Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have to spend another season hacking to watch Weathertech races with no FOX acct

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:14 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts
Default Do I have to spend another season hacking to watch Weathertech races with no FOX acct

So, iirc, several seasons ago you could simply subscribe to IMSA, and watch the race via apps with real time tracking and in-cars and all that fun stuff. Now, due to contractual things with FOX, that (to my knowledge) is no more if you don't have a cable provider.

This really pains the hell out of me. I've not had cable for literally like 7yrs now and I wouldn't even begin to saddle myself with such a worthless product (no offense if you love it...I think it's a tremendous waste). That said...I have to use a proxy, then bounce my stuff out of Chile or Turkey to watch the race. That's fine I guess...but, damn...sure would be nice to able to purchase these races through Amazon or HULU or some damn thing.

Anyone want to rent a race fan a login info or somethin...lol?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

imsa posts on youtube a few days after the race.. the whole thing with no commercials.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:47 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 01-22-2018, 10:41 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Find a good friend or family person and see if they have cable or a Sling account. Bribe them with their log-in into for their cable provider and you're good to go.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:17 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
So, iirc, several seasons ago you could simply subscribe to IMSA, and watch the race via apps with real time tracking and in-cars and all that fun stuff. Now, due to contractual things with FOX, that (to my knowledge) is no more if you don't have a cable provider.

This really pains the hell out of me. I've not had cable for literally like 7yrs now and I wouldn't even begin to saddle myself with such a worthless product (no offense if you love it...I think it's a tremendous waste). That said...I have to use a proxy, then bounce my stuff out of Chile or Turkey to watch the race. That's fine I guess...but, damn...sure would be nice to able to purchase these races through Amazon or HULU or some damn thing.

Anyone want to rent a race fan a login info or somethin...lol?
If you have a firestick or access to one look up Mobdro. It allows viewing of live broadcasts.
The following users liked this post:
KnightDriveTV (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:53 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Even if I had cable here, our provider (tiny thing) doesn't have any of the agreements in place to let us watch.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Suprafied
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SlingTv. Blue package for all Fox Sports. (FS1, FS2)
The following users liked this post:
KnightDriveTV (01-23-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 01:06 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Yeah Timewarner was allowed to merge and Turn into Spectrum. Which in turn passed no features on to consumers. I'm about ready to cut the cord.

Still have FS1 in HD and FS2 in SD. Why fox can't broadcast the entire Rolex 24 on FS1 is beyond me. I'll probably wait to watch the whole race on youtube.

Last edited by pjazz; 01-22-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:06 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
imsa posts on youtube a few days after the race.. the whole thing with no commercials.
Yeah, I catch the sprints that way occasionally but...Daytona, Sebring...terrible.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:02 AM
conradb
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/start/
Old 01-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Daffy2
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the same boat. I used to stream the Rolex 24 on IMSA.com and have all 24 hours on. My family would sleep in the living room and it would be really fun to wake up and watch a little bit, fall back asleep, repeat, all night. Now, I guess I can watch the first 3 hours on fox and that's it. Thanks IMSA! Yes, i can watch it later on youtube but its just not the same.

I would happily pay for the right to stream it, that's what I do with LeMans. I pay the WEC $15 or whatever it is and I've got no problem with that. But if I'm not a FOX Sports subscriber i'm SOL for Rolex and i'm assuming Sebring also.

-Tim
Old 01-23-2018, 10:10 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Find a good friend or family person and see if they have cable or a Sling account. Bribe them with their log-in into for their cable provider and you're good to go.
If I had good friends or any family, I'd be in luck!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:37 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

if you know someone with fios, you can use their login info to stream tv as well

good luck!

Old 01-25-2018, 03:03 PM
BaconWrappedSushi
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorsportsstreams/
www.reddit.com/r/USCR

Those will help you. There are ways to watch it online and not have FOX get in the way.

Last edited by BaconWrappedSushi; 01-25-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:27 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

^That's how I finished out the race...my gf found a live feed through reddit.

I actually did end up getting a fox login and it worked but I was disappointed with the commentators and the damn commercials.

The saga continues...lol. Really wish the good ol' IMSA app would work like it used to...that was so nice...live track map, various cameras and the IMSA TV feed.

Get notified of new replies

To Do I have to spend another season hacking to watch Weathertech races with no FOX acct

Quick Reply: Do I have to spend another season hacking to watch Weathertech races with no FOX acct