeks into parking the new c7corvette g/s in the heated garage, I finally get the Oppurtunity To sync my car with the garage door opener. After reading The manual that came with my car I Got the Lift master door operator to function. No problem, But Then low and behold I'm getting Phantom openings Uncommanded movement In the open position. Has anybody run into the same situation? It kind of Sucks to come home and find your garage Door wide open
I haven't seen this with any Homelink transmitter I have owned. Especially if this hasn't happened before with your door opener, I would suggest clearing the transmitter and re-programming as a first step. (And on the off chance that one of the three Homelink buttons is sticking or somehow otherwise sending a random signal, when you reprogram, do it with a different button.)

Old 01-17-2018, 06:01 AM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Interested to hear back from the OP. My Liftmaster may be doing the same thing, or I'm getting really forgetful and not closing the door when park the car...or...the damn door has a mind of its own
Old 01-17-2018, 07:09 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Major Tom
The following 2 users liked this post by YO-EL:
Gonzo (01-17-2018), Mike Mercury (01-18-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by YO-EL
Major Tom
Old 01-17-2018, 08:20 AM
dariodelconte
Racer

Originally Posted by WelderGuy
It looks like you're also getting random un-commanded movements of your shift key.

Does the door open when the car is in the garage, out of the garage, or both? If you're home with the car in the garage, how often does the door open or close?

Hi, shift key?? Do you mean the car's remote? This only happens when the car is in the garage and only after the 1st time I tried to Sync The motor to the smart button in the back of the Lift master door opener. I do have another car in the garage at the same time But it is only linked to the other operator. At 1st I thought possibly I open the garage door by accident with the wall unit, But this happened 4 or 5 times already
Old 01-17-2018, 08:25 AM
dariodelconte
Racer

Originally Posted by WelderGuy

Shift key? Do you mean the Cars Built-in remote? This only happens when the car is in the garage and this only started happening after I tried to Synchronize the car to the list master smart button This Has happened at least 4 or 5 times on its own. At 1st I thought I might have hit the wall unit by accident But it's not Me or operator error!!!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 AM
dariodelconte
Racer

And yes I do have another car in the garage But it is link only to the other garage Door motor.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:33 AM
dariodelconte
Racer

What I did was unplugged the unit and of this morning I woke up to another 6" of snow outside that's because I bought a new Corvette of course. I will check the remote control buttons In the GS to make sure they're not sticking And erase all the codes and try again, I downloaded the Lift master Fault codes that are indicated by the units Fault light,
Old 01-17-2018, 10:05 AM
super99
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it possible that one of your neighbors was opening or closing their door at the same time you programmed yours? If so, maybe the unit picked up their signal, and now they are inadvertently opening your door too.

I think erasing and re-programming is a good suggestion.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 AM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Hi, shift key??
I meant the shift key on your computer keyboard.

I like super99's explanation and suggestion.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:18 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

i Do this for a living Gate Operators and receivers access control and very knowledgeable with the liftmaster brand there is no such thing as a phantom opening, period ! no manufacture programs the firmware to say open when you want to. that said either when you click your door close and drive away it is being obstructed and reopening or your limits are needing reset and its feeling your floor and reopening and as your drive away your assuming it is closed then when coming back you see it open, down load the My Q app from liftmaster provided your opener is current with the feature and you can keep an eye on it from your cell phone when away and know the status of the door
as for the theory of any one else having a remote to open it is a learn marry system and it cant happen also it only has about a 50' range so your car cant open it from work
Old 01-17-2018, 10:57 AM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

What I did was unplugged the unit and of this morning I woke up to another 6" of snow outside that's because I bought a new Corvette of course. I will check the remote control buttons In the GS to make sure they're not sticking And erase all the codes and try again, I downloaded the Lift master Fault codes that are indicated by the units Fault light,
is that a rolling code opener with learn button?
Is it possible you have another remote some where with button pressed? (this happened to me with one of the original garage remotes stored in a draw)

Last edited by fourmat; 01-17-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Are you sure the door isn't hitting something on the way down causing it to go back up?
Old 01-17-2018, 01:35 PM
dariodelconte
Racer

Originally Posted by super99
Is it possible that one of your neighbors was opening or closing their door at the same time you programmed yours? If so, maybe the unit picked up their signal, and now they are inadvertently opening your door too.

I think erasing and re-programming is a good suggestion.
Hi, I'm in the sticks!!really no close neighbors!!!! only horses.

Last edited by dariodelconte; 01-17-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: note8 doesn't understand my Italian accent!!

Get notified of new replies

To Ground control to..............

Old 01-17-2018, 01:39 PM
birdsong
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

That is odd. I have a Liftmaster garage door opener and in 2 years never had an issue.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:14 PM
dariodelconte
Racer

Originally Posted by birdsong
That is odd. I have a Liftmaster garage door opener and in 2 years never had an issue.
my c 6 sat in the same spot as the c7, over 4 years , and I never had a problem , same lift master door opener.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 PM
dariodelconte
Racer

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
Are you sure the door isn't hitting something on the way down causing it to go back up?
hi, no, door opens up after a few hours after being closed.no wife ,no kids!!

Quick Reply: Ground control to..............