C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 05:36 PM
dannyboytop
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash noise

2007 C6 3LT conv. Have bad vibration in dash when I hit 60 mph. and up when the weather is cold. Will not do it in warm or hot weather. It will also stop the noise when I drive it a while. Only in cold weather. Any thoughts.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:41 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyboytop
2007 C6 3LT conv. Have bad vibration in dash when I hit 60 mph. and up when the weather is cold. Will not do it in warm or hot weather. It will also stop the noise when I drive it a while. Only in cold weather. Any thoughts.
It sounds to me that it could be a front tire issue, either low on air, or out of balance. Are you running GY F1's by any chance?
Old 01-17-2018, 05:50 PM
dannyboytop
Cruising

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
It sounds to me that it could be a front tire issue, either low on air, or out of balance. Are you running GY F1's by any chance?
no firestone fire hawks
Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

There is a known issue of the windshield cowl not sealing up against the windshield and at freeway speeds it causes vibration. The cowl can warped and allow the airflow to go in between the windshield and cowl and vibrate.

Use masking tape and tape down the cowl onto the windshield and see if that stops it. If so, the cowl is warped.

Preferably, replace the cowl or poor man's fix is to apply a clear sealant in between the cowl and windshield.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 01-17-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:47 AM
dannyboytop
Cruising

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
There is a known issue of the windshield cowl not sealing up against the windshield and at freeway speeds it causes vibration. The cowl can warped and allow the airflow to go in between the windshield and cowl and vibrate.

Use masking tape and tape down the cowl onto the windshield and see if that stops it. If so, the cowl is warped.

Preferably, replace the cowl or poor man's fix is to apply a clear sealant in between the cowl and windshield.
Thanks I thought about that and now it makes sense because it only happens when cold weather and not in summer I will try that Saturday morning. I will let you know if that fixes it.
THANKS
Old 05-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by dannyboytop

I will let you know if that fixes it.
THANKS
That was 4 months ago ... You never let us know like you promised.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 PM
dannyboytop
Cruising

Default Dash noise

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
That was 4 months ago ... You never let us know like you promised.
It was cool vibration so I took 3/4” wide rubber tape and ran from one side to other looks factory seal no more noise can,t tell tape is there. Thanks for the help I really have a hard time learning this website. Just give time.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:18 PM
dannyboytop
Cruising

Default Cowl noise

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3

Rubber tape from one side to other looks like factory seal have to look hard to see.Noise gone worked great

Get notified of new replies

To dash noise

Quick Reply: dash noise