C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Fuel injector retainer needed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:51 PM
jetbluu
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Metal Fuel injector retainer needed?

I did a search and I just wanted to double check with you guys with aftermarket injectors if you are using the metal retainers for the fuel injectors. Read that they are only on there during assembly to prevent them from falling out on the assembly line.

Asking because I don't see a groove on top on my ID1050x's like I noticed on the stock injector or my current 60# ones. Pics for reference on what I'm talking about (ID1050x next to my stock ls2).

I figured once on, the fuel rail bolted down would be enough. Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Images   

Last edited by jetbluu; 01-22-2018 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:38 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Most don't use the clips,but (ECS) said that they prefer to modify the setup so they can be used.....I would give them a call,they are really good guys to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (01-23-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 11:09 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

I understand they are federal regulation safety requirement I personaly remove them from my cars however they are good to have with the factory fuel rail so the eight injectors can be pulled out attached to the fuel rail for service with minimun spill and speed installtion.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:03 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

I have run with and without. A properly secured rail will keep them in place. As said above it does make them easier to pull with the rail keeping a mess to a minimum.

Get notified of new replies

To Metal Fuel injector retainer needed?

Quick Reply: Metal Fuel injector retainer needed?